The End of Us?

Regrets
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Silence. 

So silent that even the clock ticking could be heard, a silence that got both of them uncomfortable with each other. 

It’s as if they ran out of things to say to each other lately, she doesn’t have any idea on what happened between them, he just started coming home later and later, saying it’s because of work. 

And so, she believed him, why wouldn’t she? They have been together since they’ve graduated and have been together for almost 3 years. They have decided to move out of their homes and rented a small apartment nearby their work places, earning a decent living. However, since Chaerin lost her job a few months ago, they were facing financial difficulties. Since then, they have minimised talking to each other. Whenever Chaerin wants to talk about their current situation, he would shut her out by telling her that he's tired, he needs to rest etc. 

Today was their 3rd anniversary, and she wanted to surprise him with something that could potentially make them like before, she wanted to make things better and bring that warm Jiyong back instead of the current cold one. 

Clearing , she got Jiyong’s attention as he looked up from his phone. 

“Jiyong, I have something for you.” She said softly.

“What?” 
 
Slowly, she took out the box that she was holding on to ever since that morning, when she was still deciding whether to give it to him.

She was uncertain, uncertain if Jiyong would actually want to keep it, uncertain if it was the best time to give it to him since their relationship was definitely rocky at that stage. Nonetheless, if that box could be their saving grace, she was willing to try, to try to salvage their relationship. Perhaps giving it to him would make him happy, she thought. Honestly, she doesn’t even know what went wrong between them, it was just as if they got busier with their lives and talked lesser. The sparks from their relationship was obviously getting lesser too. 

“Chae? What’s the thing you want to give me?” He frowned, looking at her space out and not moving at all. 

“Here oppa, I hope you like it.” She placed the beautiful box on the table. The box was navy blue, with golden patterns on it. It was actually, the box for the watch that he was eyeing on for a long time, but never gotten it since it was too expensive and they were already dealing with financial issues. 

Upon seeing that box on the table, he furrowed his brows together.

“What the hell Chae? Where did you get the money from to buy it? Didn’t you know that we’re already struggling to get basic necessities and you go around spending money on something so useless?” He lashed out furiously.

What the hell was she doing? Spending money like that when they don’t even have enough to last through the next few months. 

“Oppa it’s not like that, just open it, I promise you’ll like it.” She pleaded, hoping to make the situation better. 

“What do you mean it’s not like that? It’s obviously the watch that I was eyeing and never got! Do you still have the receipt? Go refund it, will you? I don’t have time to deal with t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter