When I lost faith.

Unfaithful.

Unfaithful.

I should've known, from the beginning I knew it could end like this. The way she talked about... Her. A woman I harbor intense feelings of anger and jealousy, a woman I've never met. I've always considered myself to be mature and rational, and maybe a little too emotional. Her, Hirai Momo, I hated hearing that name. Part of me grew bitter, I knew too much about that woman and how much Mina loved her and missed her. There's no maturity or rationality to explain hearing the woman I love recap that undying and intense love she lived, there are however, too many emotions. I heard about how they met in Japan, they working at the same bookstore. They shared the same feelings of love for each other. Periods of time when the store was least busy they would both write letters, they would say it was for a family member. Truthfully they where for each other. It sounds like I'm taking it out of a cheesy anime no? This, all of this is too ridiculous to make up.
 

I wish I was making it up, the hurt of knowing you will never be enough for the person you love because that "enough" is someone else, to know that they'll never love you like you love them is so painful. I loved her with all my heart, I love her with all my heart. Even when she hurt me over and over again. That devil. Every time I was at my limit and tried to end things she would rope me back in. I don't know what it was about her and I, we were so similar yet different enough. We would have cute couple moments and she would smile, that gummy smile that melts my heart every single time, and with a laugh say "we are the perfect couple aren't we?" I laid on the bed and agreed. I laid on that same bed we had made love so many times, the bed we shared almost every night. The bed you were in with... Her. 

 

! She wanted to get caught, she wanted me to see them. Such a ty move Mina,  just your style. You never wanted to talk about us, about our problems, you just gave me that stupid gummy smile that makes my heart stop and told me to drop it accompanied by a kiss. Everything built up, and for her this was her way to blow up, to hurt me. I tried so hard to see a perfect Mina, she wasn't hurting me, her jokes are just harsh... right? Embarrassing me in front of your and my friends isn't a big deal, you just wanted to be funny. So I'm over reacting. I know it's all bull, I'm no idiot. Mina was awful to me, controlling, and toxic. How did I manage to bear with it for so long? I knew I wasn't happy... Maybe I started cheating on Mina too...

 

My mind was a blur, tears rolling down my cheeks, yet somehow my body drove me to an all too familiar place. Before I knew it I was standing in front of her door crying, her tall figure enveloped me in her arms, her chest hushed my sobs. I had come to find the comfort and warmth Mina lacked in Tzuyu again. I never told Tzuyu that I had begun to fall in love with her, that when we are together Mina and my worries are the last thing in my mind. And yet again, in the comfort of her arms I feel like I'm going to be ok.

 

"She cheated" 

I managed to choke out between the crying, Tzuyu just held me harder. I felt safe. She took me inside and we sat on her couch, Tzuyu handed me some tissues and held my hand.

 

"Chaeng" Tzuyu's voice sent a warmth through my body, it was soft and loving. Unlike Mina, who was more cold and distant. "Take a breath, take your time, I'm here for you."

There for me. Tzuyu was always there for me, every time Mina made me cry Tzuyu was ready to hug me and listen. Tzuyu would never make fun of my insecurities, Tzuyu would teach me to love what I'm insecure about. How could I not fall in love with her. Yet I had given my heart to Mina and was always loyal to her, she was my first love, this hurts like hell. My heart is broken, but in Tzuyu's embrace I had faith it would heal.

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Sorry, I feel like this is mostly a ramble of words. I cried while writing so I hope it's at least a bit enjoyable. Some of this is based on my own experience so there's a lot of raw emotion, raw emotion that Chaeyoung also feels after seeing Mina with Momo. 

Please let me know what you think, this is a first for me, doing something aside from fluffy. And check out my other Michaeng fanfics if you want something cute and happy after this haha.

 

Chaeckmate🐻