Chapter 14

Stained Wings

Somehow after what seemed to be months of searching, Calissa and Minhyuk had finally found evidence of Minhyuks parents. In the woods of the East, there were signs of Angel prints and deserted homes.

Do you think that well actually find them? Chances are high that they might have died, Minhyuk said frankly.

Calissa frowned then looked at him with sympathy in her eyes, I think we will. They were both highly trained, I dont believe that they would be unable to fend for themselves in exile.

Minhyuk nodded in agreement but said nothing in response. Calissa moved closer to him and put her arms around him. He turned his head and buried his face into her neck.

Yet again they travelled far and went Westward; it grew hot and cold to the point each extreme was unbearable. Calissa collapsed first with Minhyuk braving an extra day in hopes of finding another living being to help them.

The next time Minhyuk awakened, he was on a soft bed in a brightly-lit room and the window betrayed a dearly-loved garden. A moment later and his eyes began searching for Calissa. Where was she? Where was he? Who had helped him?

He got up from the bed and began to search for his saviour.

Ah! You are awake, dear child, a soft voice said from the corner as he entered what looked to be a sitting room.

Minhyuk walked slowly, assessing the danger that the owner of the voice possessed. The she-Angel gave a small chime of a laugh, You are safe here. We mean you no harm.

As she said these words, a man of Hunter-like build walked in from another door. You are welcome here, he said with his palms open in a show of being non-threatening.

Like lightning the realisation of who these two beings were in relation to himself left him shocked. After searching between what felt like life and death, they were here, happy in a place that they had carved for themselves. A spark of understanding seemed to pass on through to the three beings present.

The she-Angels voice shook as she said, Minhyuk? as she searched the face of the son that she had never seen. The former Hunter and his son both had hidden their reactions behind masks of indifference as each looked for meaning behind this pivotal second.

Silence reigned before anxiety seemed to grip the would-have-been parents.

The price for our lives was leaving you behind. Please believe I never wanted to leave you but I couldnt bear the thought of them killing your mother. She was the best thing that ever happened to me, Dong Wook explained desperately hoping that the son he never raised would understand him.

"I thought it was better to give you up. My wings were always stained... stained with blood," Pandora said rather detached.

Minhyuk stared at the Angel that he would have called mother growing up had things been different. Though he didnt want to he understood the pain behind her words, he understood the feelings of unworthiness that seeped into her thoughts.

 Calissa arrived a little while later with a curious expression seeming to have understood the relationship of those in the room with a simple glance. Introductions were made while silent worries became visible with no one bringing them up.

Just as they began to talk of the little things that made up each of their lives. A boom sounded. The colour, from all present except for Calissas face, drained as they heard it again and then one last time.

Pandora got up and said, They are coming.