!let’s go see Umma

Escape The Past

!let’s go see Umma

 

 

 

Previously:

 

 

“I’m not a baby... I know, I’ve seen Umma cry... I know he is scared of them... I am scared of them... they want to hurt Umma...” 

 

“No one is going to hurt him... I promise... Tae samchun will protect him... we will protect him... right?” 

 

Minyoung asked with a smile, feeling her eyes tear up seeing Melody nod to her. 

 

“Now... let’s not frown so Umma wouldn’t worry... ok?” 

 

“Ok...” 

 

“Come on... let’s go see Umma...” 

 

*********** 

 

“Those dogs ran away scared when they felt we had backup... cowards...” 

 

Taecyeon said trying to cheer up his neighbor, but he only got a tired gentle smile. 

 

“Thank you, Hyung... thank you for today...” 

 

Jaejoong said, looking away at the steaming cup of tea the other made him. 

 

“Cheer up... Melody will be here any minute... she will worry seeing you like that...” 

 

Nodding to him, he stood up. 

 

“You are right... I’ll go take a quick shower before she comes... I don’t want her to see me like that...” 

 

“Alright” 

 

Taecyeon said walking to the apartment door... opening it, seeing his wife and melody standing there. 

 

“Melody-ah... you need to smile wide and go hug Umma tight as soon as we go in... if you want him to feel better, he has to see you happy...ok?” 

 

Melody nodded to her, still looking down. 

 

“What’s wrong... didn’t we agree to smile?” 

 

Minyoung crouched next to her, noticing the door near them open, seeing her husband, nodding to him. 

 

“Umma always hides his tears... but I see them... I know he is sad... I know he will hide it from me... why?” 

 

“Oh baby... you know why... because he loves you... and he doesn’t want to see you sad... your smile and your happiness is what makes him happy... so let’s try and show him the biggest smile we can... alright?” 

 

Melody nodded before she smiled. 

 

“There you go... Umma will feel happy as soon as he sees your smile... let’s go” 

 

Minyoung said wiping her eyes before standing and holding Melody’s hand. 

 

“You are here?” 

 

Taecyeon said, feeling uneasy seeing the little girl upset and aware of her mother’s state. 

 

“Oh... we are going in, right now...” 

 

“Why is Princess pouting?”  

 

Taecyeon carried the little girl up on his shoulder hearing her squeal. 

 

“That’s more like it... let’s go see Umma... hm?” 

 

Melody nodded to them smiling, as they entered the condo. 

 

“Umma, Odeya? (where)” 

 

Melody asked as soon as they entered. 

 

“He is taking a shower... I’ll go talk to the officer's downstairs... and I’ll be back...” 

 

“Ok...” 

 

Minyoung nodded, taking the little girl from her husband, closing the door behind him. 

 

************* 

 

“Those gangsters are targeting my neighbor... he is a single mother with a little girl... they have been harassing him for years... his husband owed their boss money and when his husband died, they came after him... I want you to keep an eye on him for the next couple of months until his debt is paid... I know it’s not officially reported to the station... but keep an eye on him... I trust the two of you...” 

 

“Copy that” 

 

The two officers replied knowing that Detective Ko wouldn’t order any patrol if it wasn’t serious. 

 

“I’ll leave now... take care...”  

 

*********** 

 

“Hey... where are you going?”  

 

Minyoung said, seeing the little girl head to the bathroom door, entering it before closing the door behind her. 

 

“Umma...” 

 

“Yes, baby... you came?” 

 

Jaejoong called behind the colorful shower curtain, trying to sound normal. 

 

“Deh...” 

 

“I’m taking a shower, sweetie... I won’t take long...” 

 

“Ok... I want to stay here until you finish.” 

 

“Ok... Are you ok, honey? You sound sad...” 

 

Jaejoong asked, peeking his foamy head from the curtain with a funny face, startling his daughter, before both started giggling. 

 

“Umma looks silly, ha?” 

 

Jaejoong asked pulling his foam filled hair up on each side looking like cat ears. 

 

“Umma! You’ve became a cat!” 

 

Melody laughed at her mother who, laughed with her for a minute... before going back under the water... swallowing hard, looking at his hands which were still shaking. 

 

‘I can’t let her see me scared or weak...’ 

 

He thought knowing that facing those men scares him to the core, that his body shivers in fear even with Taecyeon by his side. 

 

“Melody-yah... can you get me the large towel baby...” 

 

Jaejoong asked trying to keep his daughter busy, while he collects himself. 

 

“Here, Umma...” 

 

“Thank you, baby...” 

 

Jaejoong said washing his head for the last time before he took the towel of his daughter’s hand. 

 

‘Damn... I forgot that I have people over... I didn’t bring any change of clothes with me...’ 

 

The pale man sighed, looking at his daughter who was watching him. 

 

“Melo-yah... Umma is silly... I forgot to get any clothes with me... and we are not in the house alone... ottokaji? (What to do)?” 

 

“I’ll get you your clothes... wait here...” 

 

Melody giggled and walked out, before she came back in couple of minutes. 

 

“Thank you baby... is Tae Samchun here?” 

 

“No... only Min Emo... she is in the kitchen...” 

 

“Ok...” 

 

Jaejoong said walking out of the bathroom after getting dressed, with a towel wrapped around his head. 

 

“Oppa... you’re done?” 

 

Minyoung said, seeing the pale man enter the kitchen with his daughter in his arms. 

 

“I did... oh, what is this?” 

 

“I’m making some of your lavender tea... for both of us...” 

 

“Ugh... I needed that... thank you” 

 

“How are you feeling?” 

 

“I’m feeling great! Min-ah is here making me tea and I got the most beautiful baby girl in my arms!” 

 

Jaejoong said hugging his daughter tight hearing her giggle winking at Minyoung. 

 

“But Umma... I am not a baby...” 

 

Melody said pouting cutely. 

 

“Oh, sorry Ajima!” 

 

“Nooo... I am not an ajimaa!” 

 

Melody protested cutely making them laugh. 

 

“Melody is my baby ajiuma!” 

 

.Jaejoong said getting a few whines from his daughter before they all laughed