friends?

fate

“ugh..” jimin groaned as she leaned back into her chair.

“you can say that again.” jungkook mumbled.

“you’re both weak and natural selection is coming for you.” seokjin pointed.

“hyung, you literally ate so much i could-“ jungkook paused to gag.

“ew don’t do that i’ll-“ jimin gagged.

“STOP, you’re both grossing me out. if you couldn’t eat anymore you should’ve stopped, but nooooo you two dummies challenged me to a food eating contest out of no where and look at you now!” he scolded.

“he’s not human man.” 

“he must have some kind of monster living in there...” jungkook added.

“YAH! are you guys even listening to a word i say? jimin, i expect it, but jungkook? how dare you hurt my feelings.” jin sniffled.

“oh c’mon hyung we’re messing with you.”

jin only gave him a short glare before smiling.

“i know, you little punk.”

“ooooh! jin, do you have any beer?” jimin asked excitedly.

“mmm...i think i have like one, did you want it?” he asked, starting to get up.

“no,no. it’s no fun if only i drink. i’ll go to the corner market and get some more.”

“do you even know where it is?” jungkook asked.

“no, but now that you’ve brought it up you can go with me.” she grinned.

“why? i barely know you, what if you kidnap me?”

“no one wants to kidnap you jungkook, you’re annoying.” seokjin interjected.

“ouch...” jimin chuckled.

jungkook narrowed his eyes before turning back to look at jimin.

“i don’t have to listen to you.”

“yes you do.”

“why?”

“because i’m older than you.”

“you are?” he was a bit dumb founded.

“by a few months.” she explained

“how do you even know?”

“its on the fridge.” she pointed at a small white board that said

“Jk’s Birthday on theeeee idk the day but september!!!”

jungkook looked at jin and glared slightly.

“how do you not remember my birthday?”

“i bet you don’t remember mine.”

“i do it’s the...”

“don’t hurt yourself dude.” seokjin shook his head.

“hey! how’d you flip this on me?” jungkook sounded offended.

“oh please, it’s not that deep, just come to the corner market with me, hm?” jimin blinked cutely at him.

“do you have something in your eyes?” 

“no! i’m being cute.”

“don’t do that...it scared me.” he said putting his hand over his heart.

jimin smacked her lips at him.

“if we aren’t drinking i might as well go to sleep.” seokjin started.

“nooooo! jungkook c’mon stop being lazy come with me.”

“ah, alright already.”

 

-

 

jimin strolled happily down the unfamiliar street.

“isn’t it nice to walk down hill like this?” she asked raising her hands up to the sky, stretching.

“i guess...the walk back up isn’t though.” jungkook chuckled, remembering a time seokjin was so drunk he fell face first walking up this specific street.

“what’s funny?” jimin asked.

“nothing.”

“hmm...we’re the same age you know, we should be friends.”

jungkook looked slightly to his left to see jimin looking at him with sparkling eyes.

she was...really pretty....

“just because we’re the same age doesn’t mean we should be friends.” he said, clearing his throat.

“okay...then let’s be friends cause we’re gonna be living together, then.”

“we don’t have to be friends just because-“

“okay jeez...let’s just be bitter enemies that hate eachother then.”

“we don’t have to-“

“yah, jungkook. zip it will you? you’re awful at talking so just don’t.”

jungkook pressed his lips together but a grin tugged at his lips before he burst out laughing.

jimin frowned at him smacking his left shoulder.

“ow.” he frowned back.

“hmph.” jimin said as she stuck her nose in the air.

luckily for her, the corner store was straight ahead so she didn’t need to cling to jungkook any longer.

“brat.” jungkook mumbled.

inside the store jimin began squinting as she tried to read the price tags under the beers.

“why aren’t you wearing glasses or something?” jungkook asked as he snuck up behind her.

jimin was startled by him suddenly standing behind her so she smacked him again, this time on his chest.

“ow! what’s with you hitting me?”

“what’s with you scaring me?” she said, crossing her arms over her chest.

“scaredy cat.” he glared.

jimin rolled her eyes.

“actually, why aren’t you wearing glasses? don’t you wear some?” she had recalled she’d only seen him with glasses before today.

“oh, well, i don’t really need them. unless i’m like working on a lot of paper work but i prefer to wear them at work.” he shrugged.

“is it like a disguise?”

“a pair of reading glasses?”

“well...you also have your hair like this.” she said throwing her hair over her eyes.

“i know, i usually go with my hair nice and parted but, these days have been messy thanks to my boss.”

“oh...” she nodded.

once they got a good amount of beer and snacks the pair made their way back home where jin was waiting for them.

 

-

 

“ugh...” jimin groaned as she sat up from...where was she actually?

she turned her head left and right frantically before feeling a horrible headache come down on her.

“god...what the hell?” 

she looked around again, slowly this time.

she was in the guest room she was staying at.

“oh.” she grinned in relief.

“what time is it?”

jimin squealed at the sudden voice erupting from next to her.

“shhhhhhh.” a finger landed on her lips.

