Not A Word

Not A Word

note: Yixing is 25 in this, and the oc is 19

 

—————————

 

"You have no idea how badly I want to kiss you right now," he says, his voice low. He's standing so close to me, I can smell the mint on his breath as it fans across my face.

My heart skips a beat as I realize that, even though he's shown signs of interest in me before today, this is the first time he's voiced his feelings out loud.

I take a deep breath and look into his eyes. "What's stopping you?" I whisper.

For a moment that seems to drag on forever, he doesn't move. He just stares back at me, and we don't speak. I try to stay calm as his gaze flickers downward for a brief instant, but on the inside, the butterflies that have been fluttering in my stomach since the moment I stepped into his office have transformed into soaring eagles. 

Slowly, he brings his hands up to cup the sides of my face. He steps closer and leans his forehead against mine, his eyes lingering on my lips. He begins to slowly lean in, closer and closer, until our lips are only a hair's breadth apart. I close my eyes.

Just a little closer...

His lip sbarely graze mine before he stops. "," he lets out in a shaky breath. I feel him step away, and when I open my eyes, he's standing on the other side of the room with his back turned to me, running his fingers through his hair.

Briefly, I start to wonder if I've done something wrong. Then, he says, "We shouldn't do this."

I'm hurt and confused by his words. I look down at my feet and squeeze my eyes shut against the sting of tears, holding them back. "Why not?" I ask, managing to keep my voice steady.

He walks over to his desk and leans back against it, resting his hands on top of the flat surface before answering me. "A relationship between us isn't possible. It can't happen."

More tears threaten to make an appearance, but I blink them back. "How come?"

"It would be frowned upon by my superiors," he explains. "I would be a distraction to you and your studies. I can't let that happen," he adds, looking into my eyes. By looking back into his, I can tell that even though he's saying these words, he wishes the opposite were true.

Something clicks in me then. "Why are you looking at this from a teacher's perspective?"

"Because that's what I am," he says calmly. "I'm a teacher."

"Don't be."

Confusion etches its way onto his face. "What do you mean?" he asks, tilting his head slightly.

"You said yourself that a relationship between us couldn't work, right? Because I'm a student and you're a teacher."

"Yes..."

"Well don't be. For right now, this moment, don't be a teacher." I take a deep breath to calm myself down.

Mr. Zhang has his head down, and he looks deep in thought. When he looks up again, he gives me a cursory once-over. "You're still so young," he says quietly. 

"I'm aware," I respond in the same tone. "But it's not like I'm a little kid."

"No. I know you're not. It's just..."

I take a step closer. "Just what?"

He pushes himself away from his desk, but doesnt move forward. "I don't want to hurt you."

"How can you be sure you'll hurt me?" I ask.

"How can you be sure I won't?" he counters.

He's right, I tell myself. I have no way of knowing I won't get hurt at one point or another. But I want this. I don't care about getting hurt, or what people will think of us, or anything else. None of that matters right now. Right now, I want him.

I look into his eyes, take a deep breath, and with every ounce of courage and confidence I can gather, I tell him three words: "I trust you."

A heartbeat of silence passes between us, niether of us moving a muscle.

"Oh, hell."

Before I know what's happening, Mr. Zhang is in front of me, hands on either side of my face, and his lips are planted firmly on my own.

I almost stumble from the shock, but he steadies me by bringing his arm around my waist and bringing my body flush against his. My heartrate speeds up even more at this contact. When my brain finally catches up with the situation, I bringnmy hands up to rest on his shoulders and kiss him back just as eagerly.

By the time he pulls away, we are both panting heavily. He doesn't back away from me, though. We stay like this for a few seconds, hearts still racing. It's Mr. Zhang who breaks the silence.

"Not a word of this outside my office," he says, grazing my cheek with his thumb.

Still to breathless to speak, I can only nod.

Almost instantly, his other arm is around my waist and he's kissing me again.

 

 

—————————

*embarrassed groan*

So yeah, that was that. Feel free to point out any mistakes/typos.