Memories

Memories Turned to the Future - Sehun

A single light pendant hung over the small kitchen table, a hardcover spiral book rested under the spotlight, your fingers lightly ran over the premade pages as you turned page after page. Your eyes reading the color slips of paper that occupied the page along with various memories and texts that you and Sehun had shared together over the years. Reviewing the memories and rereading the cute moments, one of your hands rested in your lap and slowly found the bottom hem of your shirt. Bunching up the fabric slightly around your fingers, you turned another page in the book as you watched your relationship with your husband unfold right before your eyes.

The soft sound of the garage door opening tipped your attention as you inhaled deeply before exhaling slowly. Your eyes dropped down to the bunched up fabric in your fist as you couldn’t help but return your eyes to the current page you were on, continuing to revel in the memories of the young couple in love.

The sound of the garage door stopped for a moment as you heard the car doors open and close before the garage door lowered with a press of a button. Soon after, Sehun twisted the handle on the door as he stepped inside. Making sure that the door closed behind him, silence filled the garage once more as he kicked off his shoes and placed them next to yours. Lowering his duffel bag onto the ground, his eyes lifted to find you sitting by yourself at the kitchen table.

“Hi love” Sehun cooed into the quiet air that settled in the home.

“Hi jagiya” You called back, your head turning around as you greeted him with a smile.

Sehun padded over to you, his head tilted to one side in curiosity as he saw something on the table before you.

“What are you looking at?” He questioned, unsure of the book that you were reading.

“Just a book of memories” You shrugged your shoulders as you returned your eyes to the page.

Sehun pulled over the unoccupied kitchen chair and placed it next to yours, taking a seat his eyes scanned the colorful pages with the dark words covering each piece of paper. Reading the smaller slips of paper, the words captured him as he began to read the long and short passages.

“Where did you get this book?” Sehun questioned as he began to turn the book towards him as you leaned back against your chair.

“I made it a long time ago, when we were first dating” You smiled as both of your hands played with the bottom hem of your shirt. “It’s a compilation of our messages to one another along with our inside jokes, and just moments that I enjoy too.”

Watching him flip through the pages, his fingertips lightly running over the passages as he read them. With his lips parting into a smile, he lifted his eyes and peered at you with his chocolate eyes twinkling.

“I didn’t know that you made this… It is really beautiful” Sehun slid his hand over your worried hands in your lap, he sat back against his seat while his eyes remained on you.

“Thank you, it took me a long time but I am very glad that I made it when I did” You told him, your fingers slowly intertwining with his. Your thumb slowly brushed over his fingers as a lump began to form in your throat.

“What made you look through our book today?” Sehun questioned, feeling your touch differ from this morning when he left for work.

“Nothing special, I just was looking through the bookshelf and found it” You told him, your eyes dropping from his as you let your grip soften around his hand as Sehun nodded his head at your reply.

“What else happened today? Did you go and meet with your friends at the cafe?” Sehun inquired, as he always had a way or remembering what you were up to although he was extremely busy and occupied with his music.

“I did, they enjoyed hearing about you and your work as always and Suzie is pregnant again with her second child. Macie is getting married to JungMi, they just got engaged and her ring is gorgeous…” You began going through each one of your friends and updating him on what you all had talked about over lunch.

“Sounds like you had a good day” Sehun smiled as he leaned forward and pressed his lips against your temple, with a squeeze of his hands around yours, his grip faltered from yours as he stood up from his chair.

“How was your day?” You quizzed as your hands fell back to your lap after closing the book in front of you.

“It was good, we learned a new dance and they began to work on our vocals for the new album that is in the works” Sehun informed you as much as he could while he padded into the kitchen.

Opening up the stainless steel fridge and pulled out some left overs from the dinner that you had made yourself. Seeing more food in the tupperware than usual, he placed the container on the counter. Turning around and grabbing some plates, he pulled two down from the cupboard and made his way over to the container of food.

“Did you want any, yeobo?” Sehun questioned as he poured some food out onto the first plate to warm it up in the microwave, adding a little bit more food than his normal portion just in case you wanted to eat some off of his plate.

“I-I already ate…” Your soft voice carried over into the kitchen as he nodded and served himself.

“It looks like you didn’t eat too much…” Sehun made his way back over to the cupboard to return the extra plate that he grabbed for you.

“I wasn’t too hungry tonight” You confessed as you watched him slide his food filled plate into the microwave and press a couple of buttons to request the cook time before pressing the start button.

“Do you want anything to drink?” Sehun offered as he shuffled over to the refrigerator and returned the tupperware container before pulling out a chilled bottle of water.

“I’ll take some water, if you don’t mind…”

“I don’t mind at all” He smiled as he placed two glasses on the granite countertop before pouring equal amounts of water into each glass. The chime of the microwave sounded through the house as he placed the glasses of water down in front of you.

Trotting back to the microwave, he opened the microwave before he stirred his food making sure that the food was warm before he carried his plate of food over to you still sitting at the table. Sipping on the water that was before you, Sehun sat next to you under the single pendant light as the rest of the house was darkened by the late hour.

The two of you were quiet while he ate his food, his free hand rested on your thigh as he continued to eat with his other hand. With the smell of food making you a little nauseous you closed your eyes and carefully placed your head on his shoulder as your hand rested over his.

Feeling your head on his shoulder, he glanced over at you, seeing that your eyes were closed, his thumb brushed against your thigh letting you know that he was here for whatever you might need. Finishing up his food, he finished off his glass of water before kissing your head.

“I think I am going to head to bed” You lifted your head to look up at him.

“Okay, I will lock up and meet you in bed” He pressed a kiss against your forehead as you took your time to sit up from leaning against him.

Observing you as you stood up from your seat, you pushed your chair under the table before you shuffled your feet towards the master bedroom. Sehun leaned back against his seat as the book still sat on the table, picking up where he left off, he turned page after page until a blank page stared back at him. Standing up from his seat, he grabbed a sticky note and wrote a little message in ebony ink before sticking it to the last page.

Clearing the table of everything except the book opened to the last page, he washed the dishes that filled the sink and returned the clean dishes to their rightful places around the kitchen. Slowly walking around the house, he made sure that all of the windows and doors were locked and secure for the night, turning off the soft light that radiated from the pendant light the house went dark except for a subtle light originating from the bedroom..

Navigating through the darkened hallway, Sehun followed the light that seeped through the ajar door. Slowly pushing the door open, he stepped inside before closing the door all of the way as his eyes fell upon your figure under the duvet with just your hair sprawled out against the pillow was visible. Careful not to make any excessive noises, he quietly changed into sweatpants as he continued his nightly routine. Retiring to his side of the bed afterwards, he pulled up the covers and slid his legs underneath the sheets while positioning his head on the pillow.

Turning over to face you, he watched your closed eyes peek out from the hem of the duvet that had engulfed you. Leaning over, he pressed a soft kiss against your forehead before he flipped off his bedside lamp, allowing the room to be engulfed in darkness with a hint of moonlight streaming through the window.