First

Her Voice

Seulgi's POV

I've been standing outside my best friend's  house for like hours, well maybe 15 minutes, but who cares it felt like hours have passed by. 

What took her so long? She just said that she's going to grab her bag and put some shoes on. Oh my God, we're gonna be late. 

"FINALLY! She showed up!" I exclaimed as I raised my arms.

"Sorry. I couldn't find my phone, Yerim put it in the refrigerator. Let's Go?"

I'm still wondering how my best friend managed to live for 2 years taking care of her younger sister. She's cute alright, but oh boy... she's a spawn of satan. 

....

Now we're currently inside the main building of our campus, and yeeess~ hurray for warmth. Thank you technology!

We were walking through the busy hallway, when someone decided to hop on my back. I think I lost a breath for a second there.

"Good Morning Sooyoung" Wendy greeted the giant behind me with a smile.

"Good Morning Wendy unnie! And good morning to you too Seulgi unnie!!" then she decided to wrap her long legs on my waist. Some students looked at us weirdly, and some didn't bother since they're used to seeing a clingy Park Sooyoung.

"Sooyoung-ah~ you're too heavy" I groaned. This is too early for me. Oh my gosh. 

"Yaaah~ Wendy's your fan, so why are you clinging on to me?" 

"That's because Wendy unnie's too small and I'm afraid she won't grow anymore if she carries me. So as her best friend, you are going to carry me to class." she said with a chuckle. And my small best friend just giggled, she's probably enjoying the show.

And Sooyoung really held on to what she said, she didn't remove her self from me until we reached her classroom. 

"Bye unnies! See ya later!! Mwah! Thanks for the piggyback ride Seulgi unnie! Haha" then the giant disappeared to her cave. 

"I am impressed Ms Kang, you managed to carry Sooyoungie without putting her down. I guess all that dancing really helped."

"I know. Oh my gosh, my back hurts"

....

A few more minutes and it's almost lunch time!! I wonder what's on the menu today. 

"Wendy... Wendyyy... Seungwan ah~" I repeatedly poked my seat mate's chipmunk like cheeks. 

"What..." she replied quietly

"Do you think they have gimbap today at the cafeteria? I want gimbap" 

"Oh My God Seul. Stop talking about food. Focus on the lesson" she said without looking at me and still continues writing whatever it is. Psh. I can't focus in class if I'm hungry.

And Finallyyy!! The time has come! LUNCH TIME! Yes!

We were peacefully enjoying our lunch, when Wendy glanced to the cafeteria's wooden doors, and she displayed her shocked face, wide eyes and mouth open, then she smiled very wide. Then I followed her gaze to find out what made her react like that. 

Before I could say something, Wendy was waving at the person she saw. This person's wearing a black cap, some nerdy looking glasses and has a lot of things on her hands.

"Joohyun unnie!!! Joohyun unnie!!" she shouts, when the said Joohyun unnie found who was calling her she smiled and made her way to our table. Who's she?

"Hi Seungwan ah! I missed you!" then they hugged. Umm... I've been Wendy's best friend for 4 yrs, and I have no idea who this Joohyun unnie is. But she's really pretty. Wow.

"Unnie, I'm going to introduce you to Seulgi! My best friend!" Wendy said happily, and Joohyun looked at her and raised her brows. Wendy just lightly slap her Joohyun unnie's arms. I have no idea what's happening.

"Hi Seulgi, I'm Bae Joohyun. Wendy's close senior in middle school. I've heard so many things about you" we shook hands.

"I hope they're good things. But I actually didn't hear anything about you... she's very secretive" pointing at my best friend.

"Haha that she is. And yes, they're mostly good things, don't worry." 

"So unnie, what are you doing here? I mean you must be busy with your work and such." the pretty unnie adjusted her cap and glasses then smiled. Oh my. She really is beautiful, and familiar.

"Well, the teacher in charge of the media & broadcasting team in your school is a close friend and he asked for my help because he's expecting a child this month. He wants to be with his wife during labor. Since I'm a good person, I agreed"  

Lunch time is over and our next class' teacher said she can't make it to today's class because something came up, so here we are, sitting on some kiosk with my best friend who's scribbling something on her notebook. 

"What are you doing?" I asked

"Hmm? I'm making Yerim's assignment that's due tomorrow"

My best friend's too kind, she can't say no to her satan sister. How did their parents end up with an angel and a devil as their children?

"Wendy ah~ can you sing me a song?" 

"You know that I don't sing, Seul. Try connecting to the campus radio, listen to that instead"

Since I'm bored, I tried opening the personalized radio app for the school. The Media Team & Science & Tech. Club manages the radio app.

I didn't wear any earphones because I just thought that Wendy would also want to hear it. 

Then the voice of a known student announcer popped up when I got connected. 

"The next song is a request from rabbit329, she personally sent me this audio file, and I've heard it. It's a really good cover of IU's Through the Night, the singer is anonymous tho. So here is Through the Night, a cover by anon

First word, first line of the song... got me hooked. The person who covered the song is good, no... good is an understatement. I wonder if she's a recording artist. 

I listened through the whole song, and I feel like floating on clouds, and I want to cry. I mean... how can someone express so much emotions in a single song like she owns it? And her voice... there is a feeling of comfort and love in it. It's like being gently caressed  through a single song. I think I'm a fan of hers already.

And that was IU's Through The Night a cover by someone unknown. Only rabbit329 knows. Oh, and she also said that the one who sang is a student of this school! Really? Oh my. A hidden gem is in this school everybody, the Glee Club would be so happy with this information. 

My jaw dropped after hearing this new info. She's a student. Not a recording artist. I'm... breathing the same campus air as this person.

I looked at my best friend who stopped writing on the notebook, and I noticed she's crumpling a piece of paper on her other hand. 

"Wen..." 

She looked at me with a frustrated look on her face, is the assignment that hard? She really needs to learn how to decline her sister

"Wendy..." then she replied with a small "yeah?"

"I think I finally found a crush." she looked at me with a questioning look.

"Umm... who?"

"I think I have a crush on that someone who covered IU's Through the Night. The one on the radio, the student of our school. I know it's weird to like someone just based on their voice. But I can tell that person's a decent human being."

then she dropped her pen and let it roll off the table. agape. Huge eyes blinking at me. 

I really am the weird one between us two.