The Beginning

Vampire Academy

Image result for baekhyun school uniform

The past

7 years ago...

"St. Benedict, why can't I go out to play with my other friends...?" 9 years old Byun Baekhyun whined.

St. Benedict was his household helper, although there wasn't even a house to begin with. Baekhyun lived in a huge mansion which rose to 5 stories, and the fact that he had no parents made it seem less... homey.

"You're different..." was the only reply he got.

Unsatisfied, Baekhyun decided to man up and asked the question he had been wondering about for the last 5 years. "Where's mom and dad?"

Baekhyun was always incredibly jealous of the other kids. Whenever they had to attend school, mommies and daddies would always pick them up. All he had was St. Benedict, which wasn't exactly a bad thing until he remembered they probably weren't even blood related. His classmates used to that he doesn't have any parents, which made him question, where were his parents?

He noticed St. Benedict stiffened before replying curtly, "they've met with an accident."

After knowing the tall muscular guy for nine years, Baekhyun could easily-or sort of- sniff out a lie from the guy. He frowned in disdain. "Are you sure?"

St. Benedict wasn't afraid of anything, one of the main reasons why he was Baekhyun's protector, helper and eerything. But protecting from what he didn't know.

Looking out of the window, he admired the children playing across his giant garden. The freedom they had made the small boy green with envy. The sun suddenly came out from behind the clouds and shined onto the brunnet's face, making him shriek a little and retreat from the window. The sun was too bright for his liking.

"There's no reason to lie about that!" the muscular guy towered over the small boy, making the latter flinch. "And don't go out there. You hate the sun."

As he turned to leave, Baekhyun sighed. He didn't know what happened to him the past few weeks. Food simply didn't appeal to him as much anymore, everything tasted bland. Whenever he had to step out of his house to go to school, he would try to use sheltered areas and even opened an umbrella, which of course made people laugh at him. They said that they enjoyed the sunlight. But Baekhyun knew he occasionally feared the light, although it was irrational. And what made it worse was that there was no one by his side to comfort him, he had no parents to rely on. Sure, St. Benedict was by his side, but it wasn't the same, especially when that guy kept hitting his sore spot, saying that he can't go out to play because he feared the light.

I mean, shouldn't a parent be supportive?

Oh wait. He wasn't his parent. Apparently his parents died in an accident.

"Mom, dad, come home please? I really want a parent..." Baekhyun pleaded to the sky, hoping some kind of angel would float down to him, perhaps, but all he got was the reply of the glaring sun, which made him turn away.

Little did the brunnet know that the angels up there were listening to him, and his wish was his command...

 

-

 

The present

Shawty imma party til the sun down...

The blaring music made Baekhyun snap out of his blackout, and with a groan, rubbed his temples with his knuckles as he tried to make the searing headache go away. And this time, his favourite band, EXO, and their music was not helping him at all. (YES I KNOW)

He occasionally had blackouts, which were just him remembering his pasts or learning something new about the future. It ranges from minor headaches and spacing out for a few seconds to full on passing out. St. Benedict always said that it was because of his traumatic childhood, where he was depressed that he had no one by his side. But Baekhyun wasn't so sure about that.

He really hated how it kept appearing at random moments, and recenly his blackouts were getting worse and worse. The fact that the memories and visions were so blurry and vague left him feeling frustrated. Especially the ones that kept him to the edge of the seat, when he would suddenly jolt out of his blackout and groaned when he realized he was only about to learn something new. But whenever he woke up, he would always be surrounded by people staring at him with concern and another expression he came to hate.

Pity.

He really hated how people thought he was weak and vulnerable. He just had no ing idea how to contol his blackouts.

He was in his Pagani Huayra BC, one of the, if not the rarest car in the world, together with St. Benedict. Today, he was Baekhyun's driver, The taller glanced over at the smaller, concern written all over his face, as well as the expression he loathed. "Would you be alright if I left you alone in school, sir...?" St. Benedict asked nervously, which surprised Baekhyun, who knew how composed the guy usually is.

"I'll be fine. So long as I take my pills whenever I feel dizzy or have a headache. Nothing to worry about." Baekhyun forced a smile, unsure whether he was assuring himself or the taller. St. Benedict nodded. "Alright." which surprised Baekhyun again, seeing how the taller would always keep him under his sight unless he had to attend school, which only lasted 6 hours. The school he was currently going to was a boarding school, and he was shocked to even hear St. Benedict annouce that he was attending it. 

Baekhyun stared out of the window, wondering how he was even rich in the first place. He definitely wasn't working, his parents had died, and he owned a freaking mansion and this car. Unless St. Benedict was secretly buying him this stuff, which he highly doubt because if his character, he had to assume that it was some friend or relative that was supplying the money into his bank account every day, making sure he had at least a few million dollars in his account. Am thought which relative was he it he had no idea, because he was pretty sure that none of his relatives actually cared that much about him.

