FInal

Hearing Double
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The first time Renjun heard their voices he screamed. He was young. Younger than normal, but he didn't care. He had heard about people hearing their soulmates early. What scared him was that he heard two voices, not one. It didn't take long before he was over it though. Having two soulmates must be more fun than one.

He was with a couple of friends in the park when the voices first came. They were yelling just like him. They were both young just like him. It made him happy knowing his soulmates were happy just like him. He never imagined he would have male soulmates, nor two of them, but it made him happy. He didn’t tell his parents for a while. It took him two days to tell them his soulmates had started talking. He knew he was young. He knew he wasn’t supposed to hear them yet. He was only four.

Later in his life he guessed he heard them early so he would be able to learn more Korean, but he will never know. Not that he cared anymore. He was happy with his soulmates anyway. Even though he hadn’t met them yet he knew he liked them. He loved how one was loud and the other was quiet. How one was constantly eating and how the other often forgot.

When he did tell his mom about the voices she sent him to the doctor immediately. Not because he was young, but because he heard two people. He didn’t care though as he told the doctor everything. He was four, but he knew soulmates were meant to be.

«Soulmates are normal. Two not so, but there are people with two. Your son will be okay Mrs. Huang.» His mum let out a sigh as the doctor spoke. Not a negative one, but a positive one. She was happy her son was okay. After that doctor visit he lived life as normal, only learning more Korean. Leaving China when he was older.

 

Now 16 moving to South Korea for school he was ready to search for them. It was weird hearing thoughts in a foreign language, but he was lucky. He lived in a Korean part of China. Already knowing some Korean.

The weather was hot. Too hot. He could hear one of his soulmates complaining about the heat, while the other was thinking about ice cream. Renjun smiled to himself. He wondered if they knew he was closer to them. He wasn't even sure if they could hear him.

His dad had talked to one of his friends to pick him up. Renjun didn't think he needed help, but when Mr. Na walked up to him at the airport he felt safer. The airport was bigger than the one back home. There was too many people.

"Hello Renjun." Mr. Na was beautiful. His smile magnificent. He looked safe and warm. Like Renjun had known him his entire life.

"Hello Mr. Na." Renjun had never been a good speaker. He was normally quiet, especially when speaking with strangers.

"Well you're staying at my place for a couple of days, then your apartment will be ready." He smiled up at Mr. Na. He was thankful for being able to stay at his place, but he was also nervous. What if Mr. Na was single? What if his wife was mean? What if he had kids? All types of questions flew through Renjun's mind.

"Thank you Mr. Na." Mr. Na only waved his hand towards the exit. Picking up one of Renjun's bags. Renjun knew it was heavy, but Mr. Na didn't show any reaction. They didn't speak until they had started to drive away. Mr. Na was really interested in why Renjun was there.

"So Renjun. Why are you here?" Renjun smiled at him again. Not ashamed by the answer, but knowing he might have to explain.

"I'm looking for my soulmates." Mr. Na's face was confused at first then he shook his head. Smiling warmly at Renjun.

"It's soulmate, Renjun. I'm sure your Korean will get better as you stay here." Renjun laughed at this. It was the first-time people corrected him instead of asking questions.

"No Mr. Na. I have two soulmates." Again Mr. Na looked confused. He quickly smiled down at Renjun again.

"How nice. My son, Jaemin, has two soulmates too. He doesn't talk much about them though. Maybe you can talk to him about it in the future." Renjun's mouth fell open. There was more people like him. Who had two soulmates. He wondered how much fun Jaemin had with his soulmates. How often Renjun would meet them.

The ride to Mr. Na's felt short, but Renjun wasn't sure. He only imagined meeting his soulmates in different situations. Sometimes he was in a cafe meeting only one first, then later the other. Every time he met both he smiled. Hoping it will become true in the future.

"Come on in Renjun." Renjun decided he would never walk with Mr. Na again. He didn't want to take the elevator and decided that walking up all the stairs to his apartment was smart. It wouldn't have been that bad if they weren't carrying a load of bags.

"Thank you Mr. Na." All the sudden the voices in his mind became loud. One of them was yelling. Freaking out. Something about his dad being home with a stranger and looking like shi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter