chapter 1 lol.

Protect Me

Jungkook stood in front of probably the ugliest man he has ever had the misfortune to stand up against, his left arm tightly wrapped around the man they’ve been chasing for probably 2 years counting the technical parts, 3 months now since they’ve been on the run. The man was one of worst criminals in Jungkook’s book and he has dealt with all of them. He was the head boss of one of the biggest drug dealing and women trafficking gangs in Korea, and he finally has him in his hand. He knows that the man has men working for him all around Asia and the case is in nowhere closed, but he knows getting their boss behind the bars was half the battle and it’d be easier to track down his followings.

Jungkook had his gun connected to the culprit’s head, his eyes not leaving the ones of the ugly man in front of him, who was the leader’s right hand, himself having a half girl that was worth a fortune, trembling in the same position as his boss. Before Jungkook had the chance to make his next move, he heard a gunshot coming from behind him and the ugly man was knocked to the ground, groaning in pain from his wounded shoulder. The girl run back with a high pitched scream as she fell down against the wall, pulling her legs up to her chest as she cried violently.

The man in Jungkook’s hands tried to move, only earning himself a punch to the face by Jungkook before he looked back to where the ugly man fell down, as he saw Taehyung pinning him to the floor and cuffing his wrists behind his back. When he pulled back, 3 of their agents rushed over the keep the man down because he was double the size of all of them.. Yoongi rushed over to the teenager with his coat, trying to calm the panic attack she was having with soft words and pain filled eyes. There was nothing Yoongi hated more than rapists and ual offenders, that’s why he and his team chose this case as soon as they got its warrant.

Jungkook only acknowledged the pain in his shoulder when the man in his arms’ weight got heavier, passing out from the punch. He looked over as he saw his white dress shirt darkening in the crimson color of his own blood, he cursed as he looked back to Taehyung who was looking at him with a big boxy smile like they didn’t just kill most of the population of this mansion minutes ago.

« What the Taehyung you almost ing shot me and you put the girl in danger »

« But I didn’t. »

« The bullet barely missed my shoulder you little »

« But it did, and I basically saved your life » Taehyung said again with the same smile like it was the happiest day of his life, which probably was because they’ve been on the chase for these guys for 3 months and it was getting a little tiring if you asked him.

« Right, what would I do without you? » Jungkook rolled his eyes at his best friend with the sarcastic remark as he went to cuff the boss’s unconscious body, knowing he would wake up sooner or later. Which he did not 2 minutes after the cuffs locked his wrists behind his back. He turned to look at the tall secret agents with an ugly scowl screaming that his other men will come for them. Jungkook’s head started hurting from the man’s ugly voice as he pulled his gun out and fired it aiming at the man’s leg, making sure to miss any main veins and bones because Jungkook was not mean, he just wanted to shut him up. Namjoon, their special forces team’s captain looked over at the sound of the gun and the man’s more annoying shouts of pain, thinking that they missed one of the criminals, only to be met with sight of Junkook’s gun still aimed at the cuffed man and questioned :

« Jeon, what the ? »

Jungkook rolled his eyes again, more from the captain still insisting on calling his men by their last name while they’re working, even though they’re so close in real life and none of them bother with the formalities anymore except, well their boring captain.

« Hyung he’s annoying and I was just trying to silence him »

« And you achieve that by shooting him for no reason? »

Taehyung snorted at that and said: « I wouldn’t say for not reason this guy’s a he deserved it »

« True that » Yoongi added. Namjoon sighed, not wanting to get too into the argument because his men were crazy bastards with no moral sense whatsoever. Namjoon’s phone rang in his pocket, he looked down at the caller ID before answering:

“Yes Jung.” Hoseok sighed from the other side of the line and said:

“Are we still not over the last names Namjoon?”

They heard arrival of the backup that they no longer needed, coming out of the battle with minimal scratches. But they were happy that they would finally put the gang members behind bars, well the ones who were still alive that is.

“Why are calling if you’re already here?”

“Just making sure you’re alive geez!”

“Everyone’s alive you’re kinda late.”

“ANYWAYS, I’m calling because I stayed back, me and Seokjin hyung found out new information about the locations of Choi’s men In China and Taiwan, so hurry back we have a lot to discuss.”

“Okay Jung, we’ll be there soon.” Namjoon hang up without waiting for a reply, knowing Hoseok is probably cursing and asking Seokjin how could he marry such an .

« Let’s go home before I put the last bullet i have in my head » Jungkook said as he thought back to his husband and their son that he hasn’t seen or spoken to in three months, excitement and anxiety bubbling up in his stomach. This was one of their longest missions and he and his husband were not on the best terms when it came to their relationship. They are going through a rough time, mostly because of the younger’s dangerous and demanding Job, but Jungkook wanted nothing but to hold his husband right now, tell him that he missed him and that he would never leave for such a long time again. But he knew that wouldn’t happen, he knew that they would probably spend the whole night screaming at each other until they woke up their son, his husband ending up going to calm the 3 year old boy who was now 6, the boy doesn’t cry anymore. Or at least not loudly that he alarms his parents. Jungkook would end up sleeping on the couch for how long, he didn’t know. By the time they would make up with wounds still fresh and tender, Jungkook would probably have to leave for another mission.

