Final

Welcome Home

 

“I miss you, Yeol.”

 

“I miss you too, Baek. So much.”, Chanyeol touches the screen of his laptop, rubbing it affectionately. He wish he could caress Baekhyun’s cheeks now. He laughs when Baekhyun pouts through the screen.

 

“Don’t pout, babe. I might kiss the screen.”, Chanyeol smiles again.

 

“I can’t wait for you to come back. Ten months without you here feels so quiet and dull.”, Baekhyun hugs his pillow tighter, a heavy feeling washes over him when he looks at the time.

 

12:30am.

 

It’s probably 4:30pm at Paris now which leaves Chanyeol another 30 minutes before his training.

 

“That’s a big fat ditto from me.”, Chanyeol smiles. “I miss you so much, Baek. It’s lonely here without you. I only have Jeonghan with me here and he’s getting chummier with a Parisian Korean that works at one of the bakery in town and he’s been ditching me for dates with her. At least you have the gang with you there.”

 

Baekhyun laughs. “Well, I miss you, too but I rarely see them these days. I couldn’t make it to the hangout at Suho’s café this week. The academy is really busy with the upcoming recitals and concerts. I’m worn out.”

 

“I’m sure you still like it, Baek. Even though it wears you out, you still love it. Music is your passion.”, Chanyeol smiles lovingly at him.

 

“I need you by my side nowww. Tell me those words and give me a comforting hug. I need my booster.”, Baekhyun whines. “It’s really sad we missed spending Christmas and New Year together.”, Baekhyun adds sadly.

 

“I’ll make it up to you. I promise.”, Chanyeol caresses the screen again, an apologetic smile on his face.

 

“I’ll be waiting for it. And-“

 

“Chanyeol-ssi, it’s almost 5pm. Let’s go to the kitchen now.”, a voice cuts Baekhyun off.

 

“Yes, sir! Coming!”, Chanyeol stands up. He bends down and stares at Baekhyun through the screen.

 

“Bye, Baek. Training starts now. I love you.”

 

“I love you, too, Yeol.”, Baekhyun whispers, a tug on his chest.

 

Chanyeol smiles and sends him a flying kiss. A tiny smile graced Baekhyun’s lips and Chanyeol gestures him to end the video call.

 

With a heavy heart, he presses the end-call button and the screen turns dark. Baekhyun sighs as he gets up from the chair and throws himself on the bed.

 

His fingers caressed the cold sheets and he pressed his lips into a thin line. This was his life for the past ten months when Chanyeol was sent to Paris for culinary training by his current employer.

 

Cold and empty.

 

Baekhyun stares at the ceiling, wishing for Chanyeol to return home as quickly as possible.

 

 

******

 

 

It was a quiet and chilly Saturday evening.

 

The cold autumn wind blows across the street and the trees along the walkway rustles as red, yellow, brown and orange leaves falls on the pathway to the entrance of the apartment.

 

In the master bedroom, lies Baekhyun on the bed sleeping soundly, his calm breathing filling the room. He came back two hours ago from the music academy after the director of the academy called for a sudden meeting regarding the musical recital happening next month.

 

Baekhyun was tired. He had a solid and packed week of music classes every day from 10am to 7pm. From teaching his students piano and singing to practicing for the musical recital (he has two performances that night) to helping with the decoration and protocol matters for the event, Baekhyun thought he could sleep in on Saturday morning but the director decided to call for a meeting. However, he really couldn’t blame her because there was a mistake on the supplier’s part and the costumes were sent to the academy with an entirely different design. The poor woman almost lost it when she saw the costumes for the children.

 

Baekhyun was extra grumpy and grouchy this morning considering the tough week he had and the fact that Chanyeol was not by his side for the past ten months. He missed his boyfriend so much that it hurts him every single day, coming back home alone to the dark and empty house. He hated to press the end-call button when he video calls Chanyeol. He missed Chanyeol’s touch, kisses, hugs, laughter, corny jokes and the list goes on.

 

In short, he missed Chanyeol very, very, very much.

 

Baekhyun often dreamt about Chanyeol caressing his cheeks and telling him to wake up and when Baekhyun opens his eyes, Chanyeol was gone.

 

Baekhyun dreamt about the same thing today and this time, he refuses to open eyes. He felt a warm hand on his left cheek and the thumb softly caressing his cheeks, deep and honey-like voice calling out to him.

 

“Wake up, Baek.”

 

Baekhyun furrows his eyebrows and pressed his lips into a thin line. He wants this dream to continue till Chanyeol comes back to Seoul. So, he shuts his eyes tighter.

 

He then hears a soft chuckle and felt weight dipped on the bed. The caressing continue and Baekhyun was beginning to feel that this dream wasn’t a dream anymore.

 

Should I open my eyes? But what if I do and it all disappears like it always happen?

 

Baekhyun wanted to open his eyes, to see if it was real but he knows it was impossible because Chanyeol was to come back by the end of January according to his schedule.

 

“Baek, wake up.”, the warm and familiar voice said.

 

“Just stay here longer, please, Yeol.”, Baekhyun whimpered, his eyes shutting tightly and his fingers curled around the blanket, it tightly.

 

“I’m here, Baek. At home, with you.”

 

Baekhyun eyes shot open and he finds a pair of soft brown orbs staring into his. Baekhyun blinked at the man lying beside him, trying to process what was happening and realization struck him.

 

“CHANYEOL!”, Baekhyun sprung up, confusion written all over his face.

 

Chanyeol slowly gets up, a soft smile gracing his face and cups Baekhyun’s cheeks.

 

“Hi, honey. I missed you so much.”, Chanyeol leans forward and press a firm kiss on Baekhyun’s lips.

 

Baekhyun stares at the man before him with his eyes wide open. He pinches himself and winced at the pain. He looks at up again.

 

“C-Chanyeol! Why are you here?!”

 

Chanyeol smiles at Baekhyun’s reaction and his smile grew wider at the sight of Baekhyun’s bed hair.

 

“Surprise!”, Chanyeol kisses Baekhyun on the lips again, leaning his body forward and pushing Baekhyun back on the soft sheets. He cages Baekhyun with his legs, his forearms on both sides for support and he kisses Baekhyun deeper. Chanyeol’s lips moves from Baekhyun’s lips to his chin, cheeks and soon, he peppers Baekhyun’s face with sweet kisses.

 

Baekhyun enjoyed every bit of it, smiling as Chanyeol leaves a firm kiss on his forehead and pressed their foreheads together.

 

Chanyeol looks at Baekhyun, finding a satisfied grin on his face.

 

“This is not a dream right?”, Baekhyun asked.

 

Chanyeol kisses him on the lips. “Does this look like a dream to you, Baek?”

 

“One more time.”, Baekhyun whispers.

 

Chanyeol kisses Baekhyun on the lips and playfully bit Baekhyun’s lower lip.

 

Baekhyun giggles and said “Okay, you’ve got some explanation to do, Yeol.”

 

Chanyeol shifts his body to Baekhyun’s side, his arms pulling Baekhyun closer to him and his right leg drapes over Baekhyun’s.

 

“Well, I got home earlier than scheduled because my training ended earlier. I’m a certified pastry chef and the hotel wants to extend my contract, Baek!”

 

“Really?! That’s great and I’m proud of you, Yeol! Congratulations!”, Baekhyun kisses Chanyeol on the cheek.

 

“Where’s my reward?”, Chanyeol gave Baekhyun a smirk.

 

“You’ll have it soon but not tonight, Yeol. I went to the academy this morning and this week was really tiring. Sorry I couldn’t prepare you a warm meal when you came back.”, Baekhyun looks at Chanyeol, pressing his lip into a thin line. Baekhyun felt bad for not giving Chanyeol a warm welcome home.

 

“Hey, don’t be sorry, Baek. We’ll cook together later. And you know what they say, the best thing always happens at the end.” Chanyeol assures Baekhyun, a wide smile on his face as he caresses Baekhyun’s hair.

 

“I missed you so much.”, Baekhyun whispers, his arms tightening around Chanyeol’s waist.

 

“I missed you too, Baek. More than you can imagine.”

 

“Oh, and Yeol?”, Baekhyun looks at Chanyeol again.

 

The latter hums in response.

 

“Welcome home, honey.”, Baekhyun presses a kiss on Chanyeol’s lips and snuggled into Chanyeol’s warm arms.

 

Both fell asleep with a smile on their face.

 

 

 

 

 


/hides myself because i'm embarassed/