Chapter 1

Genie (Tell Me Your Wish)

It's a beautiful yet cold December morning in Seoul, Korea. 

The king, Dong Youngbae is currently in a fitting room for measurements. 

He stands still with his arms up as the seamstress, Seo Ju-Hyun also known by Seohyun takes his measurements.

Seohyun smiles as she writes down the final measurements "okay sir you are finished" she says kindly 

Youngbae smiles and nods as he puts his arms down "seohyun you know you can either call me youngbae or Taeyang right?" He reminds her 

"I know sir, but I like to be formal" she says kindly as she places her notebook down. 

This causes him to chuckle some. 

"Alright then, how are you and my cousin Jungkook doing?" He asks as he puts his cloak back on. 

"Well... we are getting married in the summer" she says blushing a little. 

Youngbae gasps but smiles warmly "congratulations" he says 

Seohyun smiles "thank you, sir" she says as the door opens. 

Its his best friend and head knight, Kwon Jiyong. 

"Hey! Tae can I borrow you for a minute?" He asks 

Taeyang nods and turns to seohyun "thank you for taking my measurements, and congratulations again" he says 

Seohyun bows politely and smiles "your welcome sir, have a nice day" she says as she goes to begin to work on his new clothes.

"You too" he says as he walks over to Jiyong whos grinning like an idiot. 

He has a bad feeling. 

"What do you need Ji?" He asks 

"Well... I found a new possible queen for you!" He says causing Youngbae to sigh. 

"Ji... I appreciate it, but each time you try to introduce me to someone it fails.." Youngbae says 

"Oh cmon! I'm sure you'll like her! Shes kind, caring and even has an eye smile" Jiyong says. 

Youngbae sighs "alright... I'll give it a shot." He says

"Okay lets go then! Follow me!" He says as he exits the room causing Youngbae to follow and close the door behind him. 

They walk down the hallway.

Youngbae remained silent as Jiyong rambles on about how he will like the person hes gonna introduce to Young bae. 

They soon reach the throne room. 

Jiyong opens the door for Youngbae who thanks him and enters the room. 

Jiyong enters also and closes the door behind him. 

Youngbae looks around and notices a beautiful girl wearing a red dress. 

She has long black hair and true to jiyongs word she has an eye smipe. 

The girl notices the two and walks ovee to them. 

"Tae. I'd like you to meet Stephanie Hwang also known as Tiffany." Jiyong says 

"Its a pleasure to meet you" Youngbae says. 

Tiffany smiles and holds her hand out to youngbae "the pleasure is all mine, like he says my name is Stephanie Hwang, but you can call me Tiffany" she says kindly. 

Youngbae gently takes her hand and shakes it 'weird...' he thinks to himself. 

Usualy only guys shake each others hands around here and the girls only bow politely. (shhhh go with it)

After letting hands go. Jiyong grins like an idiot again. "I'll leave you both to talk." He says as he goes to the door to guard it. 

"..." Silence between the two. 

They both clearly look kinda uncomfortable around each other. 

"So... are there any things you like, Tiffany?" Youngbae asks the girl with the eye smile. 

"Well... I like the color pink, candy and to craft things... what about you, sir?" She asks feeling kinda akward. 

Tiffany truthfully didn't want to go today, but Jiyong kept insisting she'd go. After an annoying few hours she agreed. 

"Well... li-" he was about to say, but there was a knock on the door. 

Jiyong opens the door to reveal the other head knight, known as Choi Seunghyun.

Seunghuyn apologizes for interrupting and enters the room. He walks over to the king. "Tae, your Uncle Jafar  is her to see you" he says to Youngbae (shhhh go with it again) 

"What is he here for?" Youngbae asks and is kinda annoyed. He and his uncle don't get along 

"Hes here fo-" he was about to say, but is cut off by meeting eyes with Tiffany. 

He is bewitched by her beautiful eyes. 

Tiffany also stares into his eyes. Its as if someone casted a spell on the world causing it to stop. 

Youngbae blinks and clears his throat some "um.. not trying to break up love at first sight, but what is he here for?" He says teasingly causing the two to blush. 

Seunghuyn clears his throat and looks at Youngbae "all he said was is that he needs to talk to you. Hes waiting in the metting room" he says causing Youngbae to sigh. 

"Alright... well it was nice meeting you Tiffany" Youngbae says as he smiles at the girl. 

She smiles back and mutters a 'you too' 

Before Youngbae walka to the door. He leans in some to seunghuyn "stay and talk to her, you may really like her" he whispers causing Seunghuyn to blush and nod. 

Youngbae chuckles some and walks to the door. 

Jiyong already has it open for him. Youngbae tells him thank you and exits the room. 

Jiyong follows Youngbae and closes the door behind him leaving the two alone in the throne room.

The two walks down the hallway and Jiyong speaks up. 

"What do you think hes here for?" He asks

Youngbae sighs "truthfully... I dont know.." he says as the two reaches the meeting room. 

Jiyong politely opens the door and earns a thank you from Youngbae.

Youngbae enters the room and Jiyong follows in the room. They see his uncle. 

Jafar narrows his eyes at Jiyong. "Nephew tell the help to wait outside" he says causing Jiyong to glare at him. 

Youngbae narrows his eyes at his uncle and turns to jiyong. "Ji, please wait outside" he says 

"Okay Tae" Jiyong says as he shoots another glare at Jafar. He exits the room and closes the door behind him. 

Jafar scoffs "Nephew how many times do I have to tell you the help shouldn't call you by a petty nickname?" He says 

Youngbae rolls his eyes "hes my friend uncle. Last I checked I'm king and not you" he says 

Jafar chuckles dryly "that... is acutally what I came here to talk to you about." He says 

Youngbae frowns "what do you mean uncle?" He asks 

"What I mean is. If you don't have a bride by next fall I shall be crowned as the new king" Jafar says as he smirks. 

This causes Youngbae's eyes to widden. 

"What?! You can't do tha-" he was about to finish saying, but is cut off.

"Its possible, nephew. You were crowned last month. Since you were not married you will only have a year to find a bride. If you are not able to succeed the next in line will be crowned as king." He says with the smirk still on his face. 

Youngbae glares at his uncle "you're not becoming king" he declares. 

"Oh? And whys that? Last I recalled you don't have a bride" Jafar points out. 

This causes Youngbae to glare more. "I'll find a bride before then." He declares. "Besides you don't have a bride either" he adds