« Don’t get too happy Jeon, we have a long day of reports to write on Monday » Namjoon reminded him calmly, making all his men groan in unison because who likes to write reports ? All they wanted to do was to fire their guns and bring the most dangerous men of the country to justice. But it was just something they had to deal with.

 

 

 

 

 

 

By the time Jungkook got home after he got to wash up and get his wounds treated in the hospital so he would look decently presentable, it was 11:35 pm. He opened the front door to find the light still on which was strange. It was a school night which meant his husband still has classes to teach early the next morning, and he usually goes to sleep by 10 pm at most on school nights, especially when his husband is late at work.

« Babe I’m home. » Jungkook called out, as he stepped into the living room, his heart stopped as he was met with his son fully clothed in heavy winter clothes, sleeping soundly on the couch. He took a shaky breath as his mind wondered to the worst scenarios he could come up with as to why his son was ready to go out at 11 pm. This couldn’t possibly be happening could it? No there’s no way, no way, he won’t do this to me. Jungkook quickly moved to the direction of their bedroom, basically running to the door, he pulled it open to find Jimin rushing to fit as much clothes as he can in a big baby blue suitcase. He stared at him with wide eyes, the breath knocked off his chest, as he watched his husband of 5 years, fiancé of 1 year and boyfriend of 3 years, almost in a panic mode as he rushed to close the suitcase, eyes bloodshot red, lips puffy and cheeks red from what could only be crying.

Deep down he knew exactly what was going on, all the signs were there and he wasn’t stupid. He has caught the smartest and most dangerous people in Korea in less than a few months he was in nowhere stupid. But he wanted to be just that at the moment, his mind shutting down and he was sent into the biggest state of denial he has ever experienced. He walked over with careful steps, swallowing doing and trying to be as calm as he possibly could.

« Baby what’s going on? What is all this? » Jimin looked up at the face of his husband, the love of his life, the face of the man he barely sees anymore for a few weeks in a year, eyes scared, broad shoulders shaking, handsome sharp features looking so painful, the color draining from his complexion. He thought he was dreaming, looking now at the bravest most confident man he has ever known and loved, the man who wasn’t scared of sharp knives and bullets coming his way. Never would he have thought he would ever see him with the most scared expression on his face, not even trying to hide it, as he looked at him with glossy painful and hopeful eyes. Jimin swallowed down the lump in his throat, he went to collect his phone, charger, earphones and wallet and dumping them in his backpack, shaking his head as if to remind himself of the cold lonely nights he spent alone in his bed not knowing if his husband was still breathing somewhere, the anxiety taking over his body like a dark shadow, filling him with thoughts and worries, everyday waiting for a call that would invite him to his own husband’s funeral. You already made your decision, there’s no going back now.

« Baby, are you going somewhere? P-perhaps your parents’ house? I just came back baby can’t you stay? »

Jimin didn’t answer as he pulled his coat over his body and wrapped a thick scarf around his neck with shaking hands and labored breaths. Jungkook already knew but he didn’t wanna admit it, denying the harsh truth with every fiber of his being as he continued on:

« I-I mean I know you probably made plans and I just came back out of the blue so I-I don’t think I have the right to stop you know.. I-I can drive you? You know it’s winter and it’s late at night.. H-How long are you staying there? 3 d-days? A week? 2 we-eeks? I mean it’s okay I can just come visit and-.. »

« I’m leaving Jungkook. »

The words pierced through jungkook’s chest like hot iron knives twisting and burning him from the inside out. It was the most painful thing he has ever experienced, the bullets and stabs he got doing his job felt like a nail scratch compared to what he was feeling right now.. The tears finally escaped his eyes, streaming down his face, he reached for jimin but the smaller man took two steps back.

« What do you m-mean? »

« I want a divorce, I can’t do this anymore » Jimin was trying his best to keep his composure, trying his best to not let his voice crack and to keep from crying. It wasn’t as hard as he thought it would be, he has spent most of his nights crying himself to sleep, waking up in cold sweats from nightmares that didn’t feel further from a reality that was chasing his every waking hour. At the moment, standing in front of the love of his life, a strong man breaking down before his eyes, he just felt tired, really really tired.

« You’re joking right? Jimin tell me this is a joke! Please tell me this is a joke to punish me for being the worst husband and father in the world please b-baby.. »

« I left the divorce papers on your desk; sign them before January 15th if you want to make this easier for both of us. I don’t want anything from you, not money, not the house not anything. All I’m keeping is my car and my personal belongings, and I’m taking Changkyun with me. If you don’t agree to my conditions you can speak to my lawyer and we can solve everything in court, his number is in the documents as well. »

Jungkook rushed to Jimin, he took his delicate small hands in his rough scared big ones, he fell down to his knees, pulling them to his face as he kissed his knuckles with tear wet lips. When he looked up he was sobbing with shaky breaths and cracking voice:

« Baby please d-don’t do this! Please we can talk about this, we can get through this baby please I’ll do anything! Don’t leave me! I-I’ll quit my job I’ll do whatever you ask me to do, nothing is worth losing you please please! » Jungkook was screaming by the end of his reply.

Jimin pulled his hands away, moving to pull the straps of his backpack over his shoulders as he turned to Jungkook one time and for all.

« There is nothing to talk about Jungkook, we talked about this so many times, we screamed we shouted we hurt each other and I am tired of it all. I don’t want you to quit your job for me, you will never be happy that way and I know that. If you quit now, we will end up here next year in the exact same place having the exact same conversation we’re having right now because you gave up something you love for me and I will make you misreable. It’s my entire fault. I-I thought I could do this, I thought I could deal with this but I can’t, I’m depressed I can’t eat I can’t sleep and when I do I have nightmares and I don’t want to witness them when they become true. So don’t quit for me, I already made my decision and that won’t change. »

« J-Jimin.. »

« I-I do hope you would quit someday, I hope you would quit someday before your job takes your life away. I hope you would quit once you find peace within yourself and once you feel ready, that way I won’t hold you back and I won’t be the pathetic little husband that ripped the cape off the hero because he was scared and selfish. »

Jungkook couldn’t say anything, couldn’t do anything besides slumping down and letting the tears run down his face. He could hear his son crying in the living room for the first time ever since he was 4 years old, but he couldn’t react and bring himself to go quiet him down and comfort him, telling him everything was going to be okay because it wasn’t. Jungkook looked at Jimin, looking as sweet and beautiful as the day they first met, even with his red rimmed eyes, his sunken cheeks from malnutrition, and his thin exhausted looking body, he still looked like the most beautiful angel Jungkook had ever had the chance to call him his, and he blew it, he ed up and he was now being deprived from the two best things that ever happened to him, his son and his husband.

Jimin dragged his suitcase to the living room, Jungkook barely finds the energy to get up and follow him, to get one last look at his family, in his house, that was breaking down in his trembling hands and for the first time; he felt weak, helpless, no ideas or plans on how to solve this rushing through his head. His mind was a chaos and his emotions were a hurricane twisting his insides.

Jimin locked eyes with him as they travelled to his son, still crying while hugging his knees to his chest, as if to tell him that he has one last chance to say goodbye to his son. He took his suitcase and walked through the door to put it in the trunk of his car alongside the ones he packed earlier for his son’s belongings.

Jungkook walked to where Changkyun was crying, pulling him into his shaking arms. The boy almost calmed down when he felt the strong arms of his father pulling him closer to his chest, whispering comforting words as he gently pressed his head down to lay on his injured shoulder. I love yous spilled from his lips over and over again as if to make up for all the times his father wasn’t home with him, playing with him, taking care of him loving him and his other father the way they deserved to be loved and cherished.

Jimin came back inside, took into his arms a once again crying Changkyun who clung to Jungkook for dear life.

“Daddy, where are we going? Why is Papa crying? Papa never cries. Let me go I wanna stay with papa he’s finally back daddy he’s finally back!” the boy kept crying and screaming, thrashing in Jimin’s arms as if he could feel the sadness and heartbreak of his parents’ relationship falling apart, all the complications and sorrow of real life too big and scary for his miniscule hands to fit. Jimin held him close to his chest, trying his best to calm him down, saying that everything is going to be okay. Jimin cringed at the lies coming out of his lips, words and empty promises tasting so bitter on his tongue.

« I’ll be staying at Solji Noona’s house for the time being, although I don’t have t tell you since you would find out if you wanted to anyways. As I said if you don’t agree with anything about the divorce you can call my lawyer and we’ll set a time to meet and discuss everything. Goodbye Jungkook. »

 

 

He was gone, Jimin was gone and he left a mess of Jungkook broken beyond repair in the floor of the house that now held their happiest and most sorrowful moments. Jungkook didn’t know what to do, his breathing quickened as did his heartbeat, he felt sick to his stomach and his vision was blurry and all over the place. He reached down to his pocket with fingers trembling so badly he dropped the device twice before he could unlock it and speed dial « 2 » . He put the phone against his ear waiting for him to pick up.

« Kookie-yah it’s midnight what are you calling fo-… Jungkook? Jungkook what’s going on? » Jungkook listened to Seokjin’s voice change in tone, probably able to hear Jungkook’s quick breathing and tiny sobs as he was having the worst panic attack.

« H-Hyu-ng h-he l-e.. »

« Jungkook-ah calm down please! Breathe with me okay? Deep breaths follow my lead, in and out » Jungkook tried to focus on his breathing as much as he could, trying to follow the inhale and exhale of his hyung’s breathing.

« Just like that, you’re doing great Jungkook, in and out » Jungkook managed to calm down after what seemed like hours, he tried to speak again, trying his best to make his words intelligible for Seokjin to understand, desperate for help.

« H-He he- he left h-hyung ! J-Jimin left m-me » Seokjin gasped from the other side of the phone, he tried his best to keep his composure for the sake of Jungkook as he said in the softest voice he could manage. « I’ll be right over okay? I’ve got you Jungkook, it’s going to be okay. »