There

No way out

Minseok and Kheyo decided to go over on what was originally planned. Minseok wanted to bring out other ideas on how to promote Kheyo’s organization. He just wanted to —or maybe not be reminded of any triggering warnings concerning his past. Kheyo was still hesitant and still subtly offers the initial plans he created. Both did this wavering back and forth for the entire week.

On a Friday, Minseok went home after work feeling skittish. He was so cautious working with Kheyo and was too conscious to offer extreme ideas. He felt the man is too volatile to react to criticisms. He admired the man’s humbleness and work ethic, though. However, the dubiety was still evident. He still puts on his distrust towards the man. 

“I should maybe loosen up and be open to the interviews he’ll show. Anyways, it’s part of the project and it’ll really help their organization”. Minseok analyzes. 

“Aaaah!!! Whatever!!!” He buries himself in his pillow seconds after.

He was finally able to doze off after feeling too exhausted the whole day. 

 

When the weekend came, Minseok decided to jog at the park full of trees straightly planted on each side. When he felt his feet couldn’t bear more running, he adjusted his posture and tried to slow down. He was slouching and panting when he bumped into someone. 

“Oh my God, I’m so sorry I didn’t mean to”. He apologized. 

When he looked up, he didn’t expect to see a smiling Kheyo. 

“Wh.. what are you doing here? Minseok sounded confused. 

“Exercising! Of course!” Kheyo left out a small laugh. 

“Ah.. yeah. I’m sorry about earlier. I wasn’t looking and I felt too tired”. Minseok responded. 

“Tired already? How long have you been here?”

”Ah, an hour or so I suppose. I decided to slow down now since I think I’ve already had enough”. 

Kheyo held out a grin towards Minseok. He was surprised to have seen this side of the boy. He really looked gorgeous. 

“Hmmm. Okay. Since we’re not working and done for the day, do you mind having anything to eat?” Kheyo asked. 

Minseok got more confused. Did the man ask him out to eat? Is he like this just to show gratitude for giving their organization a free service? Or is he bribing him so Minseok could finally say yes to his project ideas? 

“Minseok? What now?” Kheyo was impatient. 

“Oh. Ah.. sorry... yes, sure. We can grab something to eat”. 

“Great! I know a place”. Kheyo grabbed him and ran towards his car.

”Ah, I can just drive you back here for you to get your car after we’re done”. He cheerfully smiled. 

They arrived at a restaurant a few blocks away from the park. They went inside one of the tallest buildings in the city and occupied a table at the rooftop. The view is marvelous as it gives you a bird’s eyeview of the whole city. You can clearly see its shining lights, its busy streets, its sort of traffic roads. 

Minseok didn’t mind. Sure he’s already been to a few similar restaurants, but it’s the first time he was able to fully appreciate the view. He was mesmerized he forgot he was still wearing his sweatpants and running shoes. Kheyo didn’t even give him the time to change. 

His mind drifted back to Kheyo when the man was snapping his fingers on his face.

”Hey.. Hey.. Too much of adoring the view. Let’s order, I’m starving”. 

Their night went well. He didn’t realize Kheyo to be this loud and jocose. He did almost all the talking by sharing about his college experiences and previous work. Minseok couldn’t help but adore the man. He is convinced that the man is indeed a sweet talker. 

Minseok offered to pay but Kheyo insisted he will pay instead. They finally decided to split the bill after minutes of bickering. 

“I’ll drive you back to the park then.” Kheyo announced. 

While they were on the car, both comfortably conversed and Kheyo couldn’t stop talking about how he hates coffee and just drank the coffee Junmyeon made him out of respect. Minseok almost choked and just steeled him to be more honest next time. When they arrived at the park and Minseok was about to say goodbye, Kheyo held out his hand. 

“Minseok, thank you. Thank you for today. Thank you for helping me. I hope we can get rid of the awkwardness around us. I hope everything will soon be better for us”. Kheyo was smiling. 

Minseok lets out a radiating smile and Kheyo almost fell off his chair. 

“Thank you too, Kheyo. See you around.” 

 

Minseok drove back home with a pounding heart. He was not expecting to get impressed by Kheyo’s bubby personality. He didn’t expect the man to be this funny and sweet. 

“Whatever he’s planning towards me, I can say it’s working. I guess I would be able to say yes on his ideas then”. He sighed.