結語 (epilogue)

give love its wings

Years passed on as the heart of Kyungsoo grew warmer and the life of Jongin’s drew to a close. Kyungsoo watched continuously over Jongin from afar; not being able to part with his first lover. It was a slow process but as he watched Jongin prosper and his family grow, his heart weaned slowly from his lifeline, or what he thought was there.

Separated by distance and time, Kyungsoo’s heart no longer yearned for Jongin and with Jongin, he continued to love Kyungsoo from a far, across the border and past the pain wrapped around them. Their story was coming to its final note, its slow and gradual close as one learned to love without its wings.

 

“And that’s it kids!” Jongin clapped his hands as he started to get up, his knees sore from sitting criss-cross on the floor. The small children whined around him, their cheeks puffed out and lips pulled into tiny pouts. A pull on his pant leg brought him back down on the floor as Kyungsoo smiled softly.

“Calm down, calm down. It’s said that the Guardian did find true love later on. You wanna know what happened next?” The kids eagerly nodded, their hair flopping and eyes dropping slightly.

Kyungsoo sighed. “I’ll tell you tomorrow okay? Now let’s go to bed, sleep is more important than a silly story.” The kids whined again, but the smile and soft whispers from Kyungsoo brought them to a peaceful state; their breathing steady as Jongin and Kyungsoo left the cabin. Jongin grasped Kyungsoo’s pale hand into his as they sat on the small deck facing the lake. The moon shone bright above them, its pale light reflecting onto the dark water,

“A silly story? That’s what you would call it?” Jongin said jokingly, his eyebrows raised in fake offense. Kyungsoo punched his arm gently before putting his head on Jongin’s shoulder.

“Well our love story isn’t common. It isn’t everyday that your camp counselor is hiding a pair of wings or that you even fell in love with me in the first place.” Kyungsoo smiled as he felt his wings coax out of their hiding place on his back. He pulled his shirt off, feeling Jongin’s eyes on him as his wings opened up slowly, their pale white feathers fluff up and flutter in the wind.

Jongin the back of Kyungsoo’s wings, the feathers tipped white with black swirls followed towards the shaft of each feather. “You said your father had white wings?”

 Kyungsoo nodded, the cold breeze calming him down. “And my mother had grey ones. They made such a beautiful pair together.” He smiled sadly, the memories of his parent’s still fresh in his mind. Jongin placed a kiss on Kyungsoo’s shoulder before resting his head in the crook of his pale shoulder.

“So do we my angel.” Jongin smiled down the expanse of water. “You gave me my heart again.” Kyungsoo nuzzled against Jongin’s brown hair before responding softly. “And you, my wings." 

 

==========================================================================================================

So that's it? I know I sort of died off the face of the planet but this year has been in the least bit,, eventful? Lots of personal/family/school issues and my mental health was at an ultimate low to the point where I just couldn't do anything at all. I'll make a post later next year about what has happened and what will come up. So in an attempt to get this finished,,, I sort of pulled the loose ends together and tied it up as best as I could. Love you all and thank you for reading! 

(Part of contest: Revuer Writing Contest