Ch1

Hide and Seek

"Did you see that girl?"

 


All head at the table turned towards where Jihyo point at except for Mina who's too busy playing with her phone to give attention.

 


"Don't look too long!" Jihyo scolded. "She's gonna think we're talking behind her back." Jihyo shook her head. They took too long. She can see the said girl shifts in her seat, probably aware she's being stare at. Just who didn't when six pair of eyes boring hole at your head.

 


"That quiet girl? What with her?" Jeongyeon the first one to ask as she finally shift her gaze back to Jihyo.

 


"I just wonder-"

 


" it!"

 


"Ow!"

 


Mina hissed in pain when Jihyo smacked her back. "What's that for!?"

 


"As I remember, you're banned from playing game when we're eating."

 


Mina rolled her eyes, but obeyed her as she puts her phone on the table with a huff. She leans on her seat, forcefully trying to blend into the conversation that she has no idea what is it in the first place.

 


"She's really beautiful, isn't she? I just wonder why she always alone." Jihyo continued as she steals glance at the girl. Mina just look at them with puzzled expression as she has no idea who the they are talking about.

 


"Wait a minute, can anyone tell me who is the girl all of you talking about?"



"The fourth table from 3 O'clock direction."



"Are we joining air force now?"



Mina turned around according to Dahyun's instruction when she got ignored as they continuing the conversation without her and finally saw the girl her friends are talking about. Mina's brows furrowed in concentration, trying to get a better view of the girl. Mina blinked her eyes, felt awkward as she caught in guard when the girl turn around and notice she was staring at her.


That expression again..



"She's never talk to anyone."


"I have talked to her before.."


"Who?" 

 

"You're talking about that girl, right?" Mina pointed at the walking figure who are about to leave the cafeteria.
 

 

"You know her?" Momo who has been quiet all of this time suddenly asking and all of their attention went to Mina. Mina sighed, she shouldn't have said anything.



"She lives in front of my house which is mean we are neighbours and it is not weird for me to talk to my neighbour right?"
 


"How can I never once saw her when I come to your house?" Sana asked, her eyes sparkled in curiousty.
 


"I don't know, I'm only saw her once even though we're neighbours." Mina shrugged. It's true though, she only saw Nayeon once when she went home and never saw her again after that. It is not like she that cares about that girl to watch for her everyday anyways.



"And.."



"And what?" Chaeyoung asked, impatient when Mina took so much time to continue.


"Nothing.. I forgot what to say."


"What if she actually didn't exist.. only us can see her. Thats why no one makes attempt to talk to her." Sana suddenly said.

 


"Are you saying that she is a walking soul, Sana-ssi?" Tzuyu asked in disbelieved.

 


"I don't know, let's investigate! Tonight, 9PM sharp at Mina's house." Sana chirped, excited at the thoughts of playing detective.

 


"You guys are crazy." Mina sighed, she already had her plan for tonight which is playing video games till midnight but thanks to Sana for ruining it.


But that expression though..