Lost

Lost

     The pavements and roads of Seoul’s centre had already begun to freeze up with a layer of thick ice filling the entire road however it didn’t dampen the mood that the Christmas season brought. Every corner of the streets was filled with happy families, couples enjoying their time and children playing in the snow with brightly lit Christmas trees which were shining with various different decorations that filled the tree. In the middle of the bustling city, a music festival was being held which drew in massive crowds as they waited in the cold for a glimpse of their favourite idols. Nayeon was waiting for her group Twice’s turn which was coming up soon.

    She looked grim as she stared at the monitor which was showcasing live the group that was performing currently. She was staring at one particular person on the screen, the person that she once loved, the smile and the face that once made her heart swoon and beat erratically every time now only brought her heartache and longing.

    Her members noticed her expressions whenever she looked at the monitor so they brought her away from the monitor and tried to cheer her up. It had been 3 weeks since they broke up but she was still reeling in the heartache no matter how much she thought about it she still couldn’t get over the younger girl. They had been forced to split up when both their companies YG Entertainment and JYP Entertainment found out about their relationship and threatened to pull them out from their respective groups. Nayeon knew that the both of them couldn’t do that especially when they had worked so hard to get this far.

      The countless sleepless nights they spent awake to practice for their showcase, the competitions they were forced to go through for the sake of standing on stage, sacrificing their childhood and school. Nayeon begged her not too but Nayeon knew that she had already made her choice and she wasn’t going to change it. After they had broken up, Nayeon had cried for a whole week in her members’ arms, only god knows how much she tried to stop her tears but it just flows out without stopping. She had masked her emotions at fan signs and schedules not wanting the public to know about her broken heart when in actuallity she was bawling her eyes out every night in her room. Nayeon had spent time stalking her on her group’s Instagram and last night a picture of the 5 of them posing in front of the Han River smiling was uploaded.

      Nayeon missed her very much but she knew that there was nothing that she could do. She was pulled out of her thoughts when she felt someone tap on her shoulder, she looked up and saw that it was her leader and best friend Jihyo who gave her a small smile and said “It’s our turn in 5 minutes BLACKPINK is already close to finishing their performance”. Nayeon nodded as she stood up and followed her members out of the waiting room and headed towards stage. She could feel her heart beating faster as she got closer to the stage knowing well that she would definitely past by her in the hallways. Nayeon was right because as soon as BLACKPINK left the stage, the 5 of them walked down the staircase and the two groups greeted each other.

      Nayeon on the other hand froze up the moment she made eye contact with her and it seems she had also frozen up at the sight of Nayeon. Their eye contact was broken when Jennie called out to the girl “Hana let’s go its freezing out here you’re going to get a cold”. Hana who finally broken out of her trance nodded as she followed her group members back to the waiting room leaving Nayeon to feel even worse as she got up on stage and hid her emotions as they begun to perform.

      Meanwhile Hana and her members had entered their waiting room as the staff members begun to place blankets around them to warm them up and fix their makeup but Hana’s makeup artist gasp which made everyone looked at the both of them wondering why she had gasped. Her makeup artist Jieun unnie as she called asked frantically “Hana why are you crying, are you okay”. Hana wiped her face and felt the droplets of water on her face, she was crying, she didn’t even notice she was crying. Jennie immediately went up to her and gave her a hug as she broke down crying as the staff and makeup artists look on, puzzled as they had no clue to why Hana had broken down crying. The other members could only look at their maknae bawling her eyes out as Jennie comforted her, they knew how exactly how hurt their maknae was and the reason behind her pain was none other than Im Nayeon.

       Ever since the two broke up, Hana had been hiding in her shared room with Jennie only coming out when they had schedules and hiding behind a smiling facade as she greeted their fans but her members knew better Hana was dying on the inside, all of them knew it was cruel of Yang sajangnim to make Hana choose between her dreams and her heart but they couldn’t object to it either so all they could do was watch helplessly as Hana bawled. After a while, Hana had finally stopped crying as she continued to cling onto Jennie who softly patted her on the back.

     She then broke the hug as she smiled at Jennie who patted Hana’s head getting up and headed back to her makeup artist to fix her makeup. Jieun had walked to Hana and said “Now that you are done, would you let me fix your makeup you look like a mess and you have to go back on stage again later and we don’t want anyone to shoot this do we”. Hana smiled and said softly “Sorry Jieun unnie you must have been shocked”. Her makeup artist chuckles and said “You bet I was” which made her smile. Hana had let her makeup artist do her job as she sat still and when they were done, they were required to head back to the stage for the closing of the music festival.

       As soon as they got back on stage, they saw a lot of other groups that had been invited to perform and as they walked past them, they bowed and greeted them. Hana is close to a lot of members from different groups so when she saw them she immediately greeted them excitedly as they played around on stage. She even waved to her fans who screamed when they saw her waving at them. She then walked as she joined her members who were already standing together. The fireworks show begun as her members screamed in shock which lead to Jennie hugging her and Rose and Lisa hugging each other and Jisoo who had no feeling just clapped along to the ending song.

       She laughed as she felt Jennie cowering in fear at the sound that the fireworks were producing when she saw Nayeon with her group members. Hana didn’t know why but she recalled the time when she heard Nayeon say she was afraid of the fireworks and when she looked over to the other side it was true Nayeon was holding onto Jihyo as the fireworks went on. Hana bit her lip and forced herself to look away as she tried to stop the incoming tears from falling. She was the one that was supposed to be comforting Nayeon right now and yet here they are standing as far as they could from each other. The festival soon ended as each group gradually exited the stage and headed back to their waiting room.

      When Hana’s group got back to their waiting room they changed back to their regular clothes before heading back to their van as their manager drove them back to their dorms. Rose and Lisa wished them a good night as they headed into their respective rooms along with Jisoo who also went to bed. Jennie on the other hand pulled Hana into their shared room and sat her down. “Now spill” Jennie said as Hana looked at her quizzically. “Spill what exactly Jennie unnie?” Hana asked Jennie who sighed and said “Your feelings, Hana I know you aren’t exactly calm yet”. Hana sighed as she wrapped her arms around Jennie who reciprocated it.

       Hana then said “I’m fine it’s just I haven’t seen her for 3 weeks and when I did all the emotions just rushed out all at once but I’m fine now don’t worry okay”. Jennie sighed as she nodded which made Hana pull out from the hug and said “Now let’s wipe off our makeup and head to bed shall we I’m pretty sure the other 3 are already halfway into dreamland”. Jennie chuckled as she headed to the bathroom along with Hana and cleared their makeup before heading to bed together. 2 hours later Hana woke up as she looked at the clock at her bedside that showed that it was 1 am in the morning. She looked to her side and saw Jennie sleeping soundly with Kuma at the foot of her bed so she slowly got out of bed hoping that she wouldn’t wake Jennie up.

      She then grabbed her coat, her black face mask, a thick woollen black scarf and a cap before she left the room. She saw that she was decently dress with pair of black sweatpants and a thick long sleeve shirt as she put on her coat, the black face mask, the scarf and the cap before taking a pair of keys and heading out of their dorms secretly. She walked out into the cold as she begun to walk aimlessly and before she knew it she was in the park close to Twice’s dorm.

        She looked around and finally noticed where she was as she scoffed and said to herself *How did I even walk so far Hana Kang you really are a piece of work out of every place to walk to*. She was about to walk away when she saw someone sitting at the bench. The figure of the person looked very similar to Nayeon so she walked closer to the person and as she got closer her eyes widened. She was right the person sitting at the bench was none other than Im Nayeon. She immediately turn away and was about to walk away when she heard Nayeon call out to her “Hana, is that you”. Hana froze for a split second when she heard her name she then turned around to face Nayeon.

      Nayeon walked closer to her and was about to take off her cap when Hana stopped her by gripping onto Nayeon’s hand. “Don’t, I’m not supposed to be here and I can’t let anyone see me” Hana said as Nayeon slowly lowered her hand. Hana then looked down not wanting to look Nayeon in the face when she heard Nayeon say “Please just look at me”. Nayeon sounded so broken when she said that making Hana look at Nayeon whose tears were already rolling down her face. Hana wiped Nayeon’s tears and placed her hands on Nayeon’s cheeks which were already red due to the extreme cold. Hana then took her hands away as she took off her scarf and wrapped it around Nayeon’s neck covering half of her face not wanting to take any risks just in case there was a reporter or paparazzi or even a fan close by.

She then took Nayeon’s hand and pulled her away from the open park to a more secluded place in the neighbourhood which was the rooftop of Nayeon’s dorms. She remembered all the times she used to sneak up here with Nayeon so Nayeon's members couldn't disturb them. As they reached the top, Hana was about to let Nayeon’s hand go when she felt Nayeon holding onto even tighter. “It’s been a while hasn’t it Nayeon unnie since we last seen each other, the last time was” Hana said. She was cut off by Nayeon who said “3 weeks ago when we broke up and the day I begged you to reconsider your decision”. “Trust me when I say that I never meant for any of this to happen but if we didn’t break up then our dreams of becoming world stars would have all gone down the drain and the years we spent training would have all gone to waste I couldn’t do that to you not after what happened during your survival show days and the hardship that we went through during our trainee days and to finally debut after all those gruelling years if we were pulled out now everything that we had dreamed off will be gone in a flash”.

     “Did you ever consider that maybe all I wanted was you” Nayeon said. Hana then turned towards Nayeon and stared at Nayeon in disbelief “So all of those years that you spent training and dreaming about standing on the stage and getting recognised for your talents, you are willing to throw that all away for us”. Nayeon looked away as Hana said sadly “I thought so”. Hana then pulled away from Nayeon as she walked close to the edge and stared at the dark skies. She then felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist as she felt the similar warmth envelop her body as Nayeon’s scent filled her nostrils.

     She turned around and hugged Nayeon pulling the older girl’s body closer to hers as they stayed in that position without letting go. Hana then broke the hug as she stared at Nayeon’s face, the big eyes, cute bunny teeth and her luscious lips. Hana then leaned down and kissed Nayeon moulding their lips together as they fit perfectly together. Nayeon responded to Hana’s kisses as the kiss slowly became even more heated and passionate, all the pain and desperation that they had to endure for the last 3 weeks all pouring out at the same time. They finally broke apart when they needed air. They leaned close to each other and connected their foreheads as they stared into each other’s eyes.

Hana then place a kiss on Nayeon’s forehead before whispering into Nayeon’s ear “I love you, I always will that’s why I need to let you go, goodbye Nayeon my love”. Hana then broke away from Nayeon and walked away when she heard Nayeon say “No please don’t go I beg of you Hana, please”. Hana just walked even faster without looking back in fear that when she turned and looked at Nayeon’s face she would retract back her words and never leave. Nayeon stared sorrowfully at Hana’s fleeting backside as she broke down in tears knowing that she was never going to see Hana anymore. Their love that she hoped still existed was finally lost.