Clover

Forget Me Not

Both Taemin and Chanseul are sitting in Taemin’s house, at the living room to be precise.

After the incident with Kris earlier, Taemin walked Chanseul home but the girl is still not at the right state of her mind so he brought her to his house instead. Chanseul had been there numerous times and Taemin’s parents know her well. But tonight there are only the two of them as both of Taemin’s parents were out at their friend’s.

“Here,” Taemin handed a glass of banana milk to Chanseul as he took a seat right next to her on the couch. The girl took the glass for his hand and looks into his eyes.

“Komawo, Taem..” she said, and her voice almost came out like a whisper.

Taemin quickly took her free hand and hold it tight.

“I.. should apologize to you, noona,” he said, looking extremely guilty.

“But why..? I mean, you didn’t do anything bad..”

“I made you walk alone.. You never walk alone before, right? I’m sorry tonight I’m late..”

“Not that late, actually.. I’m thankful that you were there.. when..” and Chanseul started to shivers again upon remembering the incident earlier and Taemin quickly took the glass from her hand, put it on the small table besides them and brought her into his arms.

“Don’t be scared, noona. I’m here..” he whispered into her ears as he tightened his embrace around her. She nodded a bit and wrapped her arms around his waist, too. That’s when she noticed a small box in Taemin’s back pocket of his jeans. Knowing that Taemin will never be angry at her, she slip her fingers into his pocket and took it out. She freed herself from the boy’s hug so she can look better at the small box.

“Ei, noona. Are you a pickpocket?” Taemin chuckles as he saw the box in Chanseul’s palm.

“What is this?” the girl asked, waving the box in front of Taemin.

“That’s, my gift for you. Open it,” the boy smiles.

Chanseul blinked her big eyes twice before she carefully opens the box lid, and inside, she found a four leaf clover keychain.

 

 

 

 

“Four leaf clover is very rare,” Taemin said as he smiles.

“Because clovers usually have three leaves” Chanseul continued as she slid her hand inside her sling bag.

“So, according to the tradition..” Taemin tried to explain about the four leaf clover as he look at Chanseul taking out a small box from her bag.

“Four leaf clovers bring luck..” Chanseul completed Taemin’s sentence as she open the box that she took out from her bag, revealing the very same design of a keychain.

“You bought one, too, noona?” Taemin asked, widening his eyes, looking at the identical keychains on both of Chanseul’s palms.

“Seems like it,” the girl chuckles as she handed the one she bought to the boy, to which the boy accepts with a happy smile. The fact that both of them bough the same thing for each other makes their hearts leap with joy.

“So, we have a couple keychain now,” Taemin said.

“Couple keychain..” Chanseul nodded, and she blushes a bit upon hearing the word ‘couple’ from Taemin.

“Congratulations, noona,” Taemin suddenly said as he flashed his sweet smile.

“Um?” Chanseul looked at him, as if asking for the reason behind the congratulatory wish.

Taemin smiles as he pointed his finger to the table not far from them. On top of it, Chanseul can see the latest edition of their school weekly magazine.

“Ah..” Chanseul nodded, and Taemin pouts.

“Waeee?” Chanseul asked, cupping Taemin’s face at the same time.

“You didn’t even tell me you won the writing contest, noona~” Taemin whines as he holds both of Chanseul’s palms on his cheeks.

“Because, I don’t know, Taem. It is nothing compared to what you’re doing now,” Chanseul chuckles a bit and Taemin quickly pretended to be angry.

“What are you saying, noona? You won the writing competition organized by Seoul National University! You defeated hundreds, probably thousands of other competitors!” Taemin said, and Chanseul knows he is very honest with the compliments.

“Komawo..” Chanseul smiles, and Taemin smiles back at her.

“This clover.. is going to bring more luck to you. So you can keep on winning.. and soon be a famous author!” Taemin nodded as he explained his gift.

“And this clover, is so that you will be protected no matter where you are. One day when you are really and idol, I bet girls will be going head over heels for you. You might have stalkers too! So this clover, should bring luck to you. I want you to be happy at all times,” Chanseul said, tapping on the clover keychain she gave Taemin.

“I don’t think girls will be head over heels for me, noona. You should see the other trainee hyungs. Their looks are no joke,”

And both of them keep on talking about Taemin’s trainee hyungs. Taemin then walked Chanseul back to the orphanage, and still talking about the other trainees he met at the SM Building. Chanseul might be able to memorize their names and their descriptions soon and she doesn’t mind at all. She loves listening to Taemin’s stories. A dino-like hyung named Jonghyun, very good looking and has amazing voice. A very tall, alien-like hyung named Minho, he has very big eyes and deep voice. And there are some others as well, but Chanseul will remember them later.

“We’re going to school together tomorrow, right?” Chanseul asked the moment she stepped into the front area of the orphanage, looking at Taemin.

“Um.. noona, actually I’m going back to SM Building now,” Taemin said, and he looks really guilty.

“N-now..? But it’s .. 10PM at night..” Chanseul can’t hide her disappointment.

“Neh, noona..” and Taemin didn’t get to finish his sentence as Chanseul quickly cuts in again.

“And you just came back like.. two hours ago. Now you have to go again..?” Chanseul asked, and Taemin knows she really wants him to stay.

“Noona.. I’m sorry. I promise I’ll be back soon, okay?” Taemin said, as he holds Chanseul’s hands in his, looking into her eyes at the same time. Chanseul looks at him for awhile and nod her head slowly.

“Neh.. make sure you take care, okay? Don’t skip meals, and rest when needed!” Chanseul said as she is really worried about the skinny boy standing in front of her right now.

“Neh, noona! And you, too! Must really take care! Don’t even talk to Kris hyung anymore, please?” Taemin said, now he started to worry again.

“Neh, don’t worry, Taem. I was.. just.. caught of guard just now. You know how fast I usually act, right? I’ll punch him if he ever try to do anything weird again,” Chanseul chuckles a bit, but Taemin still looks so worried.

“I’m sorry, noona..” he suddenly apologize.

“Because you’re not going to be here with me tomorrow, to protect me?” Chanseul said it as if she is reading Taemin’s mind, and the young trainee nodded his head, looking as guilty as ever.

“I can take care of myself, Taeminnie,” the girl smiles, ruffling his hair a little bit.

“I still feel guilty, noona..”

“You don’t have to, Taem. I understand your situation. It is okay. I’ll be sad if you keep on blaming yourself,”

Seeing Chanseul sad is the last thing Taemin ever wanted to see, so he quickly nodded his head and pulls Chanseul into a hug.

“Neh, noona. Komawo,” he said, and though his voice came out almost like a whisper, Chanseul can hear him well. She closes her eyes and rest her head on his chest, hugging him back.



*     *     *

 

Chanseul walks into her class, and sit down as soon as she found her seat. She sighed in relief as she didn’t see Kris anywhere through out her journey to school this morning. She can’t even imagine if the guy are suddenly in front of her. She is not sure if she should scold him and just ignore him.

“Ah~ molla..” she talked to herself as she took out a textbook from her bag. Chanseul usually arrived early every morning, so she always do a little revision while waiting for school to starts officially.

She was about to turn to another page when she caught a figure standing next to the door of her class using the corner of her eyes. A tall figure that could only belongs to Kris as no one is taller than him in the whole school. She can read that the guy is slowly advancing forward so she quickly clears .

“I don’t want to talk to you, sunbaenim,”

“B-but..”

“Please leave,” the girl said again, not even bother to look at the guy as she said it. Kris sighed and slowly leaves the class.

Chanseul sighed, too. Kris had been nice to her for so long, but whatever happened the night ever, she is still not ready to talk about it with the tall guy.



*     *     *
 


During recess time, Chanseul took a walk around the school. She’s hungry, but instead of eating, she went and sits on the bench both Taemin and her usually sit to sit together every day.

“Do you really have to go back that fast~?” she muttered slowly to herself, though the question is obviously directed to Taemin.

“This is only the beginning, Chanseul~. Sooner or later, Taemin will be an idol and will be really busy. He might not have time for you at all..” she is still talking to herself, her finger drawing invisible random pictures on the bench at the same time.

“I agree,”

Kris suddenly appeared out of nowhere and took a seat right next to girl, much to the girl’s surprise.

“S..sunbaenim,” she stuttered a bit.

“I heard what you said just now, and yes, you are right. He won’t have time for you when he becomes an idol later,” the handsome boy said, avoiding Chanseul’s eyes.

“Aniyo, he will at least try to make times for me!” Chanseul quickly said, and her original plan to not talk to Kris at all had failed.

“Are you sure? I bet there will be thousands of girls chasing him. Do you think you will still be special to him?” the tall boy keep on talking, Chanseul wishes he is wrong.

The girl sighed heavily and quickly stand on her feet.

She was about to walk away when Kris suddenly grab her wrist.

“We.. we need to talk,” he said as the girl tried to free her wrist from his grip.

“I don’t want to..” Chanseul quickly said, still trying to free her hand.

“Why?! Are you planning to avoid me forever?” without noticing, Kris started to raise his voice, which cause the girl to use all of her strength, and pull her hand away from the boy as hard as she can and quickly run away.

Kris sighed as he watched the girl leaving him.

 

 

RAMBLES___♡♥♡
I'm not going to ramble much this time.
Actually I haven't finish the new chapter, and it end up so long.
So I posted the first half, first.
The other half will be coming soon!
And 2008 is coming in the next chapter.
The year SHINee debuted. Get ready ^^!


Please drop a comment as well, thank you so much.

PYNK