Cute is as Cute Does

Perfect That I Can't Have

Minhyun sipped his drink quietly, watching Jonghyun not quite stare at his general area. Hiding a smile behind his cup, he saw Jonghyun’s eyes slip over to where he was sitting but then swerving a bit to the side to make it look like he wasn’t looking at Minhyun even when he was. It was cute of Jonghyun to try hiding when he was being obvious as hell.

Minhyun shook his head lightly, before looking down at his phone. Opening the text, he just got from Joshua, he grinned even harder. Little Shua was growing up and getting an alpha so fast.

Minhyun: Don’t hold his hand yet. The more you act hard to get the more you can see if he’s super serious.

Joshua: :P. I know what I’m doing. You worry about yourself and bagging shy Jonghyun.

                Minhyun: thanks for the vote of confidence

                Joshua: you’re very welcome 😊

Snorting, Minhyun took his cup to take another long sip. He stopped though when he saw a red eared Jonghyun at his table. “Hi,” he said softly, giving Jonghyun the look Minhyun secretly dubbed, alpha killer.

The alpha swallowed, his adam’s apple bobbing. He held a tiny plate in his hands. He choked out a few words that were all smushed together, quickly placed the plate down in front of Minhyun and hightailed it out of there.

He blinked slowly at the empty space that Jonghyun had just occupied, moving down to take a look at the plate. On the plate sat a delicious looking chocolate croissant, a favorite of Minhyun’s. God, Jonghyun was adorable.


Joshua ducked his head to smile as he saw Jeonghan standing outside the lecture hall waiting for him. He was serious it seemed. Straightening, his clothes, Joshua patted them down once before moving to join Jeonghan and let the alpha walk him home to his apartment.

Problem was that before he could get to Jeonghan a surge of girls and boys ran to him, blocking Joshua’s access to him. Joshua’s brows pulled together, his eyes narrowing as he saw desperate omegas and betas try to get Jeonghan’s attention. It wasn’t jealousy. He barely knew Jeonghan, and the desperate type of behavior those people were showing was disgusting. He wasn’t jealous at all.

In a rather uncharacteristic move, Joshua snapped, his voice cutting through the annoying noise that the crowd was making, “Jeonghan!”

If Jeonghan had animal ears they would’ve stood up at attention. But he didn’t. Instead, he looked Joshua’s way, a dazzling sort of smile making its way across his face. Pushing through the crowd, ignoring their protests, and the hands that tried to grab hold of him; Jeonghan walked over to Joshua’s side. “Shua.” He grinned, holding out his hand. “Let’s go.”

Joshua, choosing to ignore Minhyun’s text from earlier, placed his hand in Jeonghan’s, letting him lace their fingers together. He even let Jeonghan take his bag before pulling Jeonghan away from the disgusting crowd. Joshua might’ve even thrown the crowd a little smirk if he wasn’t too busy batting his lashes at Jeonghan to make the alpha blush a little.