Would the people even accept him, like him there? Baekhyun thought, depressed. This school was probably no different from his other schools. The students there would probably loathe him once they realise that he couldn't hang out with then in the sun for too long, or would bully him because of his blackouts. Then he started panicking for real. He needed to room with somebody! This was a boarding school, of course he had to room with someone.

Cursing inwardly, Baekhyun sunk back to his thoughts, not caring about what lays ahead of him.

"Sir, we have arrived." St. Benedict sudden voice pierced through his thoughts, making the brunette jump. 

He thought he caught a smirk on the driver's face but it went back to being expressionless a split second later. This made Baekhyun more comfortable as he felt a spark of the father us on relationship instead of the usual master-helper one. 

"A-Ah yes. Just drop me off and I'll see myself inside." Baekhyun blushed, making the driver smirk ever so slightly again. 

​​​​​Baekhyun dragged his bag and lugged his luggage to the front gate. This was a boarding school, so he wouldn't be able to see his friends and relatives for quite some time, which did not sit well with him, especially when they were the ones who took care of him, no matter how much he hated to admit it.

The brunette ran a hair through hi dishevelled hair and reapplied his eyeliner. Thinking he was ready for anything, he stepped into the school compound.

Or so he thought.

The school wasn't just some ordinary school everyone goes to. It wasn't even a building.

It was a castle. Not the rundown kinds people watch during horror movies, but the grand kind. Although the walls were painted black, it didn't really give off a creepy vibe. There were a few students loitering around the main entrance, excitedly smiling or waving at anyone new who entered the school.

Baekhyun headed inside the castle, gasping aloud once again. The hallway of the school was decorated with beautiful murals, art pieces and more. The ceiling held a chandelier and relics so old they must have cost a fortune were placed on shelves on the walls. The other students that just arrived were gasping in surprise as well.

"Well, hello. Glad you like the walls." A voice came from behind Baekhyun, clamping his hands firmly on his shoulder.

Turning around, he gave the new guy a once over. Dressed in a suit, he could already guess that the guy was his headmaster. "Call me Mr Lee." The head smiled, holding out his hand.

Baekhyun gladly took it, just noticing the curious looks from the people around him. He tried to shrug it off. I mean, what's so interesting about him meeting the head?

Mr Lee dragged him around the school, showing off the best parts of it. Finally, he handed him over to a really hot, not that he would admit it, and tall guy who introduced himself as Oh Sehun.

The tall guy grinned. "We're gonna be roomies!"

Baekhyun smirked at his enthusiasm. "Okay. So tell me more about tho school. All I know is that the head really liked the school's deco."

Sehun threw his head back to laugh. "Yes, that's true. But I'm really curious. Who are you?"

Baekhyun looked at him, confused. "I'm Baekhyun. Didn't the head introduce me?"

Oh Sehun looked around and lowered his volume. "You must be really special. The head doesn't come out of his office just for anybody, he actually only meets either really good or really dangerous people. So, tell me, who are your parents? What are you?"

"What am I? Really? I am not a thing you know. And I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about, because I'm not special at all. My parents died when I was four. I had no close friends." Baekhyun retorted, seeing Sehun's eyes widen in surprise.

"Oh sorry," Sehun quickly apologised. "But I wasn't talking about that."

Baekhyun just stared at the taller boy with confusion written all over his face. "What? I told you I ain't special. If you count hating the sunlight and having visions normal."

Sehun furrowed his brows. "Did no one seriously tell you what happened?"

Baekhyun shook his head silently, reninding himself that he would murder St. Benedict the next they met. "Um... No? What's going on here. Why are you so weird?"

Sehun sighed. Tho was going to be hard. "Well, first off, you aren't in some normal school. You can probably already guess by the castle... But afraid of the sunlight, you say?"

He waited for Baekhyun's response, which was an eye roll, before continuing, "you aren't normal, Baek."

The word Baek hit him like a blow. His mother used to call him Baek when he was younger. Seeing the younger paled, Sehun wasn't so sure about continuing his sentence until he saw Baekhyun gave him a slight nod to continue.

"Byun Baekhyun... You're a vampire," 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Oh mai god, yes, our little Baekkie is a vampire!
Guys, I wont be able to update too often because of my GCSEs. *cries*
By the way, please do comment. I will read every single one, and the story will change with each comment. Do you want more sebaek or chanbaek? All these are important to me.
Remember, I won't be focusing too long on . There will be plenty of mysteries to solve and a but or romance here and there.
Please do give this an up vote and subscribe. I love you guys! ヽ(*≧ω≦)ノ
I'm trying so hard with this fanfic I am practically dreaming it.
do check out my other story as well, and follow my Instagram @sumstudies.kpop @otaku_sans @summerrrchua @kpop.multifandom.comics and @funnee_makes_haha
Or check out my YouTube account @kpop multi fandom you can find it in my bio.
Thank you once again and have a nice day!