Star-Crossed

Our Vhope World

The raindrops were drumming against the car window in sync with the troubled thumps of my heart. Hoseok turned off the engine and I unbuckled my seatbelt. Then it was silent. So silent that the faint sound of the rain seemed almost ear-battering. The thoughts racing through my mind were even louder. I couldn't bear it any longer, so I reached for the door handle to get out of the car, but Hoseok suddenly unbuckled his seatbelt, too and leaned over grabbing my wrist to stop me. I turned my head to look at him.

“Please...” he begged and the raw emotion in his eyes nearly tore me apart. He loosened his grip and I pulled my hand back. Hoseok returned to his seat, but kept his body turned towards me, but I couldn't. I was too nervous. Too troubled. So I just kept my eyes focused to the front.

“Hoseok...there's nothing more to say...don't make this harder than it already is...” I said. My voice was shaking and I hated myself for it. It was quiet again.

“I can't just let this go, Tae...I'll always wonder what could've been.” he then said. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath.

“We can't...you know we can't....”

I heard him move and then I felt him press his nose to my cheek. My breath got caught in my throat.

“Please...” he repeated again and his hot breath against my neck spread goosebumps over my body. His hand found mine and he tenderly interlaced our fingers over my skin. I felt my heart trembling and my head was spinning. It was an inner fight between thoughts and feelings.

“We're star-crossed, Hoseok. It's just not meant to be...” I brought out as steady as I could as my heart was screaming at me. Hoseok released a desperate sound and pressed his lips to my skin. I whimpered and it was just too much. I needed to escape. So I pulled away abruptly and tore open the car door. I tried to fish out my keys as I hurried to the front door of my apartment.

“Taehyung!” I heard him call and I desperately tried to find the right key as my heart threatened to burst out of my chest, but Hoseok had already reached me and grabbed my hands to stop me.

“Let go!”

“You can't just run away!” he said.

“Yes I can.” I answered and tried to free my hands from his grip. He crowded me against the door placing my hands next to my head as he interlaced our fingers. I opened my mouth to protest, but he caught my lips in a desirous kiss. I heard myself releasing a small sound and it didn't take more than just a second for my resolution to falter. His grip loosened and he let go of my hands to wrap his arms around my waist. I lost control of it all sliding my hands into his hair as I kissed him back just as passionately. He pressed his body flush against me and I moaned into the kiss as I grabbed a fistful of his hair. When we broke the kiss for air both panting I gathered the last bit of protest I had in me as I said: “We can't...”

Hoseok looked at me through hooded eyes making my heart skip a beat.

“I don't care...” he aspirated in his husky voice and pulled me into another needy kiss.