remember

fate

jimin stared down at the sneakers on her feet and up at the large building in front of her.

she was back at work.

 lucky for her, her phone was safe.

however, her boss needed her to come back and fix some minor mistakes on a report she had submitted.

“I hope you’ll be faster the next time I call, jimin.” 

“yes sir.” she bowed.

“I’ll be leaving. Make sure you submit the form before 12.”

jimin glanced at the clock. 

11:00.

she had an hour to fix her report.

with a sad sigh she let herself fall into her chair.

“it’s gonna be a long night.” 

 

-

 

“hey...jimin.” jimin felt a poke at her temple.

she groaned at the feeling.

“let me sleep...” she mumbled.

“are you sure?”

jimin scrunched her eyebrows together before opening one of her eyes.

jimin found herself staring at her coworker.

“yerin?” she said suddenly sitting up.

“yeah, hi. did you sleep here?” she asked looking around the office.

jimin rubbed her head to sooth her growing headache before nodding slightly.

“i guess i did.”

“it’s a half day today, why don’t you just go home?” yerin asked, pushing back a strand of jimin’s hair behind her ear.

“yeah..i should.” 

 

-

 

jimin walked sluggishly down the busy streets of seoul. it was saturday so the overwhelming amount of people doing the walk of shame this early was not really a surprise.

jimin pulled at her uncomfortable bra and groaned.

she saw a small corner store happened to be opening.

she stood idly keeping herself busy on her phone.

once she saw it was open she shuffled her way over, dragging the large shoes she was wearing.

“goodmorning.” she greeted as she walked in.

she saw an isle full of vitamin waters and hang over solutions.

“jackpot.” she pointed.

when she reached for a glass of vitamin water she heard her phone ring in her pocket.

she groaned as she dug into it to get it.

it was an unknown number.

she shrugged and put her phone back in her pocket and it finally stopped ringing.

until it was again.

she heard the clerk smack their lips at the annoying ringtone.

jimin sighed and picked up the call.

“no i don’t want to buy any land-“

“how about a dog?”

“huh?” 

“our baby.” the voice snickered from the otherside of the line.

jimin took her phone from her ear to stare at it for a second before putting it back.

“who is this?” 

“it’s me! your savior!”

“god?”

“oh you flatter me.”

“seriously...if this is just someone trying to sell something to me. please, i dont have any money.” she sighed as she placed the items she wanted on the counter to pay.

“no money? is that why you were trying to get me to run you over yesterday?”

jimin scrunched her eyebrows together.

what the hell was this person going on about? she shook her head and finished paying, grabbing her grocery bagZ

“listen, i think you got scammed because i didn’t get in any kind of-“ just as she took her first sip of water, she spit it out.

“YOU-“

“so you remember?” the voice seemed to be teasing her.

“y...you’re the guy from last night? mask guy? tae??? taeyang?”

“hey now, you should at least remember the name of the man that bailed you out of jail.”

jimin pinched her nose bridge as she tried to piece her memories from the night before together.

“i’m very sorry...i really don’t remember.”

that was a lie.

she did remember.

she remembered almost everything. the first thing that came back was her kissing him.

HER! KISSING! HIM!

she didn’t even know the man for pete’s sake!

“that hurt my feelings a bit, actually.”

jimin pressed her lips together in a tight line as she continued a silent stroll down the street.

“thanks for the shoes.” she said softly.

“so you do remember???” 

jimin rolled her eyes.

“well i wasnt exactly tripping over or blacking out. just buzzed.”

“and in your feelings.”

jimin sighed and let her eyes wander over the people she passed by, there were couples everywhere. 

“look, i’m grateful for your help and the shoes even, but i seriously don’t feel like we need to keep talking. i was lucky you were there when you were and i’m sorry if i caused you any trouble, but right now i have my own stuff to deal with and-“

“and?”

“and! you keep cutting me off, let me finish what i’m saying.” 

“sorry geez, i just wanted to know when i could get my shoes.”

“maybe like later or something...”

“cool i’ll go to your place.”

“yeah okay.”

“alright then jimin.”

“alri- wait a minute. mY HOUSE? how did you even get my number in the first place? how do you know where i live?! are you stalking me?!” people that were walking passed her gave her weird looks and mumbled about her being crazy.

“um, i don’t know if you know this but lawyers usually keep papers with their client’s information. just so happens that your lawyer last night exclusively works for me.”

“but isnt this an invasion of my privacy?! anyway, don’t come to my house. i don’t live there anymore. if you would be so kind i do need the number of that lawyer-“

“no.” he said flatly

“no?” 

“nope.” he said lightly this time, teasing her.

“excuse me mr. tae-something, i’m hanging up. ive got better things to do that talk to you and have you mess with me all day. so goodbye.”

“wai-“

jimin glared at her phone before locking it and throwing it in her bag.

“what a piece of work, seriously.” she shook her head.

before she knew it she had stopped at her apartment complex.

she rustled her hair angrily before taking her first step up.

“jimin?” she looked over her shoulder and saw jaebum walking up behind her.

“hey.” she nodded.

“what are you doing here?” he asked.

“do you forget i lived her the last three years?” she rolled her eyes.

“oh right, your stuff.”

they awkwardly packed themselves in the elevator and got off on the third floor.

when they had first moved in the elevator didn’t actually work so they’d have to climb three stories worth of stairs.

jimin winced at the thought.

“you okay?”

“yeah.” she nodded.

“your hair...”

she noticed him trying to reach over to touch her and she backed away from him.

“stop.” she frowned.

“right...sorry.”

when they reached their floor jimin walked towards the door to unlock it.

“wait the-“

when she tried the passcode it didn't work, she tried it again to no avail. she was taken aback by this.

she turned around to look at jaebum.

“i literally left yesterday afternoon, because you brought your new ing girlfriend to OUR house, to tell me you didn’t want me anymore. I’ve paid my fair share of bills here too and you ing changed the passcode? Do you realized i have my personal belongings in there? Half of everything that’s in there belongs to me!”

she was turning red, she didn't even know it was from embarrassment or anger at this point. maybe both.

jaebum sighed and ran his fingers through his hair, something he did when he was stressed.

“i had to make sure you wouldnt be able to come and hurt ayeon.”

“am i a ing gangster jaebum? if i really wanted to hurt her i would've beat her the moment she walked through our door. you think i didn’t know about her? you think sns doesn't exist anymore? you’re ing out of your mind if thats what you think. open the door so i can get my .” 

when jaebum walked passed her to open the door she noticed that ayeon had just gotten out of the elevator, grocery bags in her hand.

she looked so well put together even though it was probably only nine in the morning now.

“good morning.” she said quietly.

“ayeon...jimin came to get her stuff.”

“oh! i packed it all already unnie.” she grinned.

“unnie?” jimin scoffed “you’d better quit playing stupid.” 

ayeon looked at her confused.

“arent you jaebum’s old roommate? he said that you’d started to have this weird crush on him so he had to ask you to move out...i mean i see why you’d like him, he’s perfect. still...to say you’ve dated...it’s a bit weird isnt it, especially when he’s never seen you like that. doesnt it hurt?”

jimin turned around to look at jaebum and he looked at her with pleading eyes.

jimin turned again to smile at ayeon.

“yeah, roommates. but we did date. for a very, very short time. so short it was insignificant.”

“then why cling to him unnie?” the girl asked.

“he was the one living off of me for two years. please learn some facts before you talk.” jimin finished.

jaebum let ayeon go inside first and noticed jimin was clenching her fists.

“jimin-“

she didn’t even listen to a second of it, she slapped the hell out of him.

“you ing . i knew you had cheated on me, but to play this poor stupid girl like that too? you really are out doing yourself jaebum.” she spat.

“try to understand i-“

“oh goodness.” a unfamiliar voice echoed in the hallway.

“violence is never the answer.” it continued.

jimin turned around to see the owner of the voice was none other than the mask guy.

“hey, why'd you wander off on me last night?” he asked as he leaned in really close to jimin’s face.

he then turned around to look at jaebum.

“the baby was crying all night, you wouldn't believe the headache.”

“what the hell is your problem?” jaebum started.

“i don’t have one. i just came to get my wife and her stuff so, let’s go in shall we?” he grinned as he swung the apartment door open.

“ooh.” he nodded looking around.

“this place looks like my bathroom.” 

jimin tried not to laugh at the stupid comment.

“so, where’s your stuff?” he asked.

“there’s two rooms but only one has stuff.” jimin explained.

“so you were ing too?” he asked.

ayeon spit her water out at the sudden comment.

“careful, you’ll scare your baby.” he teased.

ayeon stared at him with wide eyes.

in fact, everyone was shocked, including jaebum.

“it was a joke everyone, loosen up. if you want maybe you guys can babysit our baby sometime though.” he laughed.

“a baby? do you really?” ayeon asked.

“of course. he’s only a few months old now though.” he said slowly.

“months?!” jaebum starred at jimin.

she had been acting strange the past year or so, gaining weight and not wanting to be touched or seen...but...being pregnant? was she really?

“how could you stand living away from him.” she frowned at jimin.

“i know, especially when i have to work and take care of him you big meanie.”

“do you have a picture?” jaebum interjected.

“uh-“

“yes, see, my lock screen.” 

jaebum stared at the picture in disbelief.

the baby he was staring at was actually taehyung’s nephew.

“well, we’ll leave you guys to your stuff. jimin, mark what’s yours with some kind of mark and i’ll have someone pick it up for you. you can't do all this moving out by yourself.”

“no. i want to take all my stuff, at least what i can.”

“hmm...then let’s just take what fits in my car.”

jimin nodded as she looked around.

 in the house, there use to be pictures of her and jaebum hung up, there were still some but they were so platonic they must really have looked like roommates to ayeon.

“well, you got a box i can carry them in then?” he asked.

“yeah.”

she prompted for him to follow her.

when they got to an area far enough from jaebum and ayeon she turned around to stare at the man.

“taehyung, right?”

“oooh, did my face remind you of my name?” he asked as he leaned down closer to her face.

“let’s just say i remembered it, okay?” she started.

“why the hell are you here?” she scrunched her eyebrows together.

“didn’t i tell you i’d come for my shoes?” 

he looked down to them.

“from the looks of it, you haven't taken them off yet which means you didn’t even come home. didn’t i tell you to be safe?” he huffed.

jimin was suddenly flabbergasted.

he was being all weird and pouty because she wasn't ‘safe’?

“okay, i’m confused. did you come here to get your shoes or into my life?” 

“hmm...a little of both?” he grinned.

“well, since you’re here...i’ll let it slide this time. but remember! we aren’t close...we don’t even know each other.”

she said as she opened the door to her old room.

the bed was a mess and all her stuff had basically vanished into thin air.

“it’s this box.” a voice rang.

jimin turned around to see a box stuffed to the brim with stuff she huffed and went to pick it up.

“woah there, you trying to throw out your back? you’ll need that later.” taehyung winked. “let me.”

jimin noticed ayeon’s mouth drop open. and held in a chuckle. the guy was funny at least.

 

 

 

on his way towards the front door taehyung found himself being stopped by jaebum.

“can i help you?” he offered, adjusting the way he was holding the box.

“what’s your deal? that isn’t really your kid is it? jimin wouldn’t have married you, she wouldn’t keep something like that from me-“

“ah! my deal is...i hate s like you and that is my kid, he’s our kid, if you want more proof you're welcome to come to our house any time you want! now, if you’ll excuse me.” he said as he shoved jaebum to the side.

jaebum clenched his jaw and grabbed at taehyung’s shoulder.

taehyung turned his head slightly to look at jaebum.

