CHAPTER 3

A Favorite Memory

JIMIN POV

 

I came back to the dorm exactly two hours after I left. The members will definitely get mad if they find out that I went out. "Where have you been?" Namjoon hyung who was standing at the door asked. "You gave me a fright!" I was surprised to see him up so early. "I went for a run and grabbed breakfast on my way" I lied. Good thing I bought them pancakes and waffles too so they won't be suspicious. "Wow, pancakes. I like pancakes" Taehyung, who's still half asleep grabbed the bag I was holding and sniffed it. "I dont smell strawberry syrup here" he rubbed his eyes. "They don't have strawberry syrup today, there's maple there though" I walked towards Taehyung who's still yawning. I took the pancakes and waffles out of the bag and prepared their breakfast. "Jimin is in a good mood today" Hoseok hyung butted in. He sat next to Taehyung and leaned on his shoulder. "I'll go wake the other members up. We have to go to the studio in an hour" Namjoon hyung said in a typical leader way. "I don't like pancakes. Jimin-ah, make me some coffee" Yoongi hyung lied down on the couch hugging his pillow. Jungkook who's always the fastest one took a shower already. I texted Yien again because she didn't reply on my first message. "You're gonna watch me right?" after a few minutes, she replied "I have a lot of things to do, might watch it on replay" I frowned. This girl is challenging me. I dont know if she's playing hard to get or it's just her personality. I like it. Even from the very first time I met her, I can't get her off my mind. She's something else. There's something attractive about her. I think we're destined to meet again. I searched for her like crazy but because of our busy schedule, I didn't get to finish my hunt. "Okay, watch me blow a kiss for you" I cringed when I sent that message. Im not the type of guy who's cheesy but when it comes to her, I feel the need to impress. I immediately prepared for the interview. We arrived ten minutes early so I had an extra time. I thought I'd call her but Taehyung won't leave me alone. "Jimin-ah, do you wanna play while we wait for our stylist noona?" he smiled cutely. I cant say no to that. "What are we going to play?" I asked and led him to the couch. "I know you didn't go for a run this morning" he whispered to my ears. I was in shock. Does he know? My heart was beating so fast. "Ayy what are you talking about" i gently pinched his cheeks. "You can't lie to me, I'm your best friend" he winked at me and left me speechless. I followed him to ask him what he knows when Rapmon hyung called us in.

 

"Taehyung-ah, tell me what you meant earlier. I'm getting anxious" I wrapped my arms around his waist. He can't possibly know about her. I'm pretty sure I was careful about it. "Is that why you're all silent during the interview? I was just joking around, there's no reason for you to be anxious unless you're hiding something" he removed my arms from him and winked again. I know he knows something. He's acting differently. I smell something fishy. "Taehyung-ah, come on. If you tell me what you meant, I'll tell you a secret" I linked my arms with his and dragged him to the dressing room. "Tell me" I sat in front of Taehyung with my arms crossed and my heart beating like a drum. "Let me just ask you a question. Are you dating someone?" he straightforwardly asked. My eyes widened and my heart skipped a beat. "What are you talking about" I can barely smile at him. "I heard your phone call, I read your messages. I know you're up to something. The hyungs probably know about it too" he suddenly have a serious expression on his face. "I'm not dating anyone. I swear. I'm just following this girl around because I think she's cool" I told him honestly. "Do you like her?" he looked at me with his eyes opened wide. "Sort of but I won't let if affect our promotions. Trust me on this" I sighed. "Why are you two alone here?" Hobi hyung suddenly entered the room "I was looking for you everywhere! Lets hurry, we have another schedule, don't we?" he gestured us to go out of the room. Telling Taehyung about it made me feel at ease, at least there's someone I can tell my secrets to. My bestfriend, I know he won't let me down.

 

NARRATOR'S POV

 

BTS' interview already started when you turned your tv on. You were preoccupied with the house chores that you almost forgot about it. They were talking about their upcoming album and how many concerts they have left before they finish their world tour. You noticed Jimin spacing out during the interview. He looked uneasy. You wondered if there's something bothering him. You wanted to call him but he's working and you thought you might just bother him. You turned the tv off and lie down your couch. You typed BTS on google and tried to memorize the member's names and faces. All of them are so damn gorgeous, you thought. You started listening to their songs and you're surprised to find them so good and catchy. You were jamming so hard to BTS songs that you forgot about the time. Your growling stomach took you back to your senses. It's already 1:30pm when you checked your watch. You stood up, grabbed your jacket and headed out to the convenience store to get some food. While you were walking, you got a message from Jimin. "Can we meet tonight? I have something to tell you" his text was so plain so it sounded serious. Your heart was beating so fast and you're nervous. What could it be? You thought of all the things you did and tried to figure out if you did something wrong. You felt sick to your stomach so you decided to just go home. "Can't you say it on text? I'm getting nervous" you honestly replied. "I'll come over after our next interview. It will probably take an hour" he said. "Okay. I'll be waiting" you sent your reply and closed your eyes trying to calm your heart. You breathe in and out until you fall asleep.

 

You were awoken by the ringing of your door and your phone. Jimin is already outside. You ran towards the door and opened it. You're surprised to see him holding a flower and a paper bag that says "Olive chicken" you automatically thought about food and your stomach started growling. You suddenly remembered how you skipped lunch because you were too nervous to eat. "I've been ringing you for almost 30 minutes, you sleepyhead" he handed you the flower and went straight to your living room. "You took three hours to get here. It's a good thing I fell asleep" you yawn as you close the  door. "I brought you dinner just in case" he smiled as he took out the chicken box. It smells so good. Your stomach growled again. "You've been coming over a lot lately. What do you want to tell me?" you asked while taking a bite on the chicken. "Let's talk after you eat" he smiled and gave you another piece. After you finished eating, you turned back to Jimin who was lying on your couch with his eyes closed. 'He's probably tired' you thought to yourself. You went to check if he's sleeping. "Jimin" you poked him. "Jimin-ah, wake up" you poked him again. There was no reaction. He's probably sleeping so you decided to leave him alone. You were about to head to the kitchen when he grabbed your hand and pulled you to his chest. He was hugging you so tight. You tried to resist and get off but he whispered "Let's stay like this for another minute" you can feel the sincerity in his voice. Your heart was pounding, he can probably hear it but his heart is calm and is beating normally. After a minute, he let go of you and sat down on the couch. "I'll just wash my hands" your eyes are still wide from the shock you just experienced a few seconds ago. You walked towards the kitchen blankly. 'Why did he do that?' you kept on asking yourself. Your heart is pounding, you feel flushed. You dried your hands and headed back to the living room. Jimin was still sitting there scrolling on his phone. "What did you want to talk about?" you asked him as you sat down the couch. "Nothing really, I just wanted to hang out. I've had a long day" he cracked his back and stretched his arms. "I can tell" you faked a smile. You were nervous for nothing. "Anyway I should get going, my hyungs are probably looking for me already, I told them I'm just going to buy dinner" he stood up and pat your head. You led him to the door and said goodbye but before you can close the door, Jimin stole a peck on your cheek then ran fast towards the stairs. You were flustered, you almost fell on your knees. "Jimin really is something" you smiled to yourself.