He Has Waited

Long Enough
Please log in to read the full chapter

I thought about how the situation would play out. All the different reactions Seungjun could have or what would happen if I do act on my desires. What if I just did and screwed the consequences? God, when did this become such a mess? Why did I start pining over Seungjun's little sister?

Haeun.

She smiles as she starts off the birthday song, carrying the cake. Everyone else starts to join and pulling out their phones to record the moment. Once we finished the song, Seungjun closes his eyes as he silently makes his wish. However, he's taking a moment to long.

"Seungjun, if you don't blow out the candle, I will." Heejun threatens him, prompting Seungjun to blow out the candle sticks. He glares at Heejun.

"Don't you know that's bad luck?" Seungjun yells at Heejun.

"No."

"Alright, who wants a piece of cake?" Haeun interrupts the two. Followed by her childish older brother demanding a good half of the cake.

She laughs, denying him until everyone else gets a piece of it. Cutting a thin slice she hands it to me. 

Seungjun and I grew up together. From childhood playmates to seniors in college. And considering I've spent my whole life with him and his family, I pretty much also grew up with Haeun as well. When she was old enough to be involved in our playdates, she became a part of our group. Haeun and Seungjun are pretty much opposites. Seungjun has always been the childish one of the two. 

People have always questioned how we got along so well, and it may have to do with my own love for anime and video games. But growing up together, we were able to see intimate parts of each other that no one else got to see. Seungjun is immature and sometimes pretty selfish, but he is very caring as well. He's grown to be that kind of guy. 

Then there's Haeun, the girl who I grew up with to be my little sister. She integrated into our pact as a young girl and somehow never strayed away from us. Haeun also acts a lot more mature than her brother, and never had a liking to our hobbies. Yet, she has always been around. Even today, as we're all in college, she's become a part of our small group; an integral piece of keeping us all together. She's one of my best friends and the little sister I never had, and yet...

I can't stop thinking about her. 

Not in the platonic way anymore. It all started six months ago, when we went to a party together.

My friend Yongguk invited me over for a kickback. I was about to bring Seungjun along, but he had to study for an exam coming up the following Monday. Hecouldn't lose the chance to study as much as he could. So it turned out to be just Haeun and I.

Haeun and I got out of the car and made our way into Yongguk's apartment. A small group of people have already gathered inside, buzzed as chatter went on all around the room. Everyone greets us as I went around introducing Haeun and being introduced to others I've never met.

"Oh, Haeun!" A voice calls out to her and I turn to see a boy a bit taller than me approach us. 

"Junhong!" Haeun greets with enthusiasm to match. I remember him in passing. He would be around Yongguk at school sometimes, but I never got the chance to officially meet him. 

"Who do you know here?" He asks, eyes then glancing at me for a moment before turning his focus back on Haeun.

"Technically, just you. But I'm here with Youjin." She says, looking back at me.

"Hey, nice to meet you, I'm Youjin." I greet him, holding out my hand. He takes it and bows in return.

"Junhong, same to you. Hey, Haeun, let's go take a shot!" He says, letting go of my hand in favor for Haeun, dragging her to the kitchen. I'm about to follow then, but then I'm caught in the already drunk Daehyun's clutches.

"Youjin! Buddy! What is up!" He yells in my ear and I wince. I laugh at him a little, then glance back at Haeun who throws her head back as she takes a shot with Junhong. I don't know why but... I'm annoyed.

I shouldn't be though, Haeun is here to have a good time, I shouldn't be getting in the way of that. It's not like she came with me just to be around me. It's good there's someone she knows here so that she's not walking around the room feeling awkward or anything.

I decided not to drink much beforehand because I'm driving, but I didn't expect Haeun to drink past the point of complimenting every girl her. Or how sloppy her dancing against Junhong is. I want to take her back the Seungjun's already.

Suddenly, everyone began cheering as Jieun sits on Himchan's lap, swirling her hips around against him as he laughs, playfully smacking her until she gets off. After, Jongup takes his own position to sit on Himchan's lap, doing the same thing (and a lot better, I have to admit.) As this is going on, Minjae, one of Yongguk's friends places herself on top of me, rubbing her against me. Usually, I would play along like Himchan did, but for some reason, I'm feeling a little uncomfortable with the extra attention. Once Minjae finishes, I look for Haeun, but she's nowhere to be found. 

And neither is Zelo. 

With a start, I get up from the couch and make my way into the hallway where the bedrooms are. As soon as I enter the hall, I hear a retching noise. I look into the bathroom to see Haeun over the toilet with Junhong sloppily attempting to pull her head back. A cold sweat forms and I take a deep breath. This kid is Yongguk's friend, he has a better sense of who people are, I shouldn't have been worried. 

"Hey, Junhong, I got her." I tell him from the doorway.

Junhong nods and stumbles out of the bathroom, letting out a cheer over whatever's happening in the other room. I walk to Haeun and pull her hair back as her body lurches forward to release whatever toxins are aching her stomach. After a moment from puking, she lets out a groan, letting out heavy breaths until it evens out and she tries to stand. I help her up, making her stand in front of the sink as I clean up any residue left. I grab some mouthwash as well, hopefully there won't be anything lingering after she gargles. 

"Haeun, let's go home, okay?"

She nods her head and allows me to lead her out of the bathroom. I grab her things and say good bye to everyone before helping down the stairs and into my car. 

I drive a little slower than usual, hoping to not stir up her stomach. I glance at her at a stoplight, letting out a soft laugh at the way she looks. "Looks like you had fun tonight." I tell her, reaching over to pet her head.

"Mmm, oppa, you're gonna make me puke." She mumbles. I can't help but laugh, driving forward when the light turns green.

"Sorry." The car ride turns silent again, except for the soft tunes playing on the radio. Geez, why was I even acting like that during the party. Yongguk checked on me a few times to

Please log in to read the full chapter