Chapter 14: The White Rabbit

Been Through (Destined Lovers in Wonderland)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When I entered the comfy room after changing my clothes, Baekhyun and Yifan were still at each other.

 

 

"Um... May I ask you something?"

 


I addressed the two in an attempt to alleviate the tension. 

 


"Just now, a pillow flew on its own and transformed into a frog, didn't it? What was that...? It looked like magic to me."

 


They regarded each other, and Yifan was the first to speak.

 


"You're right... Regardless of the circumstances, I apologize for causing a scene in the sweet-dream room."

 


"...I'm not looking for an apology."

 


"Right, you're jealous because we left you and were engaged in friendly banter, aren't you?"

 


"That's definitely not it! You're just saying that on purpose, aren't you, Baekhyun?!"

 


"*Giggle*..."

 


I glare at Baekhyun as he laughs mockingly and repeat my question.

 


"What I want to know right now is how you two were able to do those mysterious things."

 


"You're right that magic is mysterious. But... It's not as special as you might think. You can do it too, Kyungsoo."

 


"What? I can't...do that."

 


It wasn't possible. The very fact that not everybody could do it so easily was what made it magic, right...?

 


"Ah, have you forgotten? In Wonderland, anybody can use magic. If you don't remember, I'll teach you. It's not that hard. Trust me."

 


"I think I'll have a hard time trusting you, Baekhyun..."

 


"Haha, then using magic will be infinitely easier than trusting me. Here, give me your hand. Let's give it a try."

 


"A-All right..."

 


(Okay, I can do this. That's why it's magic...)

 


Prompted by Baekhyun, I hold my hands out in front of me. 

 


(Was this how it was done...? Hiya!)

 


I tried casting a spell, putting all my effort into it. Suddenly--

 


"Wow...!"

 


Countless butterflies of light emerge from my outstretched hands, shimmering brilliantly as they flew around the room.

 


"...That's a beautiful spell. See, you're a natural, Kyungsoo. It's mesmerizing. You have an innate talent."

 


"D-Do you really think so?"

 


Baekhyun smiled softly as he watched the fluttering butterflies and complimented me on my magic skills.

 


"..." 

 


For some reason, Yifan remained quiet, his expression filled with displeasure.

 


"What's wrong, Yifan? Didn't you like my spell?"

 


"...It's not that."

 


Yifan seemed to hesitate before continuing to speak.

 


"I just feel that...there's no reason for you to use magic, Kyungsoo."

 


Yifan looked uncomforta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter