Chapter 10

Looking for Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Namjoon's POV

After Jin's decision was made, Namjoon had gone out and bought a car seat for Jimin, which they placed in Jin's car. After that they stayed to take care of the funeral procedures for Hannah, as she didn't have anyone to do it for her. Hannah's parents had died when she was in college, and she had no knowledge of any other relatives except a very distant uncle, who she wasn't in contact with. And since her husband was currently in jail, Jin felt it was his duty to help. The whole process took about three hours, and when they were done, the couple were ready to go home.

Once the baby was settled into the baby seat and asleep, the two went home. Namjoon went in his own car and followed Jin until they reached the elder's apartment. Once there, Namjoon got out of his car and walked over to Jin who was getting Jimin out of his car seat.

"Did he stay asleep the whole ride?" Namjoon asked as Jin placed the baby against his shoulder and grabbed the baby bag Seokjung had provided them with and gave it to Namjoon.

"Yea. I thought he would wake up but he surprisingly stayed asleep," Jin answered.

"That's good though," Namjoon said and Jin nodded.

"Yep, now let's get inside. It's colder in Seoul then it was in Sowon," Jin noted as he hurried towards his front door and pulled out his keys to open it. Namjoon followed close behind and as soon as the door was opened they both went inside and relaxed in the sudden warmth.

"It feels good to be home," Jin commented as he the lights and went deeper into the apartment.

Namjoon hummed in agreement as he followed the elder to the elder's bedroom. Jin gently placed the baby on the bed and tucked him in before surrounded the sleeping infant with numerous pillows to make sure he wouldn't accidentally roll off the bed. Satisfied that Jimin would be safe if he did wake up and try to move around, Jin turned around and looked at Namjoon.

"What now?" the elder asked.

"Well first... we should make a list of all the things we'll need for Jimin. After all, I doubt this will last you more than a couple of days," Namjoon said thoughtfully as he opened the baby bag and inspected the number of diapers, wipes, formula bottles, and the small number of baby clothes.

"Let's go to the kitchen and write up a list while I make us something to eat cause I'm hungry for some reason," Jin suggested, and so the two went into the kitchen. Jin opened his fridge to look at what he had and then began pulling things out one by one. Namjoon stood by the kitchen entryway and debated whether he should offer to help or not, but it seemed Jin was already one step ahead of him.

"There's a magnetic notepad on the fridge, could you grab that so we can start making our list?" Jin requested and Namjoon nodded. The younger went to the fridge and grabbed the magnetic notepad off of the fridge along with the pen, then he took a seat at the kitchen table and got ready to write.

"Ok first off we gotta find formula that he'll actually drink," Jin stated as he began chopping vegetables.

"Yea, that's our number one priority," Namjoon agreed as he quickly wrote it down. Then he wrote down some brands he knew of below it so they'd know where to at least start.

"Our second priority should be getting him the essentials," Jin said and Namjoon began listing them off as he wrote them down.

"We'll need diapers, wipes, more baby bottles, pacifiers, and baby clothes as well," Namjoon stated.

"Don't forget toys. We can't expect to entertain him with only our fingers and car keys forever," Jin added and Namjoon laughed as he wrote the new item down.

"Right... what about a crib? We're also gonna need to set up a nursery for him, won't we?" Namjoon asked looking up at Jin who had started frying the vegetables and was adding seasoning.

"Yea... hmm, maybe the guest room should be turned into the nursery?" Jin questioned aloud.

"If you want him to have his own room sure... or you could place a crib in your room so he's close by at night. Your room is big enough for that."

"Maybe... what's better though?"

"Well... personally, I think it would be best to put a crib in your room because your guest room is on one side of the house and your room is on the other. Not that much distance between them but at night if Jimin were to begin to cry, you wouldn't be able to hear him."

"But that's what baby monitors are for, aren't they?"

"Yes, but what if the monitor were to stop working? It's better to keep him close by. At least until his vocal cords are healed."

"You're right... even Yoongi and Hoseok keep Tae in the room opposite their room so they'll hear if he ever began crying."

"Most parents tend to do that," Namjoon agreed.

"It makes sense," Jin hummed as he turned off the heat and pulled out two plates from the cupboard.

"It does. So we're agreed to place the crib in your room for now?" Namjoon asked.

"Yes, maybe when he's older we can give him his own room but for now, it's better he stay with us," Jin stated as he dished out the food onto the plates and placed one in front of Namjoon.

"You make it sound like I'll be living here," Namjoon teased as he set aside the notebook and took the offered spoon from Jin's hand.

Namjoon only took a single bite of food when he realized Jin had gone silent after his comment. He looked up at the elder confused only to see Jin biting his lip while staring at him.

"What is it?" Namjoon asked, placing his spoon down to listen.

"You said at the hospital... that we could figure things out as we go in regards to Jimin's care... b-but we can't if you don't even live here."

"Why not?"

"Because... even if you're only ten minutes away from here... that's still ten minutes. I'd have to call you every time Jimin or I needed something."

"... I suppose, but what's the problem exactly?" Namjoon asked not understanding.

Jin pressed his lips together before taking in a deep breath. "It would be easier... if you'd move in," Jin said looking at Namjoon hopefully.

Namjoon was taken aback. He had not been expecting that and so he sat there dumbfounded. In his silence, Jin became more jittery.

"Do you not want to?" Jin asked hesitantly.

Namjoon pulled himself together at that question and shook his head as he explained. "That's not it... I just didn't expect you to say that " Namjoon admitted looking up at Jin seriously.

"Oh," was all Jin said. The two looked at one another for a moment before Namjoon cleared his throat and spoke up again, "Jin... Do you really want me to move in? Or is because of Jimin that you ask?"

"I... I have thought of us living together before... And I wish I could say this doesn't have to do with Jimin but it does... I did ask because of Jimin, but I would have asked eventually even if he wasn't a part of the picture... I do want to live with you."

"I see..." Namjoon thought about it for a moment. He was a little disappointed that Jin was asking him to move in just because of the baby, but at the same time, he could understand how that made it the perfect time to ask as well. But Jin had said he'd thought about it before, and the elder had never lied to him so Namjoon believed him. Knowing the elder had thought about it made him feel a little better. And if he really analyzed what Jin had said, it kind of sounded as if the elder was using the baby as an excuse to ask him in a way.

"I'm sorry," Jin said at the prolonged silence. He started shifting his food around on his plate as he continued, "Forget I asked, I shouldn't use this situation to ask you to move in, that was insensitive of me."

Namjoon sighed and reached across the table to take a hold of Jin's hands and keep them still, which made Jin look up at him. He gave the other a reassuring smile as he began speaking, "No it's ok, I get it... I'll admit I wish you'd asked me without something like this influencing you but... well I think I'd have done the same in your position. And... I guess this really is more or less a good time to ask. So yea... I'd love to live with you and Jimin hyung. But I think if we're gonna do this, maybe we should consider the future first."

"The future?" Jin asked confused and Namjoon nodded.

"You're asking me to move in, I'm taking that to mean you're hoping we stay together for a long time to come," Namjoon stated.

"Yea... I do want that," Jin agreed.

"Then let's do this with that future in mind, instead of me moving in, let's both move in together. Let's buy a house together. After all, we'll need the space as Jimin grows up," Namjoon said.

"A house... together?" Jin repeated seeming to think about it a moment. "That's not a bad idea. But... are you sure about this? I mean I'd understand if... if you didn't want to move in together or even if you didn't mean it when you said we'd raise Jimin together. I mean he's not related to you so I get it," The elder began blabbering on as his insecurities rose again, but Namjoon was quick to address them.

"Stop Jin. There's nothing to understand. I want to be here for you and help raise Jimin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter