Wherever you are

Wherever you are

I was walking on the soft sand, all my senses distorted by the alcohol. Finding my place was my number one mission right now, but to be honest I didn't even know how I ended up on the beach. Few hours earlier, my friends dragged me to some random party, telling me I should take a break from work. It started with one glass, then two, three, four... And now I'm there. I decided to sit down. Maybe if I wait I'll sober and I'll find my way back. I lay down and looked at the dark sky. My eyes travelled on the countless stars above me. Sometimes, I wish I could go up there and leave everything behind. But the reality ties me on earth. My job is the only thing I have and this means I don't have a lot. I'm the owner of a small music shop in this town. I don't earn very much, just enough to live. I can't hire anybody so I do all the work by myself. In other words, I never stop.

I stayed there for a while. I was about to fall asleep, when I heard something. It was a melody. I felt my heart clenched as unknown feelings went trough my head. It was beautiful. I opened my eyes to find the owner of the angelic voice. My sight locked on him as I straightened myself. He was sitting here, few meters away from me. His body was rocking slowly to the rhythm. He was looking at the sea with his dark eyes like he was observing each and every waves crashing on the sand. Notes followed each other in perfect harmony and not once I heard one that didn't sound right. It was perfect from the beginning to end. When the last note had completely faded, the young man turned his head toward me. Our eyes met for a second before he stood up. He quickly dusted his pants and,to my surprise, came closer to sit beside me. Looking straight in front of him he asked:
“What's your name?” 
I was taken aback by the sudden question.
“Yoochun...” I cleared my throat “ What's yours?”
“I'm Junsu”
The sound of waves was the only thing that filled the silence. I drew random things in the sand trying to ignore the awkwardness. 
“The stars are pretty tonight” he said softly
I nodded. 
“Why are you here, Yoochun? he asked
I looked at him. I didn't notice this earlier, but this boy is really beautiful. From his silky dark hair to his full red lips. His almond shaped eyes were fixing me, making me blush brightly. I looked away from him, suddenly feeling nervous.
“I-I don't really know. I was at a party near here...I must have somehow made my way to this place...” I replied
From the corner of my eyes, I saw his mouth formed an “O” and he shook his head. 
“It not a good idea to get this drunk if you can't even remember how you ended up here...” he said with a slight pout
I chuckled at the cuteness and we both kept quiet for a while. Then, Junsu started singing softly. 
“I love your voice” I said once he stopped
I was surprised by my own words. I guess could blame my not totally sober brain for those. But the smile on Junsu's face was worth it. 
“Thank you” he said
Even if it was dark, I swear I saw him blushing.

That night, Junsu and I talked until the sun rise. I told him about my shop and he told me I shouldn't push myself too hard. Also, I learnt that he is coming here every night. That's pretty much the only thing he told me about himself. Whenever I asked about him, he just changed the subject. I guess he doesn't like to talk about that. Then, just before we go back, Junsu asked me if I would come back. I immediately said yes.

Going to the beach everyday became part of my routine. After my long tiring days, those peaceful moments were just like heaven. Slowly, Junsu was opening himself to me

“How come I never saw you here before?” I asked him one night “I mean, it's a small town and I know almost everybody...so why?”
I was expecting him to just brush away the question, but after hesitating he said:
“I haven't been here for really long. I came to this town about one week before we met.”
“Really?”
“Yeah...I was...travelling...”
He looked at me for a second and then turned his head back to the sea. I wanted to ask more, but I knew he wouldn't answer. The way he was looking away clearly meant he didn't want to say more. It was a big progress anyway so I didn't complain. I waited few minutes until he decided to talk again.
“Yoochun?” he said
“Yes?”
“If you had the possibility to go wherever you want in the world, where would you go?”
I laughed bitterly. How many times I thought about this? If I could leave this place where in the world would I go. Every time, I just told myself that anywhere would be fine. Just going away from this life would be enough for me. 
“I don't know...” I answered
“You really have no idea?” he said 
“Well...Sydney maybe”
Junsu's expression immediately changed. A big smile grew on his face, making my heart skip a beat.
“I want to go there too” he said “ I want to see the Opera House”
I smiled at him. I don't know why but seeing him like this makes me feel so warm inside. I think, I'm not really sure, but I think I'm in love.

