Act 7

The Exorcists

 

Act 7

 

It was his fault. Everything was his fault. He knew his dried tears wouldn’t remake the past. He wished he was the one who was hurt; he wished he was ready enough to protect him from the explosion; he wished he never asked to go watch the star that night from their terrace; he could only wish.

“I’m sorry...” he choked his own tears as he vaguely caught a glance of his pale face,” Yoochun ah...Please wake up...Please forgive me...It’s all my fault...”

“You shouldn’t talk, Junsu,” Yunho’s figure got into the room as he warmly held Junsu’s trembling palm and wiped the tears away,” You should get some rest...”

“But...Chun...He’ll---“ Junsu lost his consciousness as Yunho made sure the blanket kept the poor boy warm. Sighing, Yunho walked to the other bed, next to Junsu’s. Yoochun was sleeping so silently as the beeping machine that kept him alive made irritating noise.

“You can’t die,” Yunho spoke in stern tone,” You’ve made two people suffered so much and I won’t forgive you if you’re just running away like this...Especially because you’ve hurt Jaejoong...”

There was no answer. Yunho sighed.

“Yunnie?” suddenly the door opened as Jaejoong’s voice echoed,” Can we talk?”

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

The cold brezze blew his hair softly, it’s a breathtaking view for Yunho but he knew now wasn’t the right time to think about his feelings. Jaejoong softly sighed as he leaned on Yunho’s shoulder. They’re on the rooftop of a hospital.

Thinking back, Yunho was glad they could make it alive. After the explosion, Jaejoong lost his sense for a few minutes. Yunho managed to bring Yoochun and Junsu out of the burning apartment as Jaejoong followed him blankly; tears were streaming down on his face as they rushed to an ambulance nearby and went to this hospital.

They’re strong, Yunho knew. But that didn’t mean they couldn’t die. Yoochun took the explosion with his bare body as he protected Junsu. It gave completely bad injury to his whole body. Moreover, Yoochun’s power was ice and it’s completely contrary to the explosion. 

“Jae, he’ll be fine,” Yunho didn’t realize his voice trembled a little. Jaejoong hid his face inside Yunho’s embrace as he broke down. Yunho could only panted his hair and hoped it would send the pain away, Yunho hated himself for unable to do anything.

“I’m sorry, Yunho ah,” Jaejoong cried out.

“You don’t need to be sorry, my love for you is unconditional after all,” Yunho smiled softly as he stole Jaejoong’s lips; silencing the heartbroken sobs.

“Please…make me stop loving him like this…Please make me stop blaming Junsu for everything…Please make me fall in love with you…Please make them stop hurting us…Pleasee…” Jaejoong cried out,” Why? Why can’t we have our freedom? Why, Yunho ah?”

Yunho couldn’t answer. He couldn’t find one. Caressing Jaejoong’s hair and securing the broken man between his arms were the only thing he could do. He pulled Jaejoong deeper into his embrace as he leaned their bodies on the wall. 

Time passed and the sobs stopped. Yunho covered the sleeping Jaejoong with his coat as he thought deeply. To be frank, he wanted everything to stop. Yunho admitted he wasn’t a saint or something like that; he felt he was a jerk, a bastard because some part of him wanted Yoochun to be killed in the explosion. He wanted to conquer Jaejoong’s heart entirely, but he knew he couldn’t.

Rubbing his own hair and sighing desperately, Yunho shooed the negative thought. He really wanted everything to stop, especially seeing his precious Jaejoong cried. He wanted to stop the tears, the pain. That was when an idea got into his tired mind. He needed to stop the fallen ones and the government; it’s the key to everything.

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

Three day passed since the ambush and he could barely walk. He wasn’t completely cured but he could care less; he just wanted Yoochun to open his eyes. He sat on an empty seat next to Yoochun’s bed. The man still hadn’t wakened from his coma. Without realizing it, tears began to flow again. Like a child, he wiped them as he told himself to be strong. He needed to be strong for Yoochun.

“Junsu,” Jaejoong’s voice echoed as the man entered the room,” Don’t cry. Yoochun will be sad if you cry….”

Junsu nodded. He knew it, he understood it but his heart felt a tremendous pain. First, because he couldn’t do anything to help Yoochun cured. Second, because he felt so guilty that Yoochun was hurt because of him. Third, because Jaejoong stopped calling him ‘Junchan’; he missed the nickname but he knew he didn’t deserve it. He knew silently inside his heart Jaejoong blamed him for everything that happened. 

He felt the guilt was like eating him alive; he thought he couldn’t bear it for another second. He wished he would just disappear. He wished he never came between Jaejoong and Yoochun; he even wished he never met them if that would prevent Yoochun wounded like this.

“Hyung,” he called in trembling voice,” I’m sorry…”

 

 

 

“What are you sorry for?” Jaejoong asked in cold voice as he continued,” We can’t rewind the past. That’s why no apology needed.”
 

 

 

“Hyung, I don’t know what to do,” Junsu broke down,” Please tell me, so that…Yoochun will open his eyes…”
 
“There’s nothing you can do, Junsu ah,” Jaejoong answered, still in cold voice.
 
Jaejoong left the room and there was only silence between Junsu’s sobs. He didn’t know what to do. Everything was messed up. He messed everything. Then, he remembered something. It might save Yoochun.
 
---
 
A week passed and there’s no sigh of Yoochun to wake up; Jaejoong was way beyond desperate. Moreover, after Junsu left. His used-to-be-dongsaeng ran away without any explanation. All Jaejoong knew was Junsu ran away after apologizing to him. He knew he clearly indicated that he blamed Junsu for everything but it was just wrong! How could Junsu run away when Yoochun needed him the most? Jaejoong couldn’t help but to blame Junsu more.
 
“Jae,” Yunho’s sweet voice woke him up as the man sat on a bench next to him,” I managed to contact them; they said they would help us stopping the fallen ones.”
 
Jaejoong gave a nod as Yunho slowly secured him within his arms; they could care less of the nurses that passed them through the hospital hall. He let Yunho told him the plan as he wondered; would they really succeed to end everything? Yunho said they would attack the main headquarter of the old government. It was very risky but if they succeeded, they would finally gain their freedom. 
 
Attacking with only the two of them would be impossible, that’s why Yunho contacted some of his friends to help them. They’re human but they hunted the fallen ones too. They’re called ‘The Exorcists’. 
 
“They will get here tonight. We’ll review our plan and tomorrow night is the ambush time. The main headquarter is one hour away from this hospital” Yunho ended his explanation. Jaejoong nodded again as Yunho sensed something was definitely going on the other man’s mind.
 
“What’s wrong?” Yunho asked.
 
“…Nothing,” Jaejoong lied,” It’s just…I really hope this will end everything…”
 
“It’ll, Jaejoong ah,” Yunho reassured,” I’ll kill every fallen ones and destroy everything that is left from the old government if that means I can finally see your smile again and stop your pain and tears.”
 
“Thank you, Yunho,” Jaejoong smiled a little as he pecked Yunho’s lips. It was weird such a reassuring words could change his feelings; he felt like everything would be just fine as long as Yunho was there with him.
 
---
 
The cold breeze brushed his skin in a horrible way as the darkness and silence conquered him, it had been a very long time since he stepped on the wooden floor. He thought he would never get inside the old and broken house again. 
 
The house was isolated and there’re only tall trees around it. It was a perfect place to do evil human experiment, Junsu admitted. There’s no neighbor that would complain for the screaming and other horrible things.
 
Junsu took a deep breath as he opened a door in front of him. It made weird crying sound as Junsu headed to the crypt. There’s a dim light from the corner of the room and he spotted the figure he wished he never met again.
 
“Now, now, what we have here…” the figure spoke in hoarse voice as Junsu’s heart felt like they stopped beating. He was scared as some horrible flashback replayed on his mind.

“You’ve grown,” the figure walked near the light as Junsu realized nothing much changed, except he was older than before. The man was wearing dark brown cape as his eyes showed how delighted he was; Junsu definitely didn’t like the stare.

 
“I…I come because I need one of your elixirs,” Junsu spoke up,” The one you used on me when I almost die back there…”
 
“Really?” he smirked. Junsu felt disgusted. The man was human; actually he was one of the scientists that tortured Junsu in the past. His specialty was medicine and poison.
 
“Yes,” Junsu answered in a stern voice; hiding his fear,” I really need the medicine, Shin Kangdae.”
 
“You know I never give anything free right?” Kangdae walked closer to Junsu as he continued,” You need to give me something back…”

“I’ll give you anything as long as I can get the medicine,” Junsu was determined.

 
“Really?” Kangdae laughed devilishly as he continued. He marched forward without any warning and pressed Junsu’s body between him and the wall. Junsu was way beyond scared when he realized Kangdae injected some medicine to his neck. He let his guard down thinking that Kangdae was too old to fight him. Junsu felt his legs began to lose their strength.
 
“I’ll take you as the medicine’s payment then…”
 
Junsu could only scream for help as the terror hit him. No, he never wished for anything like this; he just wanted to save Yoochun. He just wanted Yoochun to open his eyes again. Couldn’t fight back, Junsu closed his eyes; wishing the pain would just end.