First

Not the Same Old Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Arin’s POV

“Omma...” called my baby boy.
“Yes?” replied me.
“I want to pee,” said him.
I chuckle at his words. “Well, the restroom is there.” I’m pointing to the nearest restroom.
“Come on. Appa will accompany you,” said Kris. He gives his wide hand to our baby boy.
“No! I’m already an adult! I can go to the restroom by myself!” He is crossing his tiny hands over his chest.
“Well, appa and omma will wait here. Make it fast, okay?” said Kris.
“Yes, sir!” He is saluting first then rushing to the toilet.

I chuckle to his act. Our baby boy isn’t a baby anymore. He just enrolled in his kindergarten then acted like a university student. His name is Yixing and he is so damn adorable.

I was checking out some cute stuff when I feel a pair of arms wrapping my waist.
“I wait for this day,” said my husband in my ear.
I chuckle then lose his arms. “There will be a time when Yixing choose to go to a party rather than us.” I peck his lips quickly. “Prepare yourself for that.”
“Oh I can’t wait then.”
“It’s cute, isn’t it?” I pull a kid shirt for Yixing.
“It will look great on him for the next week event,” said Kris.
Oh I just remember that Kris company will hold a family gathering event next week. He must want Yixing looks handsome in front of his workmates.
“Alright, call!”
I take the shirt then move to the cashier. Unfortunately, my eyes locked with another pair familiar eyes. Oh those eyes ever locked with mine a long time ago. Those memories creeping on my mind.
“Arin?”
“Chan... yeol?”
Our eyes still locked. No, this is wrong.
“Ommaaaa...” Yixing voice brings me back to the reality. “Where is appa?” asked him.
“Appa? Hmm...” I’m looking here and there to find my husband and hide my nervousness. My heart beating fast when a long arm wrapping my waist.
“Why baby? Appa is here,” said my husband.
He is tightening his wrap around my waist. I know he is afraid I will run into someone else arms.

Arin’s POV

I’m flipping the meat with a lot of questions on my head. What is he doing at here? Why is he here? Does he look for me this whole time? Why he just have time to look for me now? What does he want from me?

“Omma what’s wrong?” Yixing question bring me back to life.
“Oh? I’m fine baby.” I’m trying to smile at him.
“Omma looks weird,” mumbling him in between his coloring.
Oh, God. Even my four years old son can feel it. I feel guilty.

I’m glancing at my room. Kris is still taking a bath. He must not know what I’m thinking. I’m afraid he will hurt.

Kris’s POV

Why should that guy appear in front of my wife again? He left her crying a long time ago. I was there to give my shoulder to her. But yeah, if there is no him, there won’t be us. And Yixing of course. But why now?

I’m turning off the tap then take the towel. I can smell our dinner. It must be ready. I wear my clothes then move to the kitchen. Yixing is still busy with his coloring while Arin preparing the utensils.

“Do you need more help?” asked me.
“Everything’s done by the way,” replied her with a smile. Too bad she smiles differently.
“Appa...”
“Yes, baby?”
“Should I color the car with blue or black?”
“Hmm, appa likes black color so I will color it with black.”
“How about omma?” asked him.
“Yes?” She is spacing out. “If appa wants it black well omma wants it blue.”
“Why it's blue?”
“Because omma likes blue color.”
“Oh omma and appa make me confuse!” whined him cutely.
I chuckle at his words. “Well, which is color that you like?”
“Hmm...” He is looking at his crayons. “I want it on yellow.”
“Why it’s yellow?” asked me.
“Because it’s like the sun. I like sun a lot!”
He loves outdoor activity a lot. With our hard work, we can make Yixing doesn’t attach with the gadget. He prefers playing football in the yard rather than Xbox. We are so proud of this.
“Well color it with yellow then,” said me.
“I think omma likes grey color right now,” said him.
“Why is that?” asked Arin.
“Because I feel like omma surrounded by cloudy clouds,” said Yixing.
Oh, even our little boy can see her gloominess.

Arin’s POV

“Good night baby.” I kiss Yixing temple.
“Good night omma. Good night appa,” said him then wrap himself in his blanket.
I’m going back to our room then changing my clothes. Kris already on the bed then I'm joining with him.

Suddenly I feel my hand grabbed. I'm looking at him confusedly.
"Why is it?" asked him.
I shake my head. "Nothing..."
"Don't lie to me baby...."
I know he knows.
"Is that because of your ex?" asked him suddenly.
His words hit me hard.
"Tell me baby..."
His eyes locked on mine. I lose my words. I can feel I am about to tear up.
"I... Am... Sorry..." whispered me.
He loses his hand from mine.
"Why Arin ah? Why?!" asked him a bit loud.
I'm burying my face in my hands.
"He left you a long time ago Arin ah... He left you..." Kris almost never raise his voice to me. He is a temperament guy. But he never shows it to me. It's the first time in 10 years.
"Do you still love him?"
Am I still love him?
"Probably I should change my question." I can feel my shoulder grabbed. His eyes looking into mine deeply. "Do you love me, baby?"
'Yes...'
"Do you love me?"
'Yes baby... Yes...'
He gets up then move to the cupboard. He changes his clothes in a blink of an eye.
"Kris... Where are you going?" asked me lowly.
"Anywhere..." He already on the door.
"Kris..." I get up to get him. But his steps are wider.
"Kris don't go..."
He is already on the front door. No, no, don't go...
"Kris..." I grab his arm tight.
"Just before I go Arin ah..."
His eyes still the same.
"Do you love me?"
'Yes...'
He lose my hand then get into the car.
"Kris!"
I'm trying to get him but yeah he is faster than me. I can feel tears fall on my cheek faster.

Kris's POV

That guy really. He left Arin right on the altar. He proposed her but he is the one who canceled their marriage. I still remember clearly Arin face when that guy loses his ring then leave the altar. She is crying so hard for almost a week after that. She almost insane because of that. I was the one that gives her a shoulder to cry. It's my bad too. I was the one that introduces her to him. But that was eight years ago. Eight years ago.

This noon, we were going to the Korean food market to buy some snacks. It was Yixing wish to eat tteokpokki. It's a bit hard to find it on the US. But we find it for him. And that was when she accidentally saw him. What the hell he is doing at here?! He doesn't stalk Arin, right?

After that accident, I can feel Arin is keep spacing out. She doesn't focus when taking care Yixing. Her mind keeps wandering. I don't know what's on her mind. It's breaking my heart into pieces. Even our four years old son can feel her emotion. Oh we grow him too well.

I can't accept that Arin is still thinking about him. Is she still love him? If she is so, she is lying to me this whole time. Yixing isn't a proof that she loves me. I've hurt a lot baby.

I'm driving with tears falling from my eyes. My heart hurts. My head hurts. I know I'm wrong to get mad at her. But it's because I love her. I love her a lot. Ever since we had Yixing, it doesn't make my love for her fade away. I love her more than before.

Yixing's POV

When I get up, I can't smell delicious food. Where is omma? I get up from my bed then com

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter