Threat

Chance

Although Yoojung didn’t tell Somi what had made her so upset, her best friend tried her hardest to cheer Yoojung up the next day; bringing her coffee before they walked to school together, showering her in hugs and gifting snacks that she had baked herself, declaring them to be better than the treats that Doyeon had made for her.

The effort was touching, and while Yoojung was thankful and adored that Somi would go through the effort, it did nothing to quiet down the fear in her heart

The rumors that she had heard about Eunwoo.. There was a story that Kim Dahyun, his first girlfriend, Somi’s childhood friend and now a fellow member of the football team, had left him because he was physically abusive and demanding. Even after she had broken up with him, he practically stalked her and was physical when he kept asking for her back. It had taken an intervention from Dahyun’s friend Sana and the football captain, Amber, to make him back off. But not without giving death threats to Sana and Amber. Yoojung hears that Sana still won’t go near the boys baseball team, in fear of bumping into Eunwoo and him fulfilling that threat, and that Dahyun hasn’t dated anyone since because of the absolute trauma that he had left her with.

Jung Yerin, was also said to be a victim to Eunwoo’s viciousity. He had dogged after her, pestering her for her number and a date for weeks on end. Even going as far to going to her house or the place where she worked part time for her entire shift, just wanting to pester her for an answer. When Yerin’s work manager had threatened to have a restraining order put against him for distracting one of his best employees, Eunwoo had gotten physical with him, screaming about he had to have her or no one could. Yerin had moved schools and district, voicing to her parents that she couldn’t feel safe anymore.

Why hadn’t anything been done to Eunwoo? Why hasn’t he been expelled or arrested? That’s a funny question; it’s a common guess that it’s because his parents are influencial, huge icons in the modelling industry, and are grooming him to be the same. They don’t want anything risking their precious son’s image, so it’s rumored they pay huge amounts in blackmail money to make people stay quiet. But it doesn’t stop the rumors about how malicious Eunwoo is, along with his two senior buddies Ren and Heechul, who had as equally terrifying rumors surrounding them.

Yoojung wonders if she’ll be the third girl he pursues like Dahyun and Yerin, and how much his parents will pay to keep her quiet. Or not just her, they could be paying off the police or the school principal.

“You’re going to regret that.” He hissed, “No one says no to me.”

She wanted to cry every single time that his words rang in her head, echoing his threat over and over again.

And as much as poor Somi tried to cheer her up the few times a day she was able to see Yoojung, there was an empty, cold feeling in her chest that grew every time she passed by Eunwoo in the hallways. Not even Jieqiong practically fainting in the hallways because while Doyeon was saying hi to Yoojung and exchanging pleasantries, the volleyball captain looked their way. It wasn’t quite enough to make her genuinely smile, and forget the terrifying ordeal that hung over her shoulders.

But Jieqiong’s burning red face was nearly enough to crack a genuine grin. Nearly.

-

The last bell rang, signalling the end of the day, meaning Yoojung could go home with Somi and maybe have some relief in knowing that Eunwoo didn’t do anything to her all day. Maybe he had changed, or the rumors weren’t fully true. Hurrying to meet Somi, she threw all of her things in her bag when she noticed a new text from the girl.

Som Som, 4:02: Yoojungie!!!! I can’t walk home today, I have a project with Mina to do ㅠㅠㅠ I’m sure if you text Chungha unnie though, she can walk with you!!! Love you!!!!

Sighing, Yoojung quickly replied to Somi and started to type out a message to Chungha as she walked out into the hallways, which were suprisingly empty. Everyone must’ve been in a rush to go home. It was Friday after all. But she wasn’t alone.

“Choi Yoojung.”

There is no such thing as someone who changes completely.

Yoojung flinched, knowing how the voice belonged to. She looked up from her phone to meet the eyes of Cha Eunwoo.

“Have you maybe changed your mind?” He asked, his eyes boring into hers, “I’m free today.”

It might’ve stopped what happened next, but even if it saved her, she didn’t want to be with someone like him. Someone who terrified Dahyun and her friends into being near him. Someone who chased Yerin to move into another school. Someone who doesn’t know how to take no.

“Eunwoo, I’m sorry,” Yoojung says, her voice barely a whisper, “But my answer is still the same.”

Eunwoo’s eyes glinted, before he fixed his posture into something unnaturally straight, and looked over Yoojung to give the tiniest of nods.

She didn’t have time to react before the first blow made her head crack.

-

 

A/N I'm sorry this is short, but it's just a filler on Eunwoo's role in the story~ I'll get back to Dodaeng again soon!