Never A Dull Night

Never A Dull Night - Jay Park

Feeling the car slide, time began to slow as shattered glass filled the cab of the car, the driver’s body contorted in different directions while the white air bags began to deploy. Hitting something else, the car came to an instant halt. Curling up in a ball with your arms around your head, white smoke from the engine rose slowly as the smells of fluids combining welcomed your eyes back open.

The horrific crash caused Jay to slow his bike and pull it beside the totalled car. With the delivery truck on one side and a traffic light post crunching the car beyond repair. Shutting off the engine, he removed his helmet before rushing to the back door.

“________! _____!” Jay called your name as his eyes searched through all of the damage to try and find you.

“Jay…” You called back, your body mangled on the crumpled floorboards of the car.

Hearing the small peep of your voice, Jay began to work the pinned door open. Looking around, he grabbed a piece of metal that looked like a crow bar. Prying the door open, the sound of metal crunching caused your eyes to finally open to blurry vision.

“Jay” You called again, hoping that he was there.

“Right here” Jay reached out as you blinked a few times until he came into view. The warmth of his touch once it brushed across your skin, caused relief to flood through your body. “Give me a minute and I’ll get you out of here”

Nodding your head gently, you felt a weight get lifted off of your body. Crawling into the mangled car, Jay quickly assessed the damage of your injuries.

“Do you think you can stand?” Jay questioned, his fingertips running across your forehead to push some hair away from your eyes. “Anything hurt?”

“My wrists hurt…” You whispered lifting them up as they were still conjoined with the zip tie, “My ankles hurt too, and my head…”

“That doesn’t sound too bad, I can patch you up back at home” Jay brushed the backs of his fingers down your cheek as you nodded and leaned into his warm, comforting touch.

Pulling out a knife from his pocket, he released your wrists from the zip tie before helping you move your body from the confines of the car, Jay lifted you out from the dislocated back bench and the wreckage. Allowing his arms to hold you upright, you moved your legs underneath you before slowly starting to add weight to them.

“How do they feel?” Jay questioned as he peered into your eyes, looking for any sign of pain or discomfort.

“Like jello” You giggled, trying to make light of the situation.

“Alright this is the last time we go to a bar that has jello shots, or you will be making jokes like this all night” Jay smiled as he knew that you couldn’t have been too hurt if you were joking with him.

Helping you over to his bike, he mounted first and then helped you behind him. Handing you his matte black helmet, he started his bike as the sound of sirens began to blare through the city between the skyscrapers. Leaning forward, you tighten your arms around him as he sped off towards his home. Feeling every breath you take and your heartbeat, he continued to focus on what he could feel of your vitals to make sure that nothing was going to happen on the transfer home.

Pulling into the parking lot, he slowed the Ducati and pulled it into the usual spot. Allowing you to dismount first, he wrapped his arm around you before he took the helmet and helped you inside. Punching in the combination code to enter his condo, the door opened with a happy chime before helping you inside.

Guiding you through the condo, he lead you back to his bedroom. Easing you down onto a blue duvet covered his bed, his hand guided your head down to grey pillows rested against the headboard. A sigh of relief spilt from your lips as your eyes closed due to the comfy bed and the safety of his home.

“I’ll be right back with a change of clothes” Jay whispered as you nodded in agreement. Hearing a door within the room open, you took in another deep breath allowing your body to relax from the night’s events.

Jay watched from his closet door as he pulled out his phone and tapped a three way conversation with Gray and Simon.

______ is at the condo with me. - Jay

Flipping through his clothes, he settled on a black tank top and a pair of grey boxers, thinking it would be comfy and easy to clean your wounds as well. Stepping out of his closet, his eyes fell on your exhausted body curled up against his duvet. Approaching the bed slowly, he eased himself down on the bed as you felt the bed dip to accommodate his weight. Your eyes opened from the added weight on the bed.

“You want to change or do you need some help?” Jay questioned as you sat up slightly.

“I think I can manage” You whispered as you attempted to push yourself upright.

“Call if you need anything, I will just be outside the door” Jay made sure that you sat up alright before he stood up from the bed and made his leave.

Dropping your eyes, you saw the small pile of clothes sitting next to your knee. A black tank top sat on top as the grey boxers rested underneath. Smiling towards the door, you carefully peeling your jean jacket from your sore arms. Lifting your torn dress over your head, you then began to slip on his boxers then pull the tank top down over your head. Leaning back, the cool air pouring in from his open window brushed against your exposed skin before he knocked.

“May I come in?” He questioned not wanting to intrude

“You may” You replied as your tired eyes opened to see him enter back into the room with a first aid kit.

Jay’s eyes instantly fell on you and your figure underneath his clothes, causing an instant smile to pull on his lips. “Looks like my clothes fit”

“Not to mention comfy too” You complimented as he took a seat on the bed.

“These will help with the pain, and swelling” Jay unfolded his left hand, revealing two capsules cradled in the palm of his hand. Nodding your head, you lifted your hand up, in an attempt to grab the pills, your hands began to shake then proceed to ache as you leaned back and closed your eyes.

“Open up then” Jay whispered, not wanting to strain yourself. Leaning back, you opened your mouth as he rested one capsule on your tongue. Grabbing the water glass from his bedside table, he angled the straw between your lips before you drank down the first capsule then the second.

“I’m just going to clean you up, just relax” Jay smiled as he saw your half lidded eyes already start to fall over your beautiful eyes.

“Thank you” You whispered before you closed your eyes once more.

Starting on your legs, he began to tend to the cuts and scrapes that littered your flawless skin. Humming to various songs quietly, Jay continued to work while you fell fast asleep. Placing bandages, wraps and ointment on all of your wounds, he wrapped your wrists from the invasive ties before working lovingly on the cuts on your face.

Once he was all done, he peered down at your sleeping figure. Feeling overwhelmed with loving emotion towards you, he hesitantly leaned towards you, taking a big step he pressed his soft lips against your forehead, leaving you a kiss laced with his full emotions for you. Pulling back from the kiss, he cleaned up the first aid kit before placing a light blanket over your figure. Keeping a lamp on next to the bedside, he entered into the bathroom and proceeded to clean up himself.

Once he was all patched up with a t shirt and basketball shorts outfitting his figure, he exited the room and shuffled into the kitchen to satisfy his grumbling stomach, Not long after he started making enough dinner for not only you and him, but for the other two as well; Gray and Simon walked through the door.

“What took you guys so long?” Jay questioned as he allowed the water to boil to ramen.

“Police reports take f o r e v e r…” Gray whined, dragging out the last word in that sentence.

“How is she?” Simon questioned seeing a soft light come from Jay’s room.

“She is gonna live, she has a few bruises, a headache and cuts but nothing to take her in over” Jay reasoned as he added the noodles into the boiling water joined with spices.

“Tell us what happened then!” Gray happily sat on one of the bar stools in the condo as Simon listened in to Jay recount what had happened after he took off on Simon’s bike. Nearing the end of the story, Jay served the ramen into four different bowls.

“I’ll go see if she is awake” Simon offered as he carefully shuffled over to Jay’s door. Pushing the door open slightly, Simon peered in to see your body peacefully sleeping on Jay’s bed still. Heading back into the kitchen, they left your bowl in the middle of the three guys just in case you woke up to the scent of food.

“You know you two would really be cute together” Grey commented lifting a bite of noodles to his lips.

“She is just so gorgeous, not to mention talented, sweet and kind too.” Simon added blowing off his noodles before guiding the bunch of noodles to his lips.

“She is just a friend” Jay tried to reason, finishing off his bite in his mouth.

“Yeeeaaaah suuuuuure” Grey sung with a convincing tone in his voice.

“She is” Jay defended giving both guys a stern look.

“If she was just a friend, why did you look at her that way in the picture the whole fandom is talking about?” Simon turned his phone around to show Jay the captured picture.

“She is just a friend” Jay tried to convince them once again.

“Why did you go after her and fight for her if she was just a friend?” Grey questioned beginning the interrogation.

“Because that is what you do for friends” Jay reasoned as the two guys just smiled and shook their heads knowing Jay better than that.

“She really does like you though, like she is smitten” Simon confesses, knowing your feelings towards Jay and Jay’s feelings for you.

“You just need to make the move” Grey added with a smile as Jay looked back over towards the door.

“She really is beautiful, I don’t know how you manage to not fall for her when you two are so close” Simon added

“On top of that, you two have a history! Don’t you remember, when you moved here from Seattle, you couldn’t stop talking about this girl?! Well now, here she is waiting for you to make the first move. She went into the music industry, joined the same company as you and moved halfway across the world just to be with you!” Grey reminded, “If that doesn’t say love, I don’t know what will.”

The room went silent just before a phone rung originating from your room. Picking up the call, you began to speak in french, flawless french while working out a business deal with one of your parent’s clients back home.

“Do you hear this?!?!” Grey strained his whisper, “She speaks french… beautifully…”

“If that isn’t hot to you, then I don’t know what is” Simon smirked causing Jay to blush profusely

“That woman is literally perfect, in every way” Grey ran his hand through his hair.

“Dude, you really should just wife her up” Simon expressed his voice of reason.

“I’ll think about it” Jay remarked a smile not leaving his face anytime soon.

“What is there to think about?!” The two men replied in unison as they followed Jay back to the room.

Pushing through the door without another word, you ended the call with a smile just before lifting your eyes to see Jay enter your room with a bowl of food cradled in his hand..

“I was wondering what was smelling so good” You smiled as you pushed yourself upright on the bed.

“You’re too kind” Jay blushed as the other two stayed at the door, peering in through the small gap between the door and the frame.

-  4 months later  -

“I knew he would get the girl” Simon whispered as Grey and him spied on you and Jay cuddling on the bed, fast asleep as the movie continued to play, seeing a matching set happy grins pulled on both pair of lips.