two

Why i can't let you go

Wendy POV

I saw his back, he look skinny. His face is paler. Why is looking so down?

It's been a year, i admit i miss him. A part of me miss him so much but another part of me has let him go. He deserve better, i am not perfect enough for him. I have too many flaws. I used to cry in my sleeps but i stop, he is not even thinking about me. Why do i need to cry for him. I have been telling myself he won't come back to me but i was hoping.

I saw him walking away, standing side by side with s. I was staring at him when Jonghyun caught me. He look at me. I quickly walk away from the backstage and went back to my waiting room.

I sat at my bed, looking at the items on top of my dressing table, some gifts are from him. I never threw them away, i let it there without touching it. The flowers that i kept dried up but i can't seem to throw them away.

A box catches my eyes, the box with full of my memories with him. I promise myself to give him on our 1000th day together, i laugh at myself for believing our relationship last that long.  

If you didn't throw it away now, you will keep thinking about him Wendy ah.

You have move on, let him go.

I hold the box close to my heart, my tears are streaming down my cheeks, my heart hurts. Why is it hurting me so much now?

I threw the box at floor, letting it crash down, the paper cranes were lying around the floor. 

I miss you MInhyun ah but............

 

I woke up with my eyes swollen, i cried the whole night. Today will be the last day I will be seeing him, after 4 days of torture. I quickly get ready but my eyes catches the box at my dressing table, someone must have cleared it. I took the box with me, putting it inside my bag. I have decided to give it to him, its better for me. For every time i look at the box, the memories with are playing around me.I need to get rid of the box as soon as possible and today is the day. I walk towards my members who were waiting for me, we are going to new year concert to perform, our yearly routine. They look at me with worried look, but i don't want to talk to anyone right now. 

The members were walking with me, Irene hold my hand tightly, i knew she's worried about me. I gave her a small smile assuring her i am fine but the members knew me too well. I am lucky to have them by my side now. We were walking towards our waiting room when i saw glimpse of someone i knew, Jonghyun from the same group as him. Jonghyun greeted us and smile at us. Joy who is close to him, high five him.

"Oppa why are you standing here alone?" Joy asked Jonghyun.

Before even hearing his answer, i walk away dragging Irene with me. He must be shocked looking at my reactions but i don't care anymore. I don't want see anyone or talk to anyone. I went it to our waiting room and sat at the sofa. Lucky for us we are not sharing our waiting room with any idol groups. 

"Unnie, i am going to rest for while, wake me up when my turn to touch up." I told Irene and close my eyes.

Seeing Jonghyun, reminds me 2 years ago, before i fall for him, before our love starts. Jonghyun and he came to our waiting room, giving their signed album to us. I used to MC with him but we were not close. We only greeted each other and smile when bumped at hallway or backstage. He looks different from the last time we MC together, he looks matured. Our eyes met, i smile at him and he gave me the sweetest smile i ever saw. It flutters my heart.

Minhyun gave me his sign album to me. I saw him trembling a bit, i quickly took the album but our hands touched. I felt something, more than static, it's like my heart is going to burst. I look at him and i saw his shocked face. Our faces turns red but he quickly says goodbye to us and walk our of our waiting room.

I stood there, speechless, my hand is still holding the album. This is the first time i felt this way. My members woke me up from my own world, they keep teasing me. I ignore them, telling them he is younger than me and he is out of reach. 

That's the truth, now he is one of the top idols, his looks are being praised, he is far from reach from me. I am just another girl, from girl group that can sing really well. I am not pretty like my other members. I am always being critized for being fat and chubby. I knew my stan. 

"Unnie, wake up, it's your turn now." I woke up with Yeri nudge. 

Looking at myself at the mirror, the dark circles and pale lips. I look nothing like Wendy a year ago or maybe two years ago. My chubby cheeks are gone. I close my eyes letting Stylist unnie to do her work. 

My mind is still thinking of him. 

I open my eyes and grab a pen and post it notes at the table that someone left it there. I quickly wrote something and fold it. I have decided, this is the time, i won't be thinking about him anymore. I deserve better right?

After finish up my make up, i quickly left the waiting room with the box. Walking towards Nuest waiting room, just right beside mine. My eyes lock on a guy that is crouching, looking at the floor. He look troubled, i want to ask him why but i felt like i have lost my voice. He didn't realise my presence, he is still in his own world.

"Jonghyun ah.." I whisper his name softly.

His eyes met mine, he look shock with my presence. Maybe he didn't expect me standing infront of Nuest waiting room and calling his name. I sigh loudly and gave him a smile. He smile back at me but his smile never reach his ear, theres tears in his eyes. I envy his friendship with Minhyun. He cares so much for Minhyun and i knew he willing to do anything for him. I should have fall for this guy in front of me. Everyone says so, even Seulgi told me during my early days with Minhyun that Jonghyun suits me better. Even my manager thought i am having relationship with Jonghyun when i told him i am together with a Nuest member. Nobody expect me to with Minhyun. 

"Wendy ah, what are you doing here?" 

I look at the box i am holding, should i pass it to Jonghyun and ask him to give to Minhyun. Or should i tell Jonghyun i want to meet Minhyun for awhile. 

"Jonghyun ah, is he here?" I whisper softly, i am not sure if he heard it but he nods his head and mouth he is in the waiting room.

I sigh again, i am not sure how many times i sigh. I am using all my strength to be here. I felt that i lost my strength at my leg, Jonghyun must have realise and quickly hold my shoulder. 

"Are you okay? Do you want to sit for awhile inside? Or you want me to bring you to your waiting room?" Jonghyun look at me worriedly.

"It's okay, I am fine. I think i need your help. Can you help me pass this box to him?" I said to Jonghyun. I was hoping for him to say yes. I don't think i can meet him any sooner to give him the box.

"Sure Wendy ah, Is that all?"Jonghyun look at me in the eye and nod his head.

"Yes that's all" I pass to him the box, my heart felt so heavy looking at the box on another hand.

I quickly bow at him and walk away but i felt someone hold my shoulder. I did not turn, my tears are rolling down at my cheeks, i try stop myself from sobbing.

"Wendy ah, please forgive Minhyun, he is also suffering now. If you still love him please come back to him. He is not himself, i am worried. Please." Jonghyun pleads me.

I turn around and look at him. He was crying too. He hold my hand tightly but i can't seem to answer him back. I am sorry Jonghyun, i need time, i want to know my limit. I want to tell him all of this but i can't.

I walk away to my waiting room, leaving Jonghyun. I didn't look back at all. I am walking away from this. I am hurting too, not Minhyun only.

 

Everything went pass so fast, the concert ended well, i didn't spare a glance at him at all. I promise myself to be stronger and this new year, i promise to forget about love. I won't fall in love anymore. 

 

"Wendy ah, wake up! wake up!" I heard someone shouting at me. I am in deep sleep, dreaming about him, i saw him struggling running towards me. I sat up with breathless,my heart hurts, its like someone poking me hard at my heart.

"Wendy ah.. Are you awake?" Seulgi sat beside me and hold my hand. Our eyes met, its like she want to tell me something. I felt something bad must have happen.

I look at her giving her a weird look, i saw other members are surrounding me. Their eyes are teary. Something bad has happen. Is it my parents? Or what?

"Wendy ah, i want to tell you something but i want you stay calm okay." Seulgi voice sound so serious.

My heart is beating so fast. My hand tremble, i heard her saying about Minhyun but i can't seem to catch any words from her. My head was spinning so fast. My body feels light and everything turns black.

"Wendy ah, Minhyun got into accident and he is in bad condition now. He has low chance to live. Wendy ah."