Installation

Skit 01

 

 

— Beep beep —

 

The sound of my uncomfortable alarm woke me up and let’s not mention the annoying cars passing by. I sometimes question my choice of moving here but then again i was quite a special child.

 

The sound of the door bell finally made me rise from my bed however i didn’t forget to slam my hand against the alarm clock.

 

Stumbling my feet against the papers on the floor and some food packaging i try to make my way to the door. After I finally reach to the door i can tell my room needs a cleaning but who has time for that?

 

“Hello Mr.Byun, we have a package for you” The mail man spoke rising up the box in his hand.

 

It must be the new notebooks I ordered I thought taking the box and signing the yellow sheet he gave me.

 

“Thank you” He said and took the yellow sheet back. 

 

After closing the door i walked to the table in my living room which wasn’t even that far from my front door. My apartment wasn’t that big but I didn’t need a big space because i was probably going to live alone for a long time if not till the day i take my last breath.

 

I went to my room to get my blade cutter specifically to open boxes. I search everywhere for it and I couldn’t find it. I kept looking but nothing. How could i lose it? 

 

I walk out my room and to the kitchen and to my surprise i find my blade cutter next to a box of instant noodles. This must have been where i last use it.

 

Taking it and walking back to the living room. I take a sit on my black couch which was the first thing i got after i started working. I couldn’t afford a bed yet so a couch was my first and only option. 

 

Sliding the blade across the top of the box. The protective bubble wrap came out quickly meaning it wasn’t my notebooks but my new drawing pad. I took the huge amount of wrapping bubbles out and unwrapping it from my item. 

 

I slowly started to see the grey item as I continued unwrapping. 

 

“There you are beautiful” I whisper as i threw the remaining bubble wrap away.

 

I took the pad and the cables and place them on my living room table and went to my room to get my laptop and once again stumbling as i try to get to my room.

 

Placing the laptop on the table i turned my computer on and started to take the cables out the bags so i could install the new pad.

 

My computer finally turns on showing my desktop photo which is an old ancient art. I type in my password quickly so i can install the pad. When my computer finally unlocks i can see the many emails i have received from my boss start showing. I’ll just check those after i am done, it’s Sunday so why check them now.

 

I connect the cables to my computer and to the pad as i follow the instructions on the paper. I spend around 30 minutes installing it because it was rejecting it but then I realized i was clicking the wrong option which was for desktops and not laptops. 

 

As i finish installing my laptop it’s already around 11:30 so I decided to go out and get some lunch but before that i must shower because I didn’t shower yesterday.  Don’t judge me but i had fo finish some banners for this company which wanted everything to be perfect and sadly i was the one picked for the job.

 

After showering i dress music in some blue jeans and button-up shirt. I pick some trash up and throw them into the trash bag which i then take out to the back of my apartment building to throw away. 

 

I couldn’t decided what to eat, i mean my options were quite not that many. I had spent my last check on this new pad i just got so i have only little money left. And i get pay based on the amount of work i do not the time or hours so my amount wasn’t really secure.

 

Taking out my wallet i see i have 10,000₩ with me so probably some instant noodles and other convenience store food was the only option.