“be quiet, you’ll wake up hyung, if you wake him up like this we wont hear the end of it.”

“why are you in here?!” she whisper yelled.

“you knocked out clinging to my arm. i couldn’t get out you had me in a dead lock.” he groaned as he moved his arm around.

“did i?” she felt relieved again for a second.

“how can i trust you?” she glared.

“you literally sneezed on my face yesterday and burped like crazy, you’re definitely not a girl in my eyes at all.” he said as he twisted his face recalling what had happened the night before.

“...sorry.”

“it didn’t help that jin hyung is a super light weight either and-“

a phone started ringing.

jungkook dug into his pocket and pulled his phone out.

“hello? yes...no i don’t know...okay...yeah i’ll be there...okay...goodbye.”

having hung up, jungkook let out a deep sigh.

“work?”

“like always...don’t you work today?”

“no..today and yesterday are my days off.”

“i see...well, i’m gonna go get hyung up, can’t have him run late or taehyung is gonna kill us both.”

“ah, right.”

“ive been meaning to ask, are you close with him or something? or a fling he had?”

jimin rolled her eyes at the question.

“no, i don’t know him at all. he stalked me all thanks to you mr. lawyer.”

“what do you mean?” 

“he said he got my address from you?”

“that guy really...”

jungkook got up from the bed and headed towards the door.

jimin watched the way he lazily did so and chuckled to herself.

“what?” he said as he grabbed the door nob.

“nothing, have a good day at work.”

“yeah.” he grinned.

 

-

 

“UGH.” taehyung groaned.

“what now?” jungkook asked, sitting down in front of him. 

“my mom wants me to chase after sooyoung, it’s not my fault she ran away after that incident with jimin.” he complained.

“ah, jimin.” he nodded.

“she suddenly left yesterday and guess what?!”

“lower your voice...your employees already think you’re crazy enough.”

“...right. well, apparently she works for a Lisna company!” he said, throwing his arms in the air.

“Lisna?”

“Yes! you know, the one that was an online mall and has grown, branched out as a joint stock project, they have a crazy amount of money.”

“Of course I know, your father is an investor there.”

“aside from my dad, whom, may i remind you, doesn’t try to help me-“

“he did tell you he wouldn’t the moment you ventured to make this app.”

“jeez jungkook who’s side are you on?”

“money.”

“what kind of friend-“

“i’m just your lawyer at work. in fact, i have other clients too but you pay the best and you’re always in trouble so it helps to stick around like this.” he explained.

“you’re an at work.” taehyung scowled.

“i try.” smirked.

“ugh, what’s with the atmosphere in here.” jin coughs as he walks into taehyung’s office.

“theres a negative evil spirit in here.” taehyung nods at jungkook.

“is there?” jin says as he looks around.

“no, it’s just me.”

“oh hey jungkook.”

“hi.” he waved shortly

“jin...JIN.”

“yes?” jin looks at taehyung.

“YOU, jIMIn.” he said, getting up from his chair.

“Jimin?”

“THAT GIRL?” taehyung points at him before looking back at jungkook, then back at jin.

jungkook slightly shakes his head at jin.

“a girl? the only jimin i know is a guy.” he says looking up, as if he was thinking.

“are you sure? damn...” he said, falling back into his chair.

both jungkook and jin were lucky taehyung didn’t catch onto things when it mattered.

jin’s phone vibrated, he pressed the button on his blutooth.

“hello?”

“hyung.”

“oooh...speak of the devil and he will apearrrrrr.” he said with a ‘spooky’ tone.

“what?” 

“jimin, i was just talking about you with some people from work.”

“you were?”

“hi hyungggg.” jungkook .

“oh, jungkookie.” 

“yeah, he works with me more often than not.”

“yeah our boss is a mess.” jungkook adds.

“i thought you were all professional, jungkook.” taehyung scoffed.

“i’m messing with you.” he grinned.

seokjin left the office to continue his call.

“hey taehyung, why’d you say you were married to that girl? you know your parents read through everything you get yourself into right?” 

“it was just, i felt bad for her.” he shrugged.

“so you’ll get yelled at for her sake?”

“it doesn’t really matter, she got me out of that uncomfortable spot with sooyoung so, it’s the least i could do.”

“you hate sooyoung that much?”

“no, she’s beautiful and nice, but its only because she likes money that she’s nice to me.” he sighed.

“well you have a lot of it so she’ll be nice for a long time.”

“of course you’d think that, you soulless .”

“man, that hurt.” jungkook said, pretending to be hurt.

there was a slight knock on taehyung’s door.

“who is it?” 

“i-it’s me.”

“oh, come in.”

a small secretary made her way into the office holding a large folder.

“it’s your schedule for today, you have a dinner with your parents tonight as well.” she informed.

“...did you schedule this dinner?” he sighed.

“n-no it was there when i checked your schedule i thought you had added it in.”

taehyung clenched his fist.

“right, well, thank you.” he said blandly.

the girl scurried out of the office quickly.

“don’t fire her man, she just got here she doesn’t know any better.”

“she should.” he said throwing the folder into the trash.

 

-