You Want Me to do What?

Suffering

     Taemin was very excited! He was finally in college and away from home. He was happy to be done with high school and the stress and immaturity that came with it. He was excited to be freed from the constant chains and shackles he felt his parents were holding him down with. He was just finally happy for to be alone... well, as alone as one can be with a roommate. 

     Taemin shared a dorm room with Choi Minho. Minho was the very athletic type. He loved all sorts of sports, such as football, basketball, soccer,  and baseball. He enoyed going to the gym and going on jogs or walks around campus. He also very much enjoyed playing video games, which was the only thing the two roommates may have had in common. Taemin was the exact opposite of Minho. He loved to sing, dance, and is apart of theatre. He was more of the artistic type. However, they both were serious about school, as well. They were both highly intelligent and hardworking people. So, needless to say, they got along just fine once they first met.

     It had been about two days since they arrived at school and classes had started. Taemin was eager to see how his classes would turn out and how many new people he would meet. Within the first day, he had met a girl named Krystal Jung. They both attended the same theatre and dance classes and quickly became friends. They were both very similar to one another, so they spent a lot of time together during the first two days of school.

     On the third day of school, Wednesday, Krystal had heard that there was a church that some of the students at their school were attending that night. "Let's go to church tonight, Tae." 

     Taemin looked at Krystal as if she lost her head. "You want me to do what?" He never considered himself a religious person, ever! His parents never really went to church and they never forced him to go either. He has just been indifferent to religion in general.

     Krystal just giggled and said, "It seems like a lot of students here enjoy going, so I've heard. I think it's name is Dawson Baptist Church. Let's just go for tonight, and if we don't like it, we can just not go again. How about that?" Krystal looked at him with big doe eyes to persuade him.

     Taemin finally broke after what seemed like forever. "Fine. I'll go. But no promises."

     After a couple of hours, the church had sent a couple of buses to campus. There was an abundant of students who gathered on both of them, including Taemin, Minho, Krystal, and her roommate, Amber. Taemin was still a bit uneasy about going to anything church related, but he decided to be a good friend and to at least pretend to enjoy himself. After a couple of minutes of letting everyone on, the buses left campus, and within a few minutes, they arrived at a coffee shop. Taemin and his friends were a bit surprised that they were at a coffee shop, but they were not going to question it.

     They all walked inside and were greeted with the smell of fresh coffee and freshly baked pastries that the shop had made for the event. But something had caught Taemin's eye almost as soon as he walked in the room. He noticed that there was a guy standing and greeting people who were coming in from the buses. He was smiling a huge, bright smile that made Taemin feel... happy. He was then immediately jerked away from the door by Krystal who had found a table for their group of friends to sit at.

     While the other three were talking and mingling with others, Taemin was just staring off into space, daydreaming about the guy he had just seen. He couldn't get his smile out of his mind. He then started thinking about how unfortunate it was that he was absolutely never planning on having to do anything with this church or any other church again, which meant that he would never see this guy after tonight.

     "Hey. My name is Jinki. You are?" An unknown voice was speaking. Taemin turned and saw with disbelief that it was the guy he couldn't stop thinking about! He was starting to get nervous and saw that Jinki had his hand stuck out. He soon calmed himself down and began to act normal.

    "I'm Taemin. Nice to meet you." 

     Jinki spoke back, "Nice to meet you too, Taemin. Are you a freshman?"

     Taemin then mistakenly looked Jinki in his eyes and saw that they were this captivating light brown that he felt hypnotised by. He then soon responded, "Yeah, I am. This is my first semester." By this time, he figured Jinki was going to stop talking to him because what else is there to say? He was prepared fro him to just walk away and to then never see him ever again. However, Jinki had kept talking to him. It got to the point where Taemin started to become confused because it seemed like he was the only person Jinki was investing most of his time in that night. 

     Later on, when the night was just about over and the buses were ready to take the students back to campus, Jinki talked to Taemin for a while longer. "So, will I be seeing you at Dawson on Sunday?"

     At this point, Taemin was struggling internally about whether or not he still wanted to stick to his plan on not going to church. He felt a bit bad because it seemed like Jinki really wanted him there. 

     "I'd really enjoy having you there. Just think about it?"

     Once Taemin heard those words, he felt all of his pride and dignity go out of the window. "Okay! I'll be there!" He didn't realize what he had agreed to until after he had said it. He felt a wave of embarrassment and anxiety wash over him for a few seconds. But all of that changed once he noticed the smile on Jinki's face when he said he would be there on Sunday.

     "Okay great! I'm excited and looking forward to seeing you there Sunday. Have a good night, Taemin."

     "Thank you. You too, J-Jinki." Taemin didn't even care he stuttered when saying Jinki's name. He was just extremely giddy about the entire night. 

     Krystal and the others noticed this, too, once he finally entered the bus. "What's up with you, Tae?" Minho asked him.

     Taemin wanted to tell them about Jinki, but he decided it wasn't really important right now. Instead, he just simply said, "I'm going to church on Sunday." he watched as the others' jaws had dropped in disbelief.