Let me Have This one Thing

Perfect That I Can't Have

Jonghyun felt hunted. He felt Minhyun’s eyes on him, watching him from that table, drinking him in. Now another pair of eyes joined them. Pretty Joshua Hong joined his omega friend and the two of them sat there, giggling and talking, making one of the prettiest pictures one could lay their eyes on. And of all people, Jeonghan sat next to Joshua, being petted, eyes closing as Joshua’s hand ran through his hair. Was he basking in the attention of the omega he wanted?

Jonghyun wanted to do that too. But he was a bit scared. The alpha part of him wanted to go over there and demand Minhyun to go out on a date with him, but the more logical side told him that some omegas took offense and Minhyun could very well tell him no. Ugh, he wanted to crawl into a pit and cry.

“Hey,” that sweet voice that caressed Jonghyun’s ears called out.

Heart thumping loudly, Jonghyun steeled himself before turning around to face Minhyun. He croaked out, “Hi.”

Minhyun gave him a wide grin. “Go out on a date with me.” He grabbed Jonghyun’s hand, rubbing his thumb in little circles on Jonghyun’s skin. “Please,” he said softly.

Throat clamming up, Jonghyun felt half helpless at the soft way Minhyun looked at him, and half guilty for the way Minhyun’s lips sort of trembled like they’d fall into a pout or a frown if Jonghyun said no. But why would he say no, when the person he wanted was holding his hand and asking him out on a date. He should though. Minhyun deserved better than someone like him.

But just this once, would it be bad to try to have what he wanted. To go after what he wanted like a little child. Especially when Minhyun was asking him. Just this once Kim Jonghyun, do it for yourself, he thought.

“Yea,” he said, letting himself touch Minhyun. “I’ll be happy to go on a date with you.”

“Perfect,” Minhyun gushed. “Let me give you my number.” He took one of the markers the staff used to write names on the cups. Gently, he slid Jonghyun’s sleeve up, writing his number on his forearm causing Jonghyun to shiver. “Pick me up at 7.” Winking, Minhyun said, “Call me ok?” He walked away, with a sway in his hips.


Joshua watched, laughing into his hand softly. Minhyun was laying it on. He was really trying to snag that alpha. Hearing a whine, he turned to his own alpha. “Sorry if this wasn’t much of a first date,” Joshua apologized.

Jeonghan shook his head. Now that Joshua’s attention was back to him, everything was fine. “It’s all right. Watching your friends fumble is fun.” Taking Joshua’s hand into his, he said, “But you should pay more attention to me. I can give you all sorts of fun.”

Humming, Joshua smirked. “Maybe on other dates. I think it’s time this one came to an end.” He tilted his head, “Take me home now please.”

Jeonghan nodded, holding in a wanton moan. “Whatever you want baby.”