Mellifluous

Perfidious
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 2: Your voice is my favourite sound.

“Min Yoongi, what took you so long to deliver those pizzas?” Jin hollered from the kitchen realizing his arrival from the back entrance.

The grumpy man snickered in dissatisfaction “If and only you are not thrifty, I could make use extra hands here” he glowered in hope the older guy would take his words seriously and start hiring new staffs. And, didn’t depend solely on him and Namjoon to run the business.

Kim Seokjin, graduated with a Master Degrees in Film Studies two years ago, single and is ready to mingle. It never occurred to him that he would end up owning a small business like this for his living. Finding job was never easy for him, not that he gave up his dream to become a successful filmmaker but seemed like he had to think about a way to survive in this cruel world first. Then, he could think of a way to achieve his dream.

Yoongi had known Seokjin when he first came to Seoul to find an opportunity in becoming a renowned pianist. However, due to his unstable financial condition, he managed to become a piano tutor on the weekend now just to keep his passion close to his heart. Apart from that, he had been living his life decently doing two or three jobs to earn extra cash though he lived with the Kims sibling, and it helped him to spend less money on bills and rental.

Well, thanks to the Kims siblings, he survived his 10th year in Seoul.

The sound of shattering glass caused Jin to jump in pure horror. The older guy let out his usual high pitch shriek “Not again! Ugh no no” he grimaced, making his way to confused man across the island. That culprit was none other than Kim Namjoon. Klutz is his first name, technically.

“Kim Namjoon this is the fourth time of the week! My expensive Tunisian Sunset” Seokjin looked down and inhaled a sharp breath. “Who is going to pay for the loss? My loss!” it was not Namjoon’s first time to break everything that he held within a split second.

“Hyung, you bought this thing in a night market. It cost 1/3 of my salary, are you yelling at me for some fake Tunisian Sunset?” unamused, Namjoon threw his brother a disapproval look.

“Yah! Do not be a brat! It is still a Tunisian Sunset, this one is supposed to match our restaurant concept” Jin scowled, defending his precious dinnerware sets from the insults.

Yoongi snickered, taking off his black gloves and returned his attention to the siblings “Since when this place has a theme? I don’t find where this Tunisian Sunset of yours fit in any part of the restaurant” as though Yoongi had said something which caused the failure to his business, Jin waggled his finger at the latter.

“You..Min Yoongi..Ungrateful son of a b-“ “Language” warned Yoongi in his gruffy voice.

“Ya I am your hyung” he frowned. Smirking in victory on the other side was Namjoon, while he took the broom to clean the mess that he made before Jin turned into a hulk and caused unnecessary scene.

“Alright I heard enough insults today. Close up, it is already 12. We have to cater 100 boxes of pizzas tomorrow for a birthday party” both Yoongi and Namjoon let out a tired grunt. They had to work extra hard tomorrow for hundred pans of pizzas.

The trios cleaned the kitchen together and was ready to leave the restaurant until a ringing sound came from the cashier counter travelled through the air and reached their ears “Who is calling for pizza at this time?” Namjoon glanced at his watch, whilst Seokjin was long gone in the van waiting for them to come.

“Not sure but we are closed though. Let’s just ignore the call” Yoongi yawned, switching off the last switch.

“Hyung go answer and tell them to call us back tomorrow” the small guy shot him an are-you-ing-kidding-me look and exhaled a soft groan. “We value our customer service. That is courtesy since we are still here” he shrugged, pushing his round glass on the bridge of his nose back to its original position.

Reluctant, he answered the call ignoring Namjoon’s faint chuckle seeing him complying to his indirect order. “Kim Seokjin’s Pizza, may I help you?” he inhaled a sharp breath, trying in vain to squelch his frustration.

“Hello, good urm midnight?” Yoongi flinched to hear that sweet voice at the end of the line. No joke, but this was his first time to feel this way over a simple hello. Hell, he had answered million of phone calls throughout his journey as Kim Seokjin’s most honourable pizza delivery guy, this was by far the sweetest voice that he ever heard in his entire goddamn life.

“Hello.. Are you..there?” her low mellifluous voice echoed in his ears. Watching flustered Yoongi clinging onto the phone for his dear life, Namjoon raised his brows in fascination. That is weird, he threw a tissue roll at his way snapping the man from his short daydream.

Yoongi glared at Namjoon in annoyance and upon realizing he made the customer waiting, he hurriedly responds in a gravel rasp “I am sorry, Miss. We are closed for the day, you can leave your order now, so we can deliver it the first thing in the morning when we open” it was a long silence between them, making the gu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter