Ice cream // Seolbin

WJSN short stories

“Wanna go get some ice cream?” Seola asks Soobin, who is sitting in the other side of the couch. The smaller girl turns her gaze from her phone to Seola.

“Your treat?” she asks and smirks after Seola slowly nods. “Let’s go then.” Soobin claims and jumps up from the couch, dragging Seola who is just smiling with her.

 

“One strawberry and one mint chocolate.” Seola says to the cashier who hands them the ice creams. “Thank you.”

“Shall we just walk around?” Seola asks and Soobin nods rapidly. They walk side to side around the park where many people are on enjoying the summer with their friends or family.

“This is nice.” Soobin suddenly says.

“What is?” Seola asks.

“You know the summer and people, look how happy everyone looks here, spending time with their family or friends or someone really special.” she speaks and Seola looks around.

Everyone really does look happy, the sound of laughter is in the air and she sees many couples walking together.

“But just so you know this isn’t a date.” says Soobin as she takes a of her strawberry ice cream and with her left hand she grabs Seola’s hand and interwines their fingers.

This causes Seola to roll her eyes. Why hold her hand and everything and say that it’s not a date.

“Why say that after I bought you ice cream and all?”

“Just..” Soobin mumbles and Seola continues to bomb her with questions.

“If this isn’t a date to you, then what is?” Seola asks with a serious face, but continues without even giving the younger girl a chance to speak.

She is tired of hearing how far she is from Soobin’s ideal type and how she would never date her and how she says that she likes people who wear cardigans instead of hoodies. Seola just happens to like hoodies better than cardigans, like who even wears cardigans?

She is tired of Soobin’s acting. She knows that the other girl likes her just as much as she likes her, but why can’t she admit it? Seola pretty much tells her everyday, but all Soobin does is blush and say to stop joking.

“And why are you holding my hand? Is this funny to you? Playing with my feelings like this?” she adds and tries to remove her hand from Soobin’s, who just holds to it tighter.

“Can you let go?” Seola frustratedly asks.

“No.” Soobin murmurs. “You’d run away.”

“Isn’t that what you want anyways.”

“No... Look I was just kidding.” Soobin starts

“And I’m holding your hand because I want to. And actually yes it is fun to play with you, especially when you get this frustrated.” Soobin giggles and Seola’s hand relaxes into Soobin’s.

“Let’s call it a date.” she mutters in the end and watches this big grin grow on Seola’s face. “Wow. If I knew you liked it that much I would have said it literally 5 minutes ago.” Soobin jokes.

Seola lightly hits her shoulder. “Shut up.”

“You know I’d kiss you right now, but it would be weird with all these people around us.” Seola says and Soobin stops to look at her.

“Seola. Do you think they care.? Seriously look at these people, would you care if for example that couple kissed right now.” she asks and points at some couple who are happily sitting on a bench.

“Well.. no”

“So shut up and kiss me already.”

Seola grabs Soobin by the collar of her shirt and captures her lips. They share a short but sweet kiss.

“So are we a thing now?” Seola whispers.

“Yes. You idiot.”