Chapter 1

Remember Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 1

September 23, 2017

“Why aren’t we allowed to go into D sector again?” Jeon So Min asks, she sits in the center of the rec room, cross legged on a wooden chair that faces the darker corner of the hospital. Her leg begins to shake fervently.

“Because it’s off limits,” Kim Matthew mutters around a big bite of his sloppily made burrito.

“I know it’s off limits Matt,” Somin says exasperated, “I’m asking why?”

“What does it matter? The buildings closed off, no one goes in there. End of story.”

Somin turns to Jeon Ji Woo, the girl was the newest member to their misfit group. She was admitted just last week.

Somin fidgets behind the girls guarded stare, “Just curious, I thought I saw one of the nurses head down that way.”

“Impossible,” Matthew mumbles, he takes a split second to swallow and gulps down the remnants of his apple juice, “That end of the hospital has been closed for years. I heard it’s where they kept the psychos, the people who were beyond the facilities treatment, people like Taehyung.”

“Shut up you bastard,” Taehyung punches Matthew in the upper arm but it looks like it hurts him more than it hurt Matt, “I’m not untreatable.”

“Oh yeah,” Matthew glares, sizing up the smaller boy, “How many times you been under the knife? Four is it? And your old memories keep coming back?”

Taehyung looks away, avoiding Matthews gaze, “I’ve only been operated on three times, it’s not my fault the doctors don’t know what they’re doing.”

If only being here a week made Jiwoo the newbie, that made Taehyung the Senior, Kim Tae Hyung is the oldest patient in Sunny Hill’s Valley. He has been here three months and counting. The first time he had gotten the operation the nurse messed up on The Extraction; the removal of his old memories. Taehyung had received new ones but the old ones were still there. The second and third times however, were a mystery. He should have been cured by now but for some reason Taehyung's mind wouldn’t retain the new memories.

As a result of this the staff needed him around for further testing, they still promised him they would find a solution but no one, not even Taehyung himself believed them anymore.

Unlike Taehyung, Somin and Matthew are the lucky ones. They had only been in Sunny Hill’s Valley no longer than a month. Both had under gone the procedure and were in the last steps of the process; the Recovery State.

Ji Woo's first surgery was scheduled in three days.

The table became quiet. No one said it out loud but they were all thinking the same thing, all, even Matthew, were pitying Taehyung.

No one really knew what h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter