May 2011

Wedding Bells
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AUGUST 2009

I arrived almost an hour earlier so I had the privilege to choose the best seat and I chose to sit at the back of the room. This is to avoid the first-day-you-go-introduce-yourself-first the students at the front usually experience.

It is also the heaven for students like me, the not-interested-just-want-to-sleep kind. Minutes after I arrived, a guy sits beside me, and he doesn't look like a Korean.

"Hello! I am Dong Si Cheng, and try to guess what I am?" he beams at me.

"Hm. You don't look Korean..." I squint my eyes trying to analyze what he is "A Japanese?" I guessed.

"Eennk! Wrong! I am a Chinese! Ni Hao!" he bows his head slightly, and I did the same.

This guy's cool.

Just then, a tall guy carelessly put his bag on the seat in front of me, that his chair hit my knees.

"Aw!" I almost screamed.

He then turned to me "Oh man! I'm so sorry! Are you okay? Where does it hurt?" he worriedly checks on my knees.

"Uh, no. It's okay. Hehe, don't worry about it." He then introduced himself, his name is Kim Yugyeom, he likes video games same as I am and so our conversation about the best characters went smoothly. This man's fun!

Because of boredom, Yugyeom brought out some cards from inside his bag "My sister plays this a lot. It's actually fun." he says excitedly.

Si Cheng then looked at the card "Uno cards?" he reads the box.

"Uno cards?" the man beside Yugyeom instantly turns his head once he heard the name of the game.

"Uh, yeah, you know this?" I asked him.

"Sure! I am the best at this, everytime I got bored in chess, this is my alternate game." he exclaims, then continues "I am Lee Seokmin."

And there, the four of us get into our own world.

Just 15minutes before our class, we just heard Seokim gasped.

"Whoa." he was so stunned and when we traced where he's looking, it's at the two girls who just arrived and who take the seats in front.

"So, who between the two?" Yugyeom asks while wiggling his brows.

"The one at the left." And so, to grab that girl's attention, Yugyeom stands "Leave this to me. We'll make her our friend." then winks.

And there, he made the whole class bursts out laughing with his dance. Okay, he really looks hilarious!

Just then, the front door opens, just when I thought it's a terror teacher who's gonna shout at us, the opposite actually came. It's a girl who looks so surprised to see the show.

I refrain a laugh to get out of my mouth when I see her fight the urge to scream, perhaps to avoid attention.

This girl's cute.

 

Introductions came, I really did not pay attention to any aside from our class president, Yugu... or Yudu?

Oh and Seokmin's crush since Winwin keeps on whispering Chaeyeon to Seokmin's ear.

The class bursts out laughing when the Japanese in front flatly introduced herself. She sounds so ridiculous, pfft.

And there, the cute girl introduced herself next.

"Hmm, I am Roseanne Park. Annyeonghaseyo." she shyly says with her cheeks tinted red.

Oh, so it's Roseanne.

 

During the second class, a panting and haggard guy was lectured about punctuality by the teacher. And being the only empty seat in the room, he was told to sit at my left.

He exhaled deeply when he took the seat and mumbles, "I should have listened to her when she told me to set atleast 5 alarm clocks." frustration all over his face.

Then he whispers to me "Our teacher surely talks a lot." then grinned at me.

"I am Bambam, bro!" he reaches out for my hand and there I introduced myself.

"Jeon Jungkook."

 

"Come on, let's seat to the table next to Chaeyeon." Winwin is pulling Seokmin once we reached the school canteen.

"Yeah boy, man up!" Yugyeom backs up Winwin's plan.

"Wait wait, who's the lucky girl?" Bambam curiously asks.

Winwin casually points out at the table where four girls sit. "That one! The one in front of the Japanese."

To our surprise, Bambam chuckles a little. "Why do we need to sit next to their table when we can sit with them?" he confidently proposes.

"Wait bro. They might think we're cocky. It's not a good point." Seokmin nervously stops our new friend.

He just smirks at us. "That girl over there, is my friend." I followed the girl he's pointing at and mutters.

"She's your friend?"

 

Yugyeom : Man! I just watched Star Trek, it's really dope! :D

Seokmin : Didn't I tell you? I'll lend you the X-men, it's as dope.

Yugyeom : You're the man! Thanks bro!

Bambam : T_T I want to watch too!

Winwin : Look! I added Chaeyeon on Friendster, isn't she cute here, Seokminnnn? ;)

Winwin sent a photo

Seokmin : kkkk! Wow man! My heart just dropped!

