CUSTOMERS?

Cafe Infinite (인피니트) ∞

 

 "Waa! It's finally opened!" exclaimed the ecstatic Sungjong outside the cafe, stretching his arms.
Today, his dream came true. Eversince watching Coffee Prince, he had been studying more about coffee and different types of cakes. He hoped that he could actually showoff his skills to his hyungs and make them respect him more.
This was his moment to shine and show his other hyungs that he-

"YAA!" a sudden shout interrupted his thoughts. It was his hyung, Sunggyu. He was standing at the cafe's doorway and he didn't look happy.  "Get back here!" he shouted angrily, "You haven't finish sweeping the floor!"

Sungjong frowned hearing him and crossed his arms, "I'm tired. Let Woohyun-hyung do it!"

Woohyun, who was wiping the cafe's window attentively, suddenly stopped and turned to Sungjong,
"Wha- Can't you see I'm already busy?"

Sungjong rolled his eyes, "Or making yourself look busy?"

Woohyun heard that and was ready to approach Sungjong and hit him, however paused when Sunggyu told them to stop,
"Enough!" he demanded, "Just, Sungjong, just check on Dongwoo. He seems lost. I'll just continue where you stopped."

Sungjong jumped and smiled, "Thank you, hyung! I love you even more." When he walked into the cafe, he added, "I haven't sweep anywhere actually."

"Mwo?" Sunggyu couldn't believe it. 

 

    Dongwoo was busy reading the coffee's description when Sungjong surprised him,
"Hyung!" he called, startling the older boy, making the coffee powder  tin to drop.

"Sungjong-ah," he said, his heart nearly falling out, "You scared me!"

Sungjong rested his hands on the counter and looked at Dongwoo, "Sunggyu-hyung told me to help you. He said you looked lost and I agree."

Dongwoo smiled, "I'm not lost. I was just reading-"

"Then," Sungjong interjected, as he pointed to a picture which showed a coffee, with a nicely topping, a drawn-leaf, to be exact, "What is that?"

Dongwoo trailed to where Sungjong was pointing and laughed nervously, "Of course, I know! .. That's .. Americano." and he nodded, to show his confidence in his answer.

Sungjong shook his head, "No. You're wrong, hyung." he then sighed, "That's latte, or macchiato."

"Mwo?" Dongwoo was dumbfounded, "What's the difference?"

"The difference is the ratio of how much milk you put in."

Dongwoo squinted his eyes, slowly understanding the difference between coffee. But, it sounded so difficult that he was considering on changing his responsibilites to someone else.
"Can I quit this position? Where's Sungyeol?" as his eyes wandered around the empty cafe for the coffee lover.
Making Sungjong burst into laughter.

Just then, Sungyeol was coming into the café with a gloomy look, making everyone wondered what was wrong.

Sunggyu stopped sweeping and stared at him up and down, “What’s gone into you? How was the promoting-”

Sungyeol sent a death glare towards Sunggyu and replied coldly, “A kid spat on my shoe. What do you think?”

Everyone was then diverting their eyes on his shoe and true, there was a small spit on it.

“Ewww.” Sungjong blurted out as he grimaced. "You should wash that. Why didn't you wipe it off-"

Suddenly, Sungyeol was screaming this high-pitch scream, cutting off what Sungjong was about to say and walked to the back of the cafe angrily, while mumbling incoherent words.

Sunggyu then sighed in frustration, "Who would replace the cafe then?"

Nobody said a word. Not even Woohyun-hyung, who had finished wiping the windows.
They didn't want to do it. It was a tough job, they thought.

Sunggyu gave himself a thought and smiled.
And that smile was indicated to Sungjong.
He slowly walked to him and started, 
"Come to think of it, we should promote our cafe." and when he was infront of the maknae, he grinned, "Yaa, Sungjong-ah, go and give hand-outs."

As expected, Sungjong exploded, "Ah~ Waaaae~ Why do you always do this to me, hyung!"

"Go. Now." Sunggyu strident.

Sungjong stomped his feet and whined like a little puppy before snatching the papers that Sungyeol left on the counter.
When he was already outside the cafe, he spun to them and shouted, 
"I hate you, hyung!"

"YAAA!" Sunggyu shouted angrily, "You better do your job properly or you won't be dancing to girl groups anymore!"

 

   Howon and Myungsu were late for the cafe's opening.
Both of them shared the same apartment and not even one of them rememebered to set up the alarm clock.
And now, they were practically running the hell out of them just to reach the cafe.

As they were running, they kept blaming each other about setting the alarm clock.

Myungsu glanced at Howon, "You were supposed to do it!"

"Me? What about you? You slept earlier than me and you woke up late too!" Howon retorted.
He never liked it when Myungsu blames him for things that were not his fault.
Eversince staying at the apartment together, they had been arguing and screaming at each other's throat like couples.

"I can see it!" shouted Myungsu breathlessly as he pointed to a cafe with a huge banner , posted above the entrance, that said 'Mini Opening'.

They then sprinted towards the cafe, deciding who could reach there first.
And the last one would take the blame of the alarm clock.

Unexpectedly, Myungsu who ran before Howon, lost.

 

When they arrived at the cafe, they were totally panting heavily that they could collapse any moment.
Sunggyu saw them and raised an eyebrow.
"Both of you are late." he said, gritting his teeth.

Myungsu and Howon started bowing adn apologizing.

Howon pointed at Myungsu, "He woke up late."

"Why you, hyung!-" Myungsu mumbled, a little irritated.

Howon then mouthed the words, "I won." and put his tongue out, "Mehrong."

"Enough." Sunggyu demanded, "Just change to your clothes. We are ahead of time!"

"Ne!" They answered silmutaneously and scurried to the back of the cafe, where their break room was.

They started to open their shirts when they were startled by a gloomy person, sitting at the corner.
"YAA!" they shouted , "You surprised us!"

Myungsu approached the depressed hyung and asked, "Sungyeol-hyung, what happened to you?"

"Am I that ugly that a kid would spit at me?" as he buried his face into his hands.

Howon, who was buttoning his shirt, smirked, "Mwo? A kid? Well, I think they are just jealous that you're tall."

Sungyeol, whom had been staring into space , slowly looked at Howon.
" You.." as he steadily stood up, "You, you're right! They are!"

"Maybe," Myungsu started, "You should practice saying our welcoming phrase. 'Hello. Welcome to Cafe Infinite.' "

Sungyeol heard that and nodded, agreeing profoundly.
"I should."

 

 Meanwhile, Sungjong and his promotions of the cafe.
"Annyeong haseyo!" he said cutely, "We have just opened a cafe downstreet so if you can take your time to visit us and show your support-"

"Omona." a voice interrupted him.

Sungjong paused and spun to see who it was.
It was a couple of middle age women.
They had been staring at Sungjong and had been smiling to themselves.

"Ne, ahjumma?" Sungjong asked, "Do you want to visit the new cafe?"

"Aigoo," one of them with curly hair said, "You are very adorable. Are you Eun Chan?"

For a moment there, Sungjong's mind went black.
" ... Who?"

"From Coffee Prince! Aigoo. You really have a good figure." said one of them again.

Sungjong smiled and bowed, "Kamsahamnida. Though I'm not Eun Chan." as he awkwardly laughed.

"Where is your cafe? I would like some coffee." 

Sungjong then gave them the handouts and explained them the directions.
They thanked him and even pinched his cheeks, leaving a red blush.

 

  "Myungsu-ah." called Sunggyu. "You better smile at the customers."

Myungsu, who was wiping the table, stopped and looked at Sunggyu.
"Smile?"

"Yes. Do you not know how to?" asked Sunggyu sarcastically.

"To who?"

"To my grandma. To the customers! Who else."

Myungsu chuckled, "Arasseo. I will." he then added, "I will try."
 

"Sunggyu-ah!" shouted Dongwoo , who was behind the coffee counter, "Come here!"

Sunggyu, looked like a busy manager today.
Wait. That's because he is!

"What is it?" when he approached Dongwoo.

"Hyung." he uttered, "I don't know how to make coffee."

"Are you effin' kidding me!" he said outloud. "What are we going to do now?"

"Give this to Sungyeol. Please, I beg of you. This is not my cup of tea." he pleaded.

"And where's Sungyeol?" Sunggyu queried.

Dongwoo shrugged. He only saw that younger boy at the break room and that was it.
"In there, I think."

"I'll ask him." he then left Dongwoo and his anxiety to himself.

 

 "I'm baaaack!" Sungjong sang gleefully when he walked into the cafe, "And I'm sure I attracted many customers! This place would be so filled later!"

Woohyun saw Sungjong and scoffed, "Did you show them your girl group dances?"

"NO. I did not." Sungjong answered immediately, "Wait. Did you spy on me?"

Woohyun laughed and clapped his hands, "As I expected."

"It's not illegal!" Sungjong retorted as he sat down, tired from all the standing.
As he was sitting, taking a rest, he saw Sungyeol sauntering out from the break room, whom looked a little sleepy, when he noticed something peculiar.

Ah. That was it.

"Omo. Hyung," he said, as he pointed to Sungyeol's apron, "You're wearing the apron the wrong way, and why is there a stain of white chalk? You know the apron is black and once it's-"

"Shh, Sungjong." Sungyeol cut him off, "Not in the mood."

"But, I'm just-"

"Like I said, not in the mood." Sungyeol repeated.

"Fine. Don't say I didn't warn you."

 

Hours had passed, and there was not a single customer that walked into the cafe!

Sunggyu, as the manager of the cafe, was really frustrated.
"Where are the customers? Don't they know how hard it is to rent a place in Seoul? Aish." as he crossed his arms.

Woohyun glanced at Sungjong and intentionally said outloud, 
"I told you that girl group dances won't attract them."

Sungjong felt offended and retorted, "They liked it!"

Dongwoo, who was behind the coffee counter with Sungyeol was getting sleepier that he almost dozed off while holding a can of coffee.

Aigoooo. Who would be their first customer?

 

A/N hello! LovelyWinter here. Sorry for not updating this fic. I hope I can update this as much as possible. Sorry to those who waited. I was veery busy and my internet was being a jerk. T__T eck!

So, here it is. Chapter 1. How was it? I only wrote the teaser. HAHA. But next chapter would probably be a development of the pairings.

TELL ME what kind of pairing do you want to see! ;3 gumawo! <33
Thanks for reading and do please leave a comment! :3 hehhee.

MIND THE SPELLINGS AND GRAMMARS. will check it again. 

SUBSCRIBE OR COMMENT.

If you are interested in Myungjong or Yeoljong, 
http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/101606 
SUNGJONG VS. HIS HYUNGS (COMPLETED)