CHAPTER 2

A Favorite Memory

Five months later...

 

"Submit your projects by the end of the month and I'll see you next semester" your professor in Biology dismissed the class an hour early today. It's summer vacation. You will be on your third year next sem and you can't wait. You teamed up with your classmate, Woo Jin for the project. You have to make an illustration of the digestive system using scrap materials. You were never good at arts. You can't even draw a dog. "Hey, do you want to come over to do the project tonight?" Woojin approached you. "Tonight? Sure. I'll finish my part time at 7pm" you said while checking your work schedule. You're finally adapting to the Korean culture. Life became easier after you moved to a cheaper place. "Let's meet at The Gelato later. See you" Woojin then left in an instant. You were fixing your stuff when your phone rang. It's MinAh, she kept bothering you to go to BTS' concert. You didn't want to go because you're still bitter about Jimin not calling you at all. You didn't want to expect anything but you can't help it. You were swoon over Jimin the first few weeks after meeting him. You can't get him off your mind but you didn't have the courage to call first. You declined her call and headed to your part time job.

 

"Come on, I'll buy the tickets. Just go with me please" MinAh kept begging. She works at the restaurant too. She's actually the person who introduced you to the owner. You've been close friends ever since. "I have a lot to do on Saturday. We have a project in Biology to work on" you rejected her. It's true that you have a project but you can't tell her that you just don't wanna see Jimin because if you tell her that you met him she'll say you're delusional. "I'll make your project for you. I'll buy you lunch for a week. Just go with me. I dont wanna go alone. Pleaseeee" she held your hand and pouted. "Pretty please" you couldn't resist her puppy eyes. "Fine. I'll go. Just this once. Meet my Bio partner at The Gelato later at 7. I'll extend my work here, I need more money so I can adopt Dongmannie" you gave her Woojin's phone number. "Omg really? Thank you! You're the best!" she jumped in excitement. You're doomed, though not really. Its not like something happened between Jimin and you. You merely had ramen with him at your house. No big deal. You can do that with other stangers too, you told yourself. It's nothing.. You tried to convince yourself.

 

The dreadful day has come. In a few minutes, BTS' concert will start. MinAh is such a big fan, she bought SVIP tickets. "I'll make sure to tell your mom that you spend your allowance buying expensive concert tickets" you . "They hold a concert only once a year, it won't hurt to watch a once a year concert you know" she winked and raised her lightstick in the air. Its what they call an army bomb. You have an army bomb too since it's a must have during concerts. The lights suddenly dimmed and the music started to play. Everyone was cheering. You're not bored but you don't feel like cheering with them since you're not a fan. BTS members started singing and they appeared on stage one by one. The screaming and cheering became louder and louder, overpowering the music. The fans started to sing along. You felt like you don't belong there. You don't even know any BTS song. You shook your head and just pretended to have fun. They sung a total of six songs for the first part. You didn't have a good sight of Jimin because he always stand on the other side of the stage and that's a relief. On the second part of the show, they did a solo stage. Jimin's solo performance was jaw dropping. Your heart was beating so fast, you thought it was going to explode. He looks so different on stage. His charisma is overflowing. One wink and you'll die. Jimin is hella y when he dance. They started the third part of the concert by singing mellow songs. One was playing the piano and the other one was playing the guitar. They sung beautifully, You, who is not a fan almost teared up. You were so into the song that you were staring at Jimin the whole time. You caught his eye and stared at each other for a few seconds. You almost lost your balance when he smiled and waved at you, like he was glad to see you. You turned around and tried to get out of the SVIP area but there were too many people blocking the way. MinAh pulled you back to her side. You saw Jimin looking at you again so you became conscious. You don't want to assume things but he always steal short glances until the concert ended. The crowd cheered for the last time before going out of the concert venue. It felt surreal. It was amazing. Probably the best concert you've ever seen, but you promised yourself that you're not gonna be a fan because that will be a big trouble for you.

 

"Hey, I'll just go to the rest room. Do you wanna come?" Minah asked holding her bladder. "I'll just wait for you here" you stood at the side of the exit. Surely there's a lot of people in the rest room. You were waiting patiently for Minah when someone grabbed your hand and dragged you to the backstage. Looking at the height and how he disguised himself, you can tell that it's Jimin. "Let go of me" you tried to resist his grip. "Shh, we'll talk when we get to my dressing room" he whispered. "I'll shout for help if you don't let go" you tried to pull your hand from him but he's too strong. He took you to an empty room. "I thought you said it's your dressing room?" you asked. He finally let go of your hand. "I didn't expect to see you here" he looked excited. "I don't think we're too close to be dragging each other in an empty room. This will count as ual harrassment, do you know that?" you threatened him. "When did you move out of your apartment? I went there a few times but you dont live there anymore" he suddenly looked serious. You feel like you're being interrogated by your boyfriend. "I don't think we have the kind of relationship to be asking about each other's personal lives" you moved a step back. "My friend is waiting for me, I have to go" you tried to grab the door knob but he blocked the way. "There was never a moment that I wasn't thinking of you" he suddenly hugged you. You were in complete shock, you can't move an inch. "What..what are you doing" you can barely breathe. "I was going to call you but I lost my phone during our tour in Thailand. When we got back to Korea, I went to your house but you weren't there. I tried to ask the landlord for your number but he refused to give out their ex-tenant's information. You have no idea how much I tried to look for you. I thought I lost you forever" he held your face, stared at it and hugged you again. You were utterly lost. You removed his embrace and flicked his forhead. "Are you drunk? Do you know what you're saying? Because I don't" you turned around and tried to calm yourself. "I don't know what's wrong with me either. All I know is I want to get to know you better. Can we be friends?" he pleaded. He pulled his phone out and handed it to you "Type in your number again, I atleast want to save it" he took your hand when you didn't reach for it. "It's not like I'm waiting for you to call or anything" you grabbed it and rang your phone. "Don't make promises you can't keep, okay?" you were about to flee the room when he held your hand. "I have to go now, but I swear, I'll see you again soon" before you can say anything, he vanished in the thin air. "What the hell just happened?" you fell on your knees. Something incredibly unimaniginable just happened. "Does that mean he likes me?" your mind and heart were debating if its real or not. You were lost in thoughts when your phone rang. "Hello" you answered in monotone, not even knowing who was in the other line. "Where are you!? They're almost closing!" Minah hollered on the other line. "Oh my god, okay I'm coming!" you sprinted out of the door.

 

"Where did you go? You didn't try to stalk the boys did you?" Minah was curious to the bones. "Of course not, I was looking for another rest room" you lied. You're already calm but your mind still can't believe what happened in that empty room. It can't be. It's impossible. "I'm going this way, I have to run an errand for my mom before I go home. See you" Minah kissed your cheeks and bid goodbye. "Make sure you finish my project before the end of the month or else you're dead" you blew kisses and waved her goodbye. You kept thinking about Jimin as you walk home. Is he even real? Your mind and heart is still battling. He can't be serious. But he looked serious to the point that it was scary. Your phone rang as soon as you entered your apartment. "Why are you calling again? We just parted" you crankily answered the phone. "I think we parted about two hours ago already" a familiar voice spoke on the other line. You checked your phone and saw that it wasn't Minah who called. "Ohhhh, I thought it was a different person" you hit your head gently from embarrassment. "I just called to check if you got home safely" his sweet voice was giving you butterflies. "I did, thanks. This feels weird." you bit your lips. "Why? It's just right for your future boyfriend to call and check if you got home safe, right?" he chuckled. You almost peed your pants after hearing what he said. "Don't go overboard" you tried to sound annoyed when in reality, you want to jump for joy. "Alright, I'm sorry. Thank you for coming to the concert. I'll give you an invitation next time. I want to hang out tonight but I'm too tired. I'll come see you next time. Goodnight" he softly whispered. "Hmm, the concert was great. Goodnight" with that, you ended the call. "IS THIS A DREAM!?" you asked yourself because if it is, you don't want to wake up.

 

A ringing sound woke you up from your slumber, you reached for your phone and saw Jimin calling. 'This boy never lets me live' you sighed as you answer your phone. "Good morning! Let's have breakfast together" he excitedly said as soon as you answered. "Jimin, it's 5:30am. I'm barely awake" you muttered in a husky voice. "I have a schedule at 1o. I'm free for two hours. I'll pick you up, text me your current address" he said and dropped the call. After 20 minutes, your doorbell rang, you haven't even finished showering. You jolted out of the shower and dressed up as fast as you can. Your towel is still wrapped on your head when you opened the door. "Good morning!" he greeted with a smile on his face. "I can't believe you're seeing me at this state" you closed the door and proceeded to brush your teeth. "I feel like I'm waiting for my girlfriend to prepare for a date. It feels weird but I'm excited for some reason" he was shrugging his shoulders while smiling widely. "Can we even have a proper breakfast without your paparazzis? I don't want my face to be all over the internet" you grabbed your bag and walked out of the door. Jimin followed you out. He was disguising himself again. He was wearing a mask to hide his face. "You look weird" you laughed. "Don't tease me, I'll go out without any disguise once I reveal our relationship" he grinned and held your hand. You two are walking hand in hand. He opened the car door for you. "What a gentleman" you blushed. You still can't believe everything that's happening, you feel like things are moving too fast but you just go with the flow. "What do you want for breakfast?" he asked while starting the engine. "Anything will do" you replied, fastening the seatbelt.

 

Jimin bought waffle and pancake for breakfast and took you near the sea. You've always wanted to see the ocean but the timing don't work out. "Waa, this is beautiful" you exclaimed, breathing the salty air in. "You're more beautiful than the scenery" he blurted out. His statement made you blush. You just grabbed the waffle and ate it to conceal your smile. "Is it okay if I take you out on dates like this everytime I'm in Korea?" he asked, looking at you with sincerity on his face. "I don't mind, really" you smiled at him. "Smile will you?" you stretched his lips. "Your eyes disappear whenever you smile, it's so funny" you scoffed. "Do you know how many people wants to touch my face? You're lucky I like you" he pinched your cheeks. You froze for a second, your face was literally red and you started having hiccups. "Don't say nonsense" you turned your back from him and slapped your face gently. Everything he say is so smooth, it makes your heart flutter.

 

Jimin dropped you home after an hour. You feel so happy you can literally die at this very moment. You're floating on cloud 9. You feel like you'll fall in love with him at any minute. The smile on your face never disappear. You're in a perfectly good mood until you remember the chores you have to do. A few minutes after Jimin left, he sent you a text message. "Open your tv and watch me at 10am". 'How bossy' you said. You have a lot of things to do including your written report in Biochemistry but Jimin won't let you live.