Two

Bad Luck
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun threw herself on the bed, burying her face among the pillows before screaming out loud. Today was a tiring day but she still couldn’t thank God enough for saving her day. Right when she came, she was late twenty minutes and she knew it, she met her boss in the corridor.

“Bae Joohyun-ssi? Did you just come?” the older man with a badge name said ‘Lu Han’ on his chest asked as Joohyun rushed to the office.

“Y-Yes, Sir,” Joohyun gasped, still managed to be polite though she clearly remembered how she knew this man well during her school days. After all it was her fault, also her life for 3 months is in his hands. “I-I’m sorry, I got up late this morning, this won’t happen again.”

“You look so tired,” Lu Han took his hand off his pocket as he walked closer the girl, placing his hand on her shoulder as if they were in some romantic drama scene. “Did you not get enough sleep last night?”

Joohyun flinched a little at the touch. One of the things she hated was physical contact with opposite gender she didn’t really know well. Well, she actually knew this Chinese guy quite good, they shared their childhood times together in America. Lu Han then had to move to China for several years due to his father’s job. He then came back again to continue his study in high school. That time they’d become strangers and Lu Han turned into a popular bad boy in the school which Joohyun didn’t really find it attractive.

She also wouldn’t forget the fact that the teen Lu Han once asked her to a prom night but she rejected in the nicest possible way. She said that she was feeling sick at the evening, causing Lu Han to come over only to see Joohyun chilling in her room, watching some movies. Lu Han couldn’t even get any more mad at the girl, feeling like his pride as the celebrity school got hurt. He decided not to talk to her until they graduated.

And here they were now, working under Xi International Group, the company that was also the largest producer of hygiene products such diapers and napkins in Asia. It seemed like Lu Han wouldn’t miss any chances to hit her again.

“Ah, yeah, I just got a new neighbour and they were having party last night,” Joohyun replied, this time she wouldn’t take any chances to lie. “And that’s a quite disractation for me. It’s my fault, I’m so sorry.”

Lu Han placed both hands on Joohyun’s shoulders, making the girl felt more uncomfortable. “Bae Joohyun-ssi, I know you’re probably missing your western life in America with all those parties. But I need you to focus on your work for three months,” he started caressing her shoulders.

Joohyun bit her bottom lip while trying her best to avoid the touch as possible, “I’m sorry, Sir. I’ll do it better this time.”

Lu Han took a brief move by lifting the shorter’s chin to face him. There was only a few inches space between the tip of their noses. Joohyun swore if he weren’t her boss, she would have had smacked his pretty face with her heels.

“You’d better do,” he pinched the girl’s nose before flashing a smirk, getting himself closer as he whispers in a low voice, “also, you can always call me if you want to have fun at night.”

This time Joohyun couldn’t take it anymore. She took a step backward, shooting the guy with a mix of disgust and disbelief stare.

What the heck is this guy thinking?

Lu Han put his hands back in his pockets before turning around, his smirk was still haunting Joohyun even until this time. “Have a good day, Bae Joohyun-ssi,” the man left her.

Has he lost his mind?

Joohyun couldn’t stop grunting upon what happened this morning. She never knew that Lu Han really did such unprofessional move at office where many people were gathering. She started wondering how the guy’s father could even let his son manage the head office of the company in this country, he wasn’t really good after all. Joohyun got her coffee and went to her room. She wanted to forget everything that happened in the past hours and get her back to work.

Joohyun stared at her room ceiling, recalling what happened in the morning that made her sick. For the past one week Lu Han had always been good to her, he didn’t even have physical contact with her before.

“Is it because I’m late?” Joohyun found herself whispering, still laying on the bed lazily. “Wait, no. Does he want to get revenge on what happened in high school?” another thought hit her mind. “But that’s a personal reason, he can’t bring it to my career!”

She was stopped by the same drum sound last night. A long sigh escaped Joohyun’s mouth as her neighbour’s stupid face suddenly popped into her mind. She now had to deal two guys for three months ahead; her crazy boss and her annoying neighbour. What a good combination to ruin her life!

Joohyun got up after collecting all her strength to yell, maybe, at the neighbour. It was less than an hour before her work time which meant no-disturbing time for her.

She pressed the neighbour’s doorbell twice, trying to look calm as possible by crossing her arms over her chest.

The guy she met in the elevator this morning opened the door, a smile suddenly appeared on his handsome face.

“May I help you?” another same question came out of his mouth.

“Look, Mr. Park Chanyeol, I–”

“Woah, you still remember my name,” the guy interrupted, clapping his hands, it was clearly seen on his face that he was somewhat happy.

Joohyun automatically shot a glare at the latter for interrupting. She actually surprised herself that she still remembered the neighbour’s name despite the fact how forgetful she could be.

“I’m going to write your name on a death note so of course I remember,” Joohyun shrugged coldly. She internally praised herself for being cooler than she usually was.

Chanyeol crossed his arms, eyes were knitted upon the neighbour’s sudden sassy action. But that didn’t change the image of a mysterious yet beautiful girl in his mind. “Is there anything I can help you with?”

“Could you please cooperate with me and keep it down a little bit? I need to work again.”

Chanyeol stared at the female for a few seconds before saying, “could you please cooperate with me and stop working? I need to practice our new song.”

Joohyun couldn’t help but have her jaw dropped, causing Chanyeol to send a victory smile. She definitely could feel her anger level suddenly went up, boiling in her mind. She was about to explode but she was trying her best to stay in her calm mode.

“Look, Sir. Here I’m trying to negotiate because last night you already ruined my work time,” Joohyun shot another deathly glare. “Well, I guess I’m fine with that since you just got here that day so whatever. But this time I really need a quiet night, please. What about that?”

“Well, I would usually throw a welcoming party for three days in a row. What about that?”

“What the–” she almost swore in English once again.

“This is also my work time, young lady,” Chanyeol pulled the corner of his lips to form a stupid smile. “But you can tell me your name if you still want to have a peaceful night.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter