one night

fate

when jin and taehyung reached yoongi’s floor they were greeted by a beautiful woman.

she blinked at the bickering duo before stepping into the elevator.

“go back to the office, you hear me?” jin pointed.

taehyung looked at the woman and back at seokjin.

he pressed the button to go down to the first floor before nudging the woman slightly, causing jin to reach out to catch her.

taehyung used this opportunity to escape and get off the elevator.

“YAH!” jin yelled.

“bye!” taehyung waved cheekily as the elevator doors closed.

he dug his hands into his pockets and his heel into the familiar office space.

he strolled over to yoongi’s office, knowing he would find jimin there.

when he got there he noticed yoongi’s office door was open and jimin’s desk was empty.

he scrunched his eyebrows together in confusion and walked into the office.

jimin was facing yoongi, joking with him as she adjusted his tie.

she ran her hands over his suit, admiring him.

taehyung felt his insides starting to boil over.

he wasn’t...jealous...was he?

there was no reason for him to be!

jimin is just someone he was going to use after all, right?

“taehyung?” yoongi looked at him with a confused expression.

“hey hyung! hey jimin.”

jimin frowned at him before excusing herself from yoongi’s office.

“sit.” yoongi said, sitting in his own chair.

taehyung sat down comfortable before looking out of yoongi’s glass door, at jimin.

“did you come here to stare at my secretary through my door?” yoongi sighed.

“huh? no...no. i just felt pity for her that one day...”

“pity? taehyung if anyones pitiful these days its you. your engagement is falling through, lisna isn’t investing, and you’re going around following my secretary like a lost puppy.”

“it’s because i might be able to change at least one of those things if i keep up with her!”

“i dont see how following her is any help, if anything you’ll be getting a restraining order sooner rather than later.”

“i wont! i’ll get lisna to invest!”

yoongi scoffed at taehyung’s sudden and bold exclamation.

“lisna is less likely to invest if you and sooyoung break up and by the looks of it, that already happened.”

“how did...”

“we know everything tae, you know better.”

“well...i can fix things still...”

“can you? when you literally just drove half across the city to my office to waste time?”

taehyung frowned before standing up.

“it’ll all work out in due time, it was nice seeing you.”

“yeah, nice seeing the back of your head too.”

 

-

 

when taehyung reached the first floor lisna’s building seokjin was sitting in the lounging area before getting up to meet taehyung at the door.

“now just what the hell are you doing tae?”

instead of sounding angry, seokjin just sounded overwhelmed.

after what yoongi had said to him, taehyung realized he had got caught up in some childish idea that following jimin around like that would some how magically make his deal with lisna go thorough.

the one he needed for that was sooyoung, so that’s exactly the person he was going to see next.

“yoongi hyung is so mean.” he pouted.

jin just rolled his eyes.

“good, you need someone to scold you.”

“jimin scolds me all the time.”

“you’re just making excuses to bug her.”

“i’m not! jimin is cool...i like her.”

seokjin stood there a second before pulling taehyung outside.

“go to the office, as a matter of fact, just go literally anywhere else. lisna will know how often you come, you know they keep tabs on you.”

taehyung nodded before turning to leave.

was this really the last time he was going to see jimin?

 

-

 

after work jimin had decided to go straight home, despite her coworkers inviting her out.

she made her way out of the shower and wrapped herself in a large fluffy towel she had bought the day before. she wiped her hand over the mirror in the bathroom and stared at herself.

her short hair had started to grow out and she wondered if it was time for a trim and recoloring.

she had only recently turned blonde.

only a month or so before her big break up.

her roots didn’t bug her though, if anything it seemed to be pretty popular nowadays. in her case she was too lazy to get her hair redone anytime soon.

she picked at a pimple she had been dying to get rid of and sighed in satisfaction when she popped it.

after rubbing her skin with moisturizer here and there she thought it was time to get out.

she wasnt a fan of changing in a warm bathroom so she would just go change in her room.

on her way down the hallway she paused to hear a conversation going on downstairs.

“he went to see jimin today?”

it was jungkook.

“yeah, it’s like he’s infatuated with her, in a weird way.” jin sounded unsure.

“don’t you think it might be because he doesnt think he has anything else to do?”

“nah man...you know taehyung, his company is always first.”

“then why does he insist of following her like that?”

“i have no idea...and i don’t like it at all."

 

-

 

jimin sat silently in her room as she scrolled down her instagram feed.

yerin has just posted a picture of herself, her boyfriend, and her boyfriend’s dog.

she sighed as she double tapped the image and continued to scroll.

she suddenly got a text from jungkook.

 

  • hey jimin, i’m gonna go get some soju down the street wanna come?

 

she looked at the text for a little before she let her fingers skim over the letters she wanted to type in.

 

  • whats in it for me?

 

she got startled by how fast jungkook answered.

 

  • you get to walk with me
  • sounds like a lame prize
  • just come okay?
  • okay...

 

she shrugged before getting up to find some clothes to wear.

 

she still had jungkook's hoodie so she threw it on.

 

then she just put on some fluffy slippers.

 

as they walked down the street jungkook seemed a bit distracted.

 

"everything okay?"

 

jungkook looked and jimin and nodded.

 

"yeah, taehyung and sooyoung are in talks of getting back together so things are looking good." 

 

jimin nodded silently.

 

it was good they were getting back together, she had been feeling guilty that she'd cause them to break up in the first place.

 

"that's good then...sorry you had to do all that work.."

 

jungkook eyed jimin.

 

he had barely noticed she was wearing his sweater.

 

"hey, that's my sweater." he pointed.

 

"mine now."

jimin smiled and stuck her tongue out at him.

 

-

 

jungkook and jimin arrived home, five bottle of soju in a bag.

 

"wanna do somek or just straight soju?" jungkook asked, grabbing some glasses from the cupboard.

 

"hmm...soju."

 

"feeling bold?" he asked, setting the glasses on the table.

 

"it's more fun this way." she shrugged.

 

"then let's play a game." he suggested.

 

"hmm..okay, what game?"

 

jungkook took a second and decided the best way to get through so much alcohol was a good old game of 21 questions.

 

"okay, so, 21 questions, but if you don't answer you have to take two shots."

 

jimin seemed to take a second to decide if she wanted to play.

 

eventually she nodded in approval.

 

"okay, so, first, when's your birthday?" jungkook asked.

 

"um july 5th, 1997."

 

jungkook tilted his head, recalling jimin had previously said they were the same age.

 

if she was born in 1997 she was actually two years younger than her.

 

"oh? you're younger than me." he pointed.

 

jimin took a sip of soju and furrowed her brows.

 

"huh? but..."

 

"no, i'm born in 95."

 

"oh? then....you're..an oppa?" she chuckled.

 

"its weird...you don't call jin oppa so he'd get jealous." he laughed.

 

"got a point...okay, so, jungkook...do you have a girlfriend?"

 

"girlfriend? i don't." he shook his head.

 

"why?"

 

"it's one question at a time." he reminded.

 

"so, then, what happened with your ex boyfriend?"

 

"looking to make me cry?" she joked. "well, he cheated on me with his boss's daughter. i knew it too but...i didn't believe it. my suspicions came true when i told him i'd gone to work but really i had stayed home...and well, he brought her there, into my home,into my room...on our bed." 

 

jungkook pursed his lips and stared at jimin.

 

her eyes were dim, seemingly saddened by her memories.

 

he regretted having asked.

 

"well he's a piece of and doesn't deserve you." he frowned.

 

jimin laughed at how upset he was by her story.

 

"he doesn't, you're right." she nodded. "but, on the topic of relationships, have you ever been in one?"

 

"i have, really liked her a lot. she actually became my first client."

 

"oh? you had to defend her in court?"

 

"yeah. she had allegedly stolen a couple thousand dollars from taehyung's family." he sighed. "it was weird, i didn't know how she had even gotten that information to take the money in the first place. turns out she was ing with tae and got him hammered one night and she got what she wanted. i, of course, didn't know that. when push came to shove taehyung confessed and well i lost the case and the girl that was supposedly madly in love with me." he laughed but jimin know it wasn't genuine.

 

she couldn't even fathom how humiliating and hurtful it must've been.

 

"jungkook."

 

he snapped out of his thoughts and look at jimin.

 

"let's just drink." she grinned, filling his shot glass to the brim.

 

"yeah."

 

-

 

it was starting to become annoying, how often jimin was hung over.

 

she sat up, scrunching her face at the amount of sunlight invading her room, especially since it was coming for the sun's direct angle.

 

except, the sun didn't hit her window that way.

 

she blinked her eyes open and gasped.

 

she was in jungkook's room.

 

she was also, very much .

 

next to her laid jungkook, his torso completely exposed.

 

he was covered in bruises...or hickeys...

 

she clamped her hand over , taking in her situation.

 

whatever the case was, she needed to get to her room before jin woke up.

 

she scrambled around picking up her clothes.

 

jungkook moved around in his bed, groaning.

 

jimin quickly made her way to the door and suddenly heard the knob turning.

 

she silently screamed before hiding herself in jungkook's closet.

 

the door swung open and was followed by a booming voice.

 

"JEON JUNGKOOK!"

 

jungkook sat up almost immediately.

 

jin's eyes skimmed over him.

 

"oh , did you have a one night stand?" he asked, pointed at jungkook with his spatula.

 

jungkook looked down at himself, eyes growing wide.

 

"um."

 

"it's fine, you're so backed ip you were starting to become annoying." jin sighed. "anyway, i made breakfast so clear the table so we can eat, i'm gonna go wake jimin up-"

 

jungkook realized jimin was standing in the closet behind his door, begging with her eyes for him to stop seokjin.

 

"no!"

 

jin seemed confused by jungkook's sudden burst.

 

"um, i'll wake her up so, you can just finish cooking." he offered.

 

"well, good luck, she sleeps like a rock...i'll leave it to you then." he said with a shrug.

 

he then left, closing the door.

 

jimin exhaled, seemingly relieved.

 

"oh jungkook-" jin slammed the door open yet again.

 

jimin inhaled sharply again, holding her breath.

 

"yes?"

 

"don't tell jimin but...i think she might be a little backed up too...why dont you hook her up with one of your friends?" he asked.

 

jungkook frowned.

 

"i'm not gonna get jimin a booty call hyung."

 

"hey, i'm just saying. we would live with a much nicer jimin if you did." he shrugged, walking out of the room again.

 

this time his footsteps were heard walking down to the first floor.

 

jimin finally let herself out of his closet and stretched.

 

she had her fair share of bruises, on her legs and neck.

 

jimin stood there, a big white shirt covering her tiny body.

 

jungkook pulled some briefs on and walked over to her.

 

"jungkook i-"

 

he pressed his lips against jimin's own, it was a slow, soft kiss.

 

jimin's eyes fluttered closed.

 

when they pulled away jungkook cupped jimin's face in his warm hands.

 

"sorry i...couldnt help myself." he laughed.

 

"its...okay..." she mumbled.

 

she wanted to ask him what his intentions were.

 

was it really just a one night stand?

 

was he trying to become friends with benefits?

 

she decided not to think about it too much, instead leaving his room, saying she needed to get ready.

 

-

 

at work jimin was uncharacteristically out of it. yoongi took notice of this.

 

"please dont tell me taehyung is bothering you again." he sighed.

 

"huh? oh, no, mr.kim hasn't spoken to me." 

 

"hm? really?"

 

"yeah. he kind of poof! disappeared into nothingness." jimin explained.

 

"oh." he nodded.

 

he was confused though, taehyung has seemed so adamant about being around jimin.

 

he wondered if he had taken their talk that seriously or he was just thinking of other ways to bother jimin.

 

whatever the situation might've been. he had to keep an eye out.