Bambam : No offense, but this is prettier.

Bambam sent a photo

Yugyeom : Damn! Who's that chick?

Bambam : A girl from the all girl's school in the next street. She's Lisa Manoban. Isn't she cute?

Me : You guys are creepy. Wtf.

Yugyeom : The perks of being single! O.O

Seokmin : But, man, it's also nice to have a girlfriend. :(

Seokmin : Hey! Bambam, can't you ask your friend for Chae's number? Please :((((((

Bambam : Ugh! speaking of my friend. She won't. Not now. She's fuming with anger at me!!

Bambam : HELP!

Me : What did you do?

Winwin : You must have done something. She looks nice!

Bambam : Nice my . Look at her

Bambam sent a photo

Bambam : She was mad at me that time I stole her mangoes. She's a glutton!!!

Winwin : HAHAHA! She looks cute! I want to be her friend!

Yugyeom : Whoa, she looks cute there.

Bambam sent a photo

Bambam : This is what she looks like now. She's tutoring me and she's more strict that our teacher! HELP ME T___T

I smiled when I saw the picture he sent, she's too focused in whatever she's writing in her notebook.

It seems nice to have a friend like her.

Private Message

Me : Bambam! Can you give me your friend's number?

Bambam : And why?

Me : I want to learn more about math. And Seokmin just isn't in the mood to teach. He's crazy about Chaeyeon :(

Bambam : Whatever. Just don't blame me when she shouts at you. And I AM STILL HER NO. 1 STUDENT! KEEP THAT IN MIND!

Me : Thanks bro! :)

Later that night, I decided to be friends with her.

Me : Hi!

Roseanne : Hello, who's this?

And that's where we started to get close.

 

Since then, I started to get to know her more. She's really a fun person, we have a lot of similarities like the movies that we like, the food and the music.

To add to those, it's fun to . She has these reactions that could complete my day, like the funny face she makes when she's getting annoyed and when she wants the food that I have.

I also found out that she likes mangoes, hates avocados, Johnny Depp fan, into adventures but kind of coward, she loves animals, she draws well, she's into casual clothes and she’s a glutton.

I didn't even notice that I am already spending my entire day with her. I spend my morning with her, my lunch with her, after class with her and the night, through phone, with her.

It's like no Rosie, no fun.

However, one day, Yugyeom just had to remind me on our way to the school gym . "Hey Kook, don't you think you're spending too much time with Rosie? You even cancelled your date with her."

Damn. I haven't even noticed that I am neglecting the girl I should be spending my time with instead.

Yeri.

Yeri is my girlfriend for almost a year now. I was in 10th grade while she was in grade 8 when she confessed to me.

Honestly, I already had a crush on her the semester before she confessed. You know, she's the most talked about freshman when she arrived, she's nice, friendly and pretty. Everybody likes her. But, I'm never the type to confess. My two previous girlfriends were the ones who made the first move.

I told my friends back then, I might be a wimp. But you know what they told me?

"Maybe your feelings for them aren't as strong as what they had for you."

But maybe not. See, we're almost a year now.

Because of Yugyeom's gentle reminder, I promised myself to not ditch her on our next date.

 

"I am so excited for you Rosie." Chaeyeon squeals at the thought of Rosie joining the singing competition for our class. Seokmin then asked Chipmunk, "What are you going to sing?" Rosie answers "I don't know. I don't even want to join These people right here just insisted."

Pfft. She just throws the suspects dagger looks.

Her face is hilarious!

"Sorry sorry. I am just proud that my bestfriend is going to get the first trophy for our class." he explains. With the witnesses' testimonies, it seems like Rosie really has a nice voice.

I wonder what it feels like to hear her sing?

After our orders arrived, my phone buzzed.

It's Yeri.

I hurriedly pack my things up "Guys, I got to go, Sorry. Bye."

 

In December, my childhood friend who has been in vacation since June, has finally arrived. Jung Jaehyun.

My friends instantly welcomed Jaehyun into the group. Also, his timing is just perfect, atleast he's now included in the sharing of expenses for Chae's birthday. I'm actually really in a tight budget that time, though I just started working for an Ice Cream Shop as a delivery boy and been joining small-time computer games competition.

And you ask why?

I've been saving up money. I didn't know rabbits are expensive. I thought of just loaning from my parents but it'll be more special if it's from my hardwork, right?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter