Let me sing to you / Ludawon

WJSN short stories

It’s already late, but Dawon is still not sleeping. She can’t seem to fall asleep so she just lays on her bed. She closes her eyes and just when she is about to fall asleep she can hear something from outside the room.

She hears the door opening and is able to hear quiet footsteps approaching her bed. It doesn’t take long for someone to lift the blanket and plop their tiny body next to her.

Dawon can immediately identify who it is. The sweet scent Luda’s perfume is far too familiar with her and also this moment has happened many times before.

Luda usually drags her blanket to Dawon’s bed when she can’t fall asleep. This seems to be one of those nights.

She turns around and sees Luda looking at her. Even when it’s dark Dawon can see a small pout on her face, and she frowns as well without even noticing.

“Did I wake you up? If I did I’m sorry.” Luda whispers.

Dawon shakes her head and smiles at the smaller girl.

“No I wasn’t sleeping.” she says.

Luda pouts even more. “Why? It’s late, you should be sleeping.”

Dawon chuckles a bit and grins at her. Luda is so cute, she is the one coming in her bed in the middle of the night and now she is asking why Dawon wasn’t sleeping.

“I was just about to sleep.” she tells her. “Why are you not sleeping?” she asks her back, receiving an exhausted look from the other girl.

“I can’t sleep.” she whispers and Dawon pouts.

“And usually I can sleep better when you are next to me.”

“You can always sleep with me.”

Dawon shifts and pulls Luda into her arms and the latter just gladly snuggles closer to her. She doesn’t have a big bed so they have to be really close.

Not that they don’t want to anyways.

They lie like that for a while just cuddling and enjoying the warmness of each other bodies. Dawon’s heart is always fluttering when she is around Luda, and when their legs are tangled together like this the feeling is even more clear.

She begins swirling Luda's blonde hair with her fingers and the other girl smiles looking up at her. Luda loves it when someone plays with her hair, especially when it’s a certain brown haired girl, who is staring at her right now.

Luda locks eyes with her and she has this weird feeling in her chest.

“Want me to sing for you?” Dawon whispers, while caressing Luda’s cheek, sending shivers down her spine. She is so gentle with her that Luda feels like she is soon going to melt away.

“Won’t the others wake up?”

“I will sing quietly and you know what?”

“What?” Luda asks.

“I don’t really care if they wake up, I want to sing for you.” Dawon says and Luda looks at her with basically hearts in her eyes.

“Yeah, I want you to sing for me.” she whispers and moves even closer to Dawon, who wraps her arm around Luda’s waist and starts humming.

 

            “Maybe I'm defective

             Or maybe I'm dumb

             I'm sorry, so sorry for what I've done

             Maybe I'm bad natured

             Or maybe I'm young

             I'm sorry, so sorry for what I've done.

 

Dawon sings quietly the first song she can think of, she’s trying to be careful not to wake others up, even when she said that she doesn’t care if they wake up she actually does.

This moment is just for her and Luda and she doesn’t want one of their members witnessing it and teasing them for days or maybe even months. The never ending teasing has happened before when Eunseo had seen Bona and Xuan Yi cuddled up on the couch.

It’s not like they have never noticed Luda leaving Dawon’s bed in the morning, but maybe they just didn’t want to say anything since those two are one of the quietest members.

As Dawon sings she never tears her gaze away from Luda, who is now tightly holding her hand. Luda is enjoying this so much, she loves Dawon’s soothing voice and, well she loves Dawon.

The song ends and it’s quiet again, not the awkward kind of quiet, but just quiet.

“Did you like it?” Dawon asks glancing at the blonde girl.

“You know I love it when you sing.” Luda answers and Dawon nods.

“Yeah, I know it.” she says turning her head to stare at the ceiling. She can’t dare to look at Luda now, her heartbeat would race even more than it has raced now and maybe she would die from a heart attack.

Suddenly Luda’s hand leaves her hand and she immediately feels like something is missing, but that feeling is soon refilled again when Luda climbs on top of her.

Dawon has all kinds of butterflies and birds flying around in her stomach. Luda is making crazy, she is crazily in love with this tiny girl who is now sitting on her stomach.

Luda leans down and cups Dawon’s cheek before planting a kiss on .

It’s a quick kiss and Dawon is still trying to process what just happened. Luda had just kissed her and her lips felt just as soft as they looked.

Dawon locks eyes with her, but her gaze lowers to Luda’s lips, which are looking so kissable right now.

She wraps her arms around Luda’s neck and pulls her back down kissing her lips. Dawon closes her eyes and her hands start playing with Luda’s blonde hair. Their lips move slowly against each others and it’s a new feeling for both of them.

Having their heart beating this fast with such a simple actions of the other girl.

Soon Luda pulls away and Dawon opens her eyes with a lingering smile on her lips. She swears that she can see love in the other girls eyes, maybe the look has always been there, but just now she notices it.

She hopes that her eyes show the same feeling.

“I love your singing and I love you.”

Dawon smiles and holds Luda even tighter in her arms.

“I love you too.”