“hey!” jimin yelled as she walked over.

she pulled jaebum by the arm.

“what are you doing? why are you touching him like that?” she scolded, fixing taehyung’s shirt.

she then turned to jaebum, waiting for an explanation. 

“he said something that pissed me off.” 

“you’re always pissed, stop harassing him.”

“harassing? jimin, he came to our house-“

“he’s helping me move out, and its none of your business at this point, just let us get my stuff and we’ll be on our way.” jimin sighed.

at this point she’d had the longest two days in her life happen at an excruciating slow pace and she was ready to fall asleep on a concrete floor if she had to.

she had gotten into a fight with a random guy and his girlfriend in a busy street ending up with her getting arrested now said guy was following her around basically protecting her and being all weird, if it was up to her she would just run away from all this, except, she had no where to go.

Jimin and Taehyung continued to move her things down to his car until there was nothing left in the house that could say she had ever even lived there.

jimin didnt even bother saying goodbye to jaebum or his girlfriend.

“you actually got into the car you almost dented.” taehyung started.

jimin turned to look at him and slumped in her seat.

“so you are really gonna scold me arent you? or ask me for ransom?”

“no-“

“well youve got another thin- did you just...say no?”

“yeah.” he nodded slowly.

jimin sat up quickly.

“then...what...why are you doing this?” 

“doing what?”

“helping me?”

“hmm...so you’ll be even more indebted to me?” he said with a pure grin.

jimin glared at him.

“you’re a loan shark aren’t you?”

“yah..” he said as he gave her a quick glance.

“i’m just a nice guy...”

“you’re awfully nice and way too nosy for your own good, and by the looks of it.” she said tapping on the car. “you’ve got money, or at least, someone in your family does.” she concluded with a nod.

“how perceptive of you. you’re right about the money. it’s mine though.”

“oh is it?” she scoffed. “then i’m a ceo.” she chuckled.

“then we have the same job.” he added.

“you should stop joking while i’m giving you the chance.” she said poking his arm.

he turned to look at her and she withdrew her hand.

“you’re getting awfully friendly for someone younger than me.” he teased.

“how do you know you’re older? personality wise i’d say im years ahead of you.” 

“oh are you now, ms. intoxicated-in-public?”

“considering the situation we met in...talking this is okay...isn't it?...sir.”

he twisted his face at her comment.

“don’t call me sir that’s weird.” he chuckled.

“then isn't just taehyung fine?” she groaned.

“try oppa.” he grinned.

“ew, no.” 

“you wont even try for someone who hAS SAVED YOU-“

“taehyung oppa.” she huffed.

“oooh i like it.” he nodded in approval.

“well i don’t. so it’s either sir or mr.taehyung if it bothers you so much.” 

“fine, taehyung it is.” 

jimin chuckled at how easy he was to over power.

she noticed her had pulled into some kind of parking.

“where are we?” she asked as he parked the car.

“um, my office.” 

“you really work at an office?”

“it’s my office, kid.”

jimin give him a weird look before nodding

“yeah, yeah whatever you say.”

 

 

jimin followed taehyung into an elevator that took them to the seventh floor.

when they stepped out she noticed a familiar face.

“jungkook.”

“yes?” the guy with circular glasses walked towards the two only giving jimin a small grin.

“you’re the lawyer.” jimin pointed with a gasp.

“are you that shocked?” taehyung asked.

“no he just...way better looking than i remember.” she said with a nod.

“yah!” taehyung groaned.

jungkook was blushing at how straight forward jimin was being.

“you’re really my type mr lawyer please let me-“

“jungkook, my dad called for you.” taehyung interrupted.

“he did?”

“yeah go to his office.” 

“right...by miss.” he said before running into the elevator before it closed.

jimin stared at him until the elevator closed. when she looked back at taehyung she found he was glaring at her.

“what?” she asked as she patted her face.

“do i look weird?”

“yeah, super.” he said as he ruffled her hair like crazy.

“you lunatic!”