Ch2

Hide and Seek

Today weather is bad, its raining non-stop since last night. Mina wrapped her blazer tightly around her body, trying to chase the cold away. Walking along the hallway, she cursed under her breath when cold breeze greets her face.


"I should have just stay on my bed." She mumbled to herself, regretting her decision to come to school on raining day like this. Not to mention, she probably come way too early for today since she barely see any students walking in the hallway like usual.


"Raining and dark.. What a perfect setting for horror movie."


"And it kinda scary here- Ahhh!!" Mina yelled out of shock and fall on her when she almost bump into someone when she takes a turn.


"You scared me!" Mina whined, rubbing her sore as she slowly get up from the cold floor. The culprit just stood still on her spot, making no effort to help her. "My hurts.. It's your faul- oh.. it's you again." She was about to lash out at the culprit but when she finally saw the person, Mina got all awkward and all her angry fade away.


"You always this early?" Mina asked, staring at the girl in front of her. But, as usual, she said nothing in return and Mina wonders if she is mute or something. "Aren't you cold? Wearing just that shirt?"


Mina sighed, she has gave up already waiting for her answer as she takes off her blazer and wrapped it around the girl shoulder. She holds her shoulder gently when the girl takes a cautious step, she reassures her that she doesn't mean any harm.


"You should be grateful, you wear Myoui Mina's blazer. Others would pay to be in your shoes." She joked to lighten up the awkward atmosphere. For herself, at least.


"About me, you don't have to worry. I have sweater in my backpack." Mina said as she turns around and excitedly show her backpack. The girl just nod her head and the simple act was enough to put Mina in the cloud nine. At least, she knows how to give non-verbal response.


She is mute, I am sure of it.


"I think we need to go now. Which class you're fro-" Mina blinked her eyes in surprise when she looked up from her watch, the girl has gone already.


"Does she the flash or something.."

 

--



"Her house always dark at the night." Mina said as she watched her friends useless effort on peeking the house in front through her window. She rolled her eyes when they seems to ignored her, again.



"What if she is actually a vampire?" Sana said with a scary tone that no one seems to scared.


"Stop with the nonsense already." Tzuyu scolded her girlfriend, earning a cute pout from Sana.


"Disgusting."


"You're just jealous, Myoui."


"I rather die single than acting all mushy like you two."


"Single people can be so bitter sometimes, right darling?" Sana pouted as she looked at Tzuyu.


"Yeah." Tzuyu nodded her head, looked at Mina with pity.


"It looks like she isn't home yet. Let's try again another day." Jihyo suggested, feeling worn out after almost 2 hours waiting. They all agreed as one by one bid goodbye to Mina. Mina closed the front door when the last person walked out and pumped her fist in the air.


"Yess! Finally, it's video game time."


She walked towards the window to close the curtain, stopped half-way when she saw a silver Mercedes parked in front of the house. A smart  man in suit came out from the car and walk into the house. Soon, the light inside is on.



"Probably her father. I should socialize more with my neighbours."



"Let's skip our date tonight. It's going to raining soon." Mina said as she looked at her Playstation 4 console near the television.