*CHAPTER ONE*

Take My Hand

Chapter One


 

"So how's law school going son?" Sehun's father asked as he flip through the morning paper with a cup of coffee in his hand.

"A little bit stressful but I can manage." he answered as he chew on his food.

"Son when will you introduce a girl to us? I've heard from Kai that you've dated a lot of pretty girls from your department yet we never met any of them." his mom sulked as Sehun almost choke on his food, he took a mental note of how he'll kill Kai once he sees him.

"Mom those were just some silly dates that lasted for a month or two. Don't worry, once i find the girl that i'll be serious with you'll be the first one i'll introduce her to." he smiled at his mother then wipe his lips with the table napkin and stand up.

"Anyway, i need to go. I need to finish some papers nearing due." he excused himself as he slid out of his chair, bowing to his father first.


 


 

"Can we talk?" he look up from his paper to Irene who was standing infront of his table.

"But i'm still doing somethi-" he wasn't able to finish his sentence when she motioned him to follow her to wherever she was going. Sighing he closed his laptop put his papers down and walk behind her.

She lead him to an empty classroom that mostly lower years use.

"What are we Sehun-ah?" she softly asks him as she took a sit on top of the front row table. He can't help but just stare at her. Bae Joohyun or just simply Irene was the most beautiful girl from the whole school based on his own opinion and he knew he was lucky that out of all the other guys chasing her she choose him.

"We're dating aren't we?" he asked, he knows he's getting dumped again.

"Are you serious with me?" she asked again and she knew the answer the moment he look down to avoid her eyes.

"Sehun i have liked you ever since freshmen years and you made me the happiest when you asked me out three months ago. You're always there so close to me, smiling, talking, you were the perfect gentleman i imagined you to be. You were just there but why do you still feel so distant? Why can't you open up to me? Tell me what are we before i fall a little too hard for you and lose myself once you decide that i'm just like the other girls you dated and dropped." she said as tears stream down her face.

"I'm sorry Irene, believe me, i tried to open up to you. I like you, very much. I'm just not the right jerk for you to cry over." he said as he hand her a handkerchief. She took it with a sad smile.

"Why do you need to be so perfect?" she grinned.

"So... what are we now?" he asked her gently. He don't want to leave her the impression of him being a jerk. Out of all the girls he dated he can name Irene as one of those he was really serious about. He wanted to be serious with her yet he was always indifferent. It was the same thing his exes said as they dumped him. And Irene is the tenth.

"We're over. But i dumped you! Okay?" she giggled as she walk to Sehun and give him a tight hug.

"Seriously Sehun, i broke up with you cause i think i deserve someone better, someone who can love me. But i think you deserve someone like that too. Someone who could break your walls and lower your gaurd down. I'm praying you'll meet her sooner." she whispered as she bury her face against his chest, she wants to remember the feeling of Sehun against her.

A feeling she will forever treasure.


 


 

"You got dumped! Again!" Baekhyun laughed.

"Yah! There might be something wrong with you when all the girls you ever dated dump you for the same reason." Suho laugh at the corner too. They were friends from the same high school and still manage to meet up at Chen's family restaurant every Saturday evening, though the same boy was absent taking care of his new born child.

"I really thought Irene will be for a long run. You seem to treat her the best out of all the girl's you dated." Kyungsoo commented making Sehun look at him.

"I was serious about her believe it or not. It's just that she wants something more, more that i can ever give." he smiled. He too was wondering why he can't find a girl who matches him, was it that hard dealing with him?

"Seriously Sehun the last time you cried about a break up was on 3rd year highschool. What was the girl's name again? That beauty from Kingston?" Kyungsoo asked out of the blue as he flip the meat their cooking at the table's burner.

"Oh~~~ Lisa! It was Lisa hyung! She really was a beauty so i can clearly remember her name! She's the reason behind the man Sehun has become!" Chanyeol interuppted all excited.

"Yeah. I remember the story now! Haha! Wasn't she the one to hit on you because all you could do is stare and can't even ask for her name or number?" Kyungsoo laughed as he recall. Sehun was that shy handsome boy back in highschool and Lisa was an eyecatcher every guy wants to have.

"Never heard of her since then. We used to be close too you know?" Baekhyun said as he took a piece of meat to his mouth.

"Well she used to attend the same med school as me. She was still the beauty every guy wants but she drop out on her second year." Suho revealed making Sehun stare at him with wide eyes. He's now a doctor on their family hospital. While Baekhyun and Chanyeol are business partners on a music shop, Kyungsoo and Sehun are both in their fifth year at law school and Kai is now the CEO of his family's empire.

"Why didn't you tell me?" he asked in a cold tone.

"Well i didn't know you still want to get involved with her. You cheated on her remember?" the older just chuckled.

"Yah! Hyung! To Sehun's defence they were on their fourth breakup that time, so technically he was single when he hooked up with Mina!" Kai defended Sehun, admit it or not he knows that night was his fault. He was just trying to cheer Sehun up and make him forget about his nth breakup with Lisa and what he did lead the two to not getting back together.

It broke Sehun's heart and it also broke Lisa's. And Kai is still guilty.

"Lat's not talk about her, it's been years. I was young back then and she was my first love. Let's not ruin the mood." Sehun said silently as he drunk another shot of soju.


 

 


 

The car was quiet as Sehun drive to his apartment near Hongdae. He's been living on his own ever since he entered law school and will sometimes sleep in his parent's house when his mother begs him to.

Lisa. It's been so long since someone talked about her. He can deny it all he want but he knows she's the reason why all his relationships never worked out. It was impossible to get over her, she was extraordinary and everything he never thought she'd be.

"You always say how you wanted to be a doctor." Sehun said to no one in particular. Lisa had big dreams and Sehun was always a part of those dreams. He was one lucky bastard who let his chance go just like that.


 

"H- hey..umm.. it's Sehun. W- we met at a cafe a month ago.." he stuttered as he hold his phone near his left ear, he was blushing real hard.

"Woah.. took you long enough. I was starting to think i scared you away." the girl from the other line giggled. He scratch his nape and bit his lips

"No! I mean no, you didn't. I'm just really not... uhhh.... sociable? I'm not really good at talking and stuffs..." he nervously chuckled with Lisa softly laughing on the other line.

"That's cute. Do you mind telling me about you then?" she asked and his heart was almost beating it's way out of his chest, it was as if he could feel his ribcage getting tore open, in a good way. If that was possible.

"Umm.. what do you want to know? i'm not really an interesting person." he said in a heartbeat and he was so happy that he didn't stutter.

"Anything. Your name, age, school or maybe the reason why you called." she said and he knew that tone. Was she flirting with him? Why him?

"Uh about that. I'm sorry for the late introduction but i'm Oh Sehun. I go at the Tongyeong Boy's HighSchool and i'm nineteen. i guess i wanna make new friends that's why we're both here." he nervously said, hoping he didn't sound a little too excited and bored or it'll things up.

There was a long pause and it made him anxiously check the screen. Did he accidentally end the call? But the timer was still counting.

"So my turn."

"I'm LaLisa Manoban. I'm from an international school called KIngston All girl's HighSchool, hmm.. what else? I'm seventeen and i wasn't looking for a friend when i gave you my number." she giggled as Sehun almost choke on his own saliva. He's a shy guy but not innocent to the extent that he won't recognize a girl's advances.

"Do you mind if i call you oppa?"


 

He smile at the memory of the first night they ever talked. He remember how Kai was there on the corner laughing at him. The idiot was the one who dialed Lisa's number when he saw the tissue paper on top of his study table. That same idiot who started everything between him and Lisa was also the one who ruin it. But he was pass the stage of blaming his dumb friend.

He was at fault too. He should've realize that Lisa was childish, she will want to break up but will also be waiting for him infront of his house in the middle of the night. She was bubbly and always flirty but he shouldn't have doubted what they had. But regret won't do him any good so he brush the thought of her away.

They were both young back then but maybe, maybe if they were a little more mature things didn't end the way it did.