Chapter 7

Looking for Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jin’ POV

Jin’s weekends became filled with going over to Hoseok’s house and cooing over the small child which he adored greatly. Taehyung was the cutest thing in existence as far as Jin was concerned. Even though Taehyung was only a few days old he was already so full of life. Sure, all he really did was sleep but still, he was just really freaking adorable. Jin was up for helping Hoseok and Yoongi take care of the child in any way. Namjoon was the same, they both would go over every weekend to visit the child after their weekly date. It was a wonderful way to spend their evenings and Taehyung didn’t seem to mind since he liked being held by just about everyone.

Hoseok had taken time off from work for a month to be there full-time for his new baby. After the month would end Yoongi would be the one to take time off so he could spend all his time with Taehyung. For them, that was the best system and allowed neither of them to have to completely compromise their job. The married couple was also very grateful to have Jin and Namjoon there for them as they’d always help out whenever and however needed.

Jin enjoyed his days more now that he had a nephew (it didn’t matter that he wasn’t related to Yoongi or Hoseok; they were his brothers and Taehyung was his nephew, ok? Ok) to dote on and care for. Seeing Taehyung and caring for him reminded Jin of how much he desired a family of his own. He would find himself glancing towards Namjoon and wonder if maybe he’d have one with the younger one day, and as the days passed by these thoughts began to play in his mind more and more.

Before Jin even knew it, the newborn baby was already two weeks old.

* * * *

Jin was at work finishing up the last few details for a case when he got a call. He didn’t look at the caller ID before answering it.

“Hello?” Jin asked into the line.

"Jin-ah?" Seokjung, Jin's older brother said on the phone.

"Oh hyung, what's up? How are you? What about eomma? Nothing happened to her right?" Jin asked surprised and a bit worried to have gotten a call from his elder brother. It wasn't too often they talked.

"I'm ok, and yes, eomma is fine too. Don't worry nothing's wrong with us... But could you come to my workplace?" Seokjung asked.

"The hospital?" Jin asked confused.

"Yea... There's something I need to tell you and it's better you come to hear and see it in person."

"What happened, hyung? You're scaring me," Jin replied frowning.

"Just... Just come please," his hyung requested.

"Ok... I'll be there in an hour and thirty minutes" Jin replied growing more perplexed and scared.

"Alright, see you then. Drive safe," Seokjung said and then hung up.

Jin pursed his lips together and grabbed his wallet and keys then headed out the door wondering what could have happened. What had caused his brother to phone with such a serious tone and be so enigmatic?

It really worried Jin and so he quickly put away the case file and gathered his things before heading out making sure to lock his office door before he went.

* * * *

When Jin arrived at the hospital his brother worked at he called the elder to let him know he’d arrived and asked where to go. Seokjung just told him to wait in the waiting room and he’d come to him and so Jin did as instructed and took a seat in the moderately-busy waiting room. Ten minutes later, he saw his brother approach with something bundled up in blankets in his arm. As Seokjung came closer Jin was able to see that his elder brother was carrying a baby in his arms.

“Hyung? Who’s baby is that?” Jin asked curiously as he stood up and went closer to look at the baby in Seokjung’s arms.

Seokjung pressed his lips together before taking in a deep breath and saying, “Yours.”

A moment of silence passed between them in which Jin stood shocked and confused.

“You’re joking,” Jin finally said letting out a sigh and showing his brother an irritated look.

“No… No, I’m not,” Seokjung said shaking his head. “I’m being 100% serious. This baby is your son.”

Jin stared at the child in his older brother’s arms completely baffled. His son? How could that baby be his son? How could he have a son without his knowledge? What in the world was his hyung on about? Jin stared at the elder male, glancing from him to the baby. His head unable to wrap around it all.

“W-what do you m-mean… m-my son?” Jin asked.

“His name is Jimin, and he is your son.” His hyung insisted.

“H-how?” Jin asked still finding it hard to believe.

“He’s yours and Hannah’s son, Jin.”

“...Hannah?”

“Yes, Jin, earlier today Hannah was brought to the ER with this baby... She had multiple stab wounds along with a bullet through her stomach and one close to her heart. I was on duty and assigned to perform surgery on her... Before the surgery she grabbed my hand and told me one thing, ‘The baby, it’s your brother’s’... I didn’t know if she was serious, but after the surgery, I checked on the baby and ordered a DNA test to be done. After I got the results I called you… the results confirmed it... He is your son,” his brother explained and then held out the child for Jin to take.

Jin continued to stare at the child, Jimin, his mind still not ready to accept what had been said. But after a few seconds Jin tentatively held his hands out and his brother gently placed the sleeping baby into his arms. The baby stirred in his arms letting out a small coo and moved his hands around before settling them close to his chest and snuggling back into Jin’s arms. Jin stared at the small child in his arms in both awe and fear. He was still having a hard time swallowing the fact that this was his child. This tiny helpless thing was his son, his son that he’d never even known about. It was a lot to process especially for him seeing as he had thought he’d be married before he had children.

“Jin?” Seokjung whispered after a minute of silence in which Jin gently rocked Jimin in his arms. Jin slowly looked up at Seokjung, his eyes showing all the different emotions the elder was feeling inside.

“...How are you feeling?” Seokjung asked.

“...I… I don’t know how to feel,” Jin answered honestly.

“I know… It’s a lot to handle… but Jin, you… you’re going to have to make some tough decisions really soon.” Seokjung forewarned and Jin nodded realizing the elder was right. He needed to talk to Hannah, he needed to know what would happen now that he knew.

“W-where’s…. Hannah?” Jin asked.

“She’s in the ICU and hasn’t awoken from her surgery yet… we’re actually not sure if she will wake. If she’s going to, it will be within the next couple of hours… otherwise… I think we’ll have to declare her brain dead,” Seokjung answered. He was about the say more but his pager beeped signaling he was needed somewhere. Seokjung excused himself to make a call, taking one last glance at Jin and the baby, he turned away and walked down the hall so that his conversation wouldn’t end up waking the baby, though there wasn’t much point to that as the hospital was already relatively noisy and yet the baby hadn’t woken up.

Jin continued rocking Jimin who slept peacefully in his arms. He soon grew tired of standing and so he sat down, shifting the baby in his arms to a more comfortable position. As he did he noticed marks along the baby’s neck when the blanket slipped down. Perplexed he pulled the blanket down further and was met with an ugly sight. There were blue and purple bruises forming on Jimin’s soft skin as if someone had choked him. Worriedly Jin pulled the blanket further down and examined the rest of Jimin’s little body and was horrified to see more bruises covering the baby’s arms. Jin was afraid of what he’d find under the baby’s clothes, would there be even more bruises? He almost didn’t want to know but he lifted Jimin’s shirt gently anyway. He saw a couple of bruises on the baby’s chest and side. He pulled the shirt back down and covered the baby with the blanket before standing up and marching over to where Seokjung was just getting off the phone.

“Who did this to him?!” Jin demanded to know, his worry having turned into rage.

“Did what?” Seokjung asked startled.

“This?!” Jin whisper yelled as he pulled the blanket down a bit to reveal the ugly bruising along Jimin’s neck. Seokjung frowned upon seeing the marks and sighed motioning for Jin to sit down. The two sat down and then Seokjung began explaining where the bruises came from.

“I told you earlier that Hannah came in with stab and gunshot wounds right?” Seokjung asked.

“Yes… Who did that to her?” Jin asked wondering if the same person had hurt his baby.

“Her husband,” Seokjung answered. Jin’s eyes widened before his eyebrows furrowed together in confusion.

“I don’t know exactly what happened. Her husband was taken by the police while Hannah and Jimin were rushed to the ER. I’m not privy to details but I was able to learn that when the police arrived on the scene, having been alerted by Hannah’s neighbor, who’d heard loud yelling. The police barged into the house when no one answered the door. As soon as they did a gunshot went off. That’s when the police apprehended her husband and came across a baby crying on the floor near where the mother had fallen. When they brought the two of them to the hospital, they speculated that any injuries were caused by the husband. So those bruises on Jimin's body? Those are likely the result of her husband having choked him and then handled him too roughly. The doctor who accessed him also mentioned that he might have been dropped on the floor,” Seokjung went on to say.

Jin processed everything his brother was saying, mind reeling. He subconsciously held onto Jimin tighter as if to protect him from danger. “Will he be ok? Shouldn’t you be putting some sort of ointment or something to help with the bruising? Aren’t babies really fragile? If he was dropped are you sure nothing’s wrong? What if something internal was damaged?” Jin asked in a rush as worry began clouding his mind once more.

“He’s been taken care of, Jin-ah. There’s thankfully not much internal damage, and the bruising looks bad but it will heal on its own. It’s better not to put anything in case he runs his hand along the cream and accidentally ingests it.” Seokjung answered.

“Not much internal damage? Then there was some? What’s wrong?” Jin was quick to pick up on that detail and ask. Being a lawyer had prepared him to pay attention to every word and detail a person said to him.

“His… He wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter