Why

Please be mine

Mina and Jimin walked out of school silently. Mina looks at Jimin from time to time for his silence is killing her but the boy is just walking straight without laying his eyes on her.

"Jimin-ah." She called but he did not answer that made her sad. They rode the bus with quiet atmosphere until they reach their stop. They continue their walk and Mina who is behind him gain the courage to call him again.

"Jimin ah" but still no response.

"Jimin." She called again but this time stopping him when they reach the Han river where she confessed. She pulled him to face her but was shocked to see him in tears. He tried to hide it and stopped but he cant for the pain is too much for him to bear.
It was Mina's first time see him in that state. She knows Jimin to be always strong and she never saw him cry again after his father died. Even with his step father hurting him, he never show his pain but this time he really cant hide it.

"Jimin please dont cry." She said hugging him tightly.

"It hurts. I love her so much thats why it hurts. I want her to be mine. Why cant I have her? Why cant I be happy?" He finally said a word but this stingged Mina's heart.

"Im sorry, Ill go now." Jimin said letting go of her hug.

"Please dont. Stay Jimin. Im here, please lean on me." Mina said desperately stopping him.

"I want to be alone. Im sorry." He said turning his back to walk away.

"Why cant you also be mine?" She asked too, bitterly smiling that stopped him in his tracks and turn around to look at her again confused.

"I love you Jimin." She added bravely looking at his eyes.

"I ahhh, I dont know what to say Mina. I'm sorry." He replied lowering his head.

"Why her jimin? I am always with you, i have known everything about you and clearly understand you but why her? Why seulgi? Cant you love me instead?" She asked with tears running down in her face now.

"Mianhe Mina, because whether I like it or not, even though she hurted me and torn me apart, this heart will only beat for her, this heart will only scream Seulgi." He said and walked away, this time leaving her without turning to her side.

"I guess you will really never be mine, she really is lucky." She said closing her eyes hardly and left too.

Meanwhile, Irene hurriedly ran when she saw Seulgi sitting on the floor with her face burried on her knees.

"Seulgi. What happened?" She said squatting to meet the girl's level.

"Unniee." She uttered trying to stop her sobs but failed and just hug Irene letting go more tears. She was glad to see her there. Irene hugged her back to give her a little comfort.

"It hurts unnie. It hurts to see them together. I love him so much that it hurts. I just want him to be mine but why someone needs to be hurt? Why do I need to give way? Desiring him makes me want to be selfish and I hate myself for that." She added making Irene hug her more tightly and patted her back.

"Seulgi yah. Just cry it all out and we will talk about it later. Im here, were here please dont forget that." She said and Seulgi nodded bursting in tears.

After a few minutes, Seulgi stopped crying. Irene helped her to stand up and they walk with silence. The unnie accompanied her until they reach the cafe near their school where they usually hang out. Wendy, Joy and Yeri who were waiting there were worried to see her tear stained face and red eyes.

"Spill it out Seul." Irene said the momment they sat.

"We have been worriedly waiting for you now. Stop acting strong and share your pain. Dont you trust us?" She added that ached Seulgi's heart. Irene is right, she tought guiltily because of her unending secrets to them her friends.

"I rejected Jimin." She started and they nodded for her to continue.

"I rejected him because of Mina." She continued.

"Mina? The girl from the classical dance club?" Joy asked and she nodded.

"She loves Jimin. That is why I---..... I rejected him." She said with her voice cracking with another tears waiting to fall again.

"But you love him too Seulgi. Why would you do that to yourself? Youve been wanting him and now that he is there, why did you rejected him?!!!!" Wendy said with a voice slightly raising. She was so annoyed.

"She is hurting Wendy!" Seulgi reasoned.

"But you are hurting too Seul." Wendy replied.

"She was so nice to me and I cant hurt her."

"Thats bull Seulgi! Jimin loves you too and we can see it by just the look in his eyes. I have caught him secretly staring at you so many times but what did you do? You hurted him. You did not only hurted yourself but you also hurted the man you love!" Wendy said bursting with annoyance. She just love Seulgi so much that she wanted her to wake up and grab her happiness.

"Wendy. Stop now." Irene calmly lectured and Wendy helplessly obeyed. She then looked at Seulgi whose tears are now falling again.

"Seulgi" she called and she looked at her back.

"Wendy is right you shouldnt have done that cause you rejecting Jimin does not mean that he will love Mina back. She will just get hurt at the end. Dont underestimate Jimin's love for you, I may not know how much but I know its enough for him to break apart. We dont want to see you suffering anymore and we want you to be happy. Think about what we said. Still, what ever your decision will be, we will support you that is why lean on us." She added and hugged her and Wendy, Joy and Yeri did the same.

"Thank you guys." She said with a smile recomposing herself. Talking with her friends lifted some of the heavy thing that she was feeling. Though wendy lectured and shouted at her she feels comforted for the care they were giving her. This made her smiled.

"Finally you are smiling unnie! But please pamper yourself now, you look ugly." Yeri teased that made them burst with laughter.