It has been 3 weeks since I met Junsu and today is the first rainy day since that time. I arrived at our usual spot when heavy rain start pouring on us. It took two minutes and we were already dripping wet. Half-screaming because of , I told Junsu that we should go to my place for tonight. The moment he agreed, I took his hand and guided him trough the dark streets. We ran as fast as we could and after few minutes only we reached my place. It's a good thing I don't live to far away. Searching trough my wet coat, I found the keys of the store. We entered in the shop that was only lightened by the streets lamp. 
“I live above there” I told him since he looked slightly confused. 
“Oh, I see”
With our fingers intertwined, we walked trough the different instruments to the back store. The staircase leading my apartment was too small for us to walk side by side so I reluctantly let go of his hand. I started climbing up and with each step a was taking, my heartbeat increased. It's the first time I bring someone home. I'm glad that I cleaned the place yesterday. I fumbled trough my keys once again and finally opened the door. I went in closely followed by Junsu. After opening the light, I turned back to him and it took me a lot of self control to not just kiss the life out of him right there. His hair were in a mess, all plastered on the side of his face. For the first time, I could clearly see every detail of his face. 
“Are you okay?” 
His gentle voice brought me back on earth. I nodded my head quickly.
“Yeah..Uhmm...I'll get you some dry clothes.”
“Oh...I'll wait here. I don't want to wet the whole place”
I smiled at him before quickly leaving. I went to my room and took a deep breath to calm down. If I don't panic, it's going to be alright. I took a shirt and a pair of jeans before heading out. Junsu was still there, trembling from the cold. I gave him the clothes and showed him the way to the bathroom. Few minutes later, we were both changed and dry. I was sitting on the couch when Junsu came out. He made his way there and sat beside me. For once, it seems like I wasn't the only one that felt awkward. Junsu kept looking down, playing with the side of the shirt
“Yoochun...I have something to ask you...” he said
I turned my head and tried to look as calm as possible when our eyes met. He was definitely nervous. Each deep breath he took was lifting up his chest and he just didn't seem to know where to put his hands. I never saw him in such a state. 
“What is it Junsu?” I asked concerned
He sighed heavily and look straight at me.
“What...” he paused “What would you do if ask you to kiss me?”
My eyes widened and my heart stopped for a second. His cheeks went bright red and he looked away embarrassed. It took a moment for my brain to analyze the situation. 
“Ah..I'm sorry...I-” he started 
I didn't give the time to finish his sentence. I closed the gap between us and kissed his lips. He seemed surprise but soon he started kissing back. My hands found their way to his waist. He moaned slightly when they slipped under his shirt. I pulled back, panting heavily.
“This...” I said “This is what I would do if you ask me to kiss you”
He smiled before hugging me tightly. 
“I love you” I whispered next to his ear
“I love you too”

I woke up the next morning feeling great. I also woke up with a cold, but it wasn't really worrying me. Today was a day like the other yet it was different. The night wasn't coming fast enough and I just couldn't wait to see him again. It was 7pm when I finally took my coat and headed to the beach. My heart was beating in anticipation when I saw the sea. I was expecting to see him standing there just like the usual, but instead I was greeted by emptiness. I looked around, searching for his figure. Nothing. It was deserted. I tried to believe that he was just late. I sit down on the sand and waited. Every second that passed broke my heart all over again. Just like that, I spent the night on the beach even if from the beginning, I knew he wouldn't come tonight.

Weeks went by and my old life came back. I worked all day long without a break, without motivation. I didn't even go back to the beach. It was just too painful. I tried not to think about him and about where he went, even tough I had my own idea.

“I haven't been here for really long. I came to this town about one week before we met.”
“Really?”
“Yeah...I was...travelling...”

Travelling, right? I guess I was just an other stop to his trip. 
One day, as I was looking trough the mail, I stumbled on one letter that stood out.
“From Junsu”
There was no address written on it, only his name. I hesitated a little before opening it. There was a little note with “I'll wait for you”. I didn't fully understand the meaning of those word until I took out an other thing from the envelope. One-way ticket to Sidney, Australia.

I smiled. I think I'll have to prepare my suitcase soon.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Hope you enjoyed it everyone~!
Please forgive me if there is a lot of mistakes ^^;
Comments are loved! :)