On Repeat

Wedding Bells
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So, it'll be just the two of you in Busan?" Jihyo asks on the other line.

"Yes, can you believe it?" I ponder.

I am currently talking with Jihyo on the phone while packing my clothes for my 2-day trip in Busan, together with the man I can't ever get out of my mind and obviously, my heart.

It seems that fate has different plans for me, that I really wonder "Am I being punished?"

"That's absurd! If it's me, I would have really thought that I am being punished, afterall the playing I did with other men's hearts. But, you? Oh, God. That's never going to be the case. First, you are the nicest girl on earth. Second, you have loved only one person. There's no reason to be punished." Jihyo rambles as if there's no tomorrow.

I laugh at her words "Aw. Thanks, Ji. I feel like I lived my life right with all the praises you said." but, since I'm still bothered on how should I handle this "So, what am I supposed to do?" I desperately want an answer. Ugh.

"Don't do anything. Don't mention anything about the past. If he did not even bother to answer your confession and if he had left you behind, then don't insist in digging the past." she advised.

"Have some ego, my dear Rosie. If he can pretend as if nothing happened, then so are you."

Jihyo's right. I should stop in trying to bring back the past. We're in the present now.

We're going to Busan as Organizer - Client.

Nothing more. Nothing less.

Be strong, Rosie. It's going to be just 2 days.

2 freakin' days.

 

"Is he already here?" Chae asks, eyes still focused on the road as she drives me to the station.

"I don't really know. I don't have his number. And if I don't see him there, then I'll just go by myself and just meet him at the resort." I told her, fingers fiddling nonstop, since my insides can't chill.

Just then my phone vibrates

Ms. Kim Yeri : Good morning Ms. Roseanne. Jungkook's already at the station. He says he's near the ticket booth on the left side wing. I'm really sorry and thank you.

Oh God. "Can I back out now?"

"Stop that." then she chuckles a little. "What are you? A teenager? You wouldn't even notice, 2 days will pass." she then parked her car to the side and unbuckled her seatbelt.

"Now, goodluck! You can do this." she smiled at me then slowly reaches for my seatbelt which I hold on tight, refusing to let go.

"Come on, Rosie. You're a smart woman. I know you know what to do." she unlocked her car doors and pushed me.

I have no choice but to get out of the car.

Before I go inside the station "Chae, feed Kai, ok!?" she nodded and waved me goodbye, "Hey! Tell Mina she should pick me up, huh?" I shout, trying to prolong the sending off.

Running out of patience, she yelled "Just go!"

And there, I went straight to the entrance.

 

I walk with too much anxiousness as I get nearer and nearer the ticket booth.

Oh God. I've been so good all these years, can You please save me from this? I don't know how.

Maybe, Yeri has been pranking me all this time, like, out of nowhere she'll come out with some party poppers and will shout "I got you there, Ms. Roseanne!"

Or maybe Jungkook will run out of patience waiting for me, since I'm walking really really slow, you know, since he has the history of leaving me behind, might as well do it now, now when I wish him to.

But.

The reality is now here. I can see him from where he stands, busy with his phone, probably texting Yeri to check how she's doing. He's wearing a black hoodie paired with ripped jeans with his huge black backpack and a cap. I stopped dead in my tracks, unable to move, knowing that a step will just bring me closer to him.

I stared at him and with just the sight of him, my heart beats wildly.

As if he feels someone's looking at him, he lifts his sight from his phone and sees me standing right there like a complete idiot.

Everything went black but him.

He's really there, inches away from me.

Come on. Rosie, act like the strong girl that you are. Go, take a big step forward.

I take a deep breath and walk towards him. "Hey." I greet him with a slight nod.

"Oh. He-hey..." I wait since I feel like he has not yet ended his sentence. Then, look up at him and my eyebrows, he then continues "It's been so long." as he looks deep into my eyes.

Those eyes. Ugh.

Get your mind straight, Rosie.

I lower down my head and hum, "Yeah... so... let's get going." Then walk past him.

Our seat numbers are L43 and L44, apparently, we have to sit together. I then turn to him, "Is it okay if I choose the seat by the window?" he looks taken aback for a second then nods "Hm, yeah. Sure."

When we are already settled in our seats, I quickly bring out my earphones and plug it into my ears.

And there starts my let's just try to sleep and avoid him plan.

And it actually worked. Cause he even had to tap me a number of times just to wake me up from my peaceful state. I notice a blanket on my lap as I open my eyes, he then explained himself "I thought you might be cold." then grabbed the blanket and placed it in his bag.

Dug dug dug dug

Stop it, Roseanne. After I shake the feelings off, I stretched a little but, ugh, my neck. "Ah-aww-aww."

He looks at me with concern "Why?" I wave my hand at him.

"Uh, no. It's nothing." And I forced myself to stand and move.

"Hello? ah yes. This is Roseanne Park. My client and I have just arrived in the station. May I know where the service is right now?" I ask the resort manager on the phone and he told me that the service will arrive anytime.

"He said the service is already on its way here. So, it'll be here any minute." I inform him with my head slightly tilted, I think I have a stiff neck. Gosh. This is embarassing!

We stayed at the waiting area, with two seats between us. I was busy massaging my neck, in the hopes of easing the pain while he was busy....checking if his nails are clean? Eh?

And finally after, what feels like years of waiting, our service arrived.

Once inside the car, "Ahjussi," Jungkook suddenly speaks "Can we please stop by a convenience store before we head to the resort?"

Again, I focus my attention to the beautiful scenery outside.

It's nice, it calms my unstable mind and heart.

After almost half an hour, Jungkook went out the car to buy something. When he comes back, he hands me a plastic bag. I stared at it for a while then ask, with furrowed eyebrows "What's that?"

He brought out pain relief patches, a pain reliever tablet and a bottle of water, and place those on my lap then "I think your neck hurts. These might help." he says, without looking

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter