hard feelings / loveless - wenrene

melodrama: an anthology
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

it’s over, isn’t it?

when had she realized it?

was it when joohyun stopped kissing her? 

because that’s when seungwan started feeling it, you know– the loss of love, the kind that bites and tears at your heart until it’s no longer entirely all there. and, really, it’s numbing almost, how joohyun avoids her gazes and her kisses. 

what were once lingering touches turn into fleeting ones– seungwan doesn’t know when she started melting into the tiny things, like joohyun’s hand on the small of her back while they sit around the dinner table in complete silence. and maybe it’s pathetic (seungwan knows it is), but she clings onto them with every piece of her broken heart. because, well, it can’t be over like this, right?

four years.

four years, ending like… like this? ending with empty promises and barely-there touches? maybe it’s naive, but seungwan doesn’t want to believe that so easily. it had been real. at least for a while. 

so she’ll keep relishing in how joohyun only looks into her eyes once a week. 

(there’s no love there. seungwan doesn’t mind.) 

she can only hope that joohyun will be gentle when she decides to shatter her heart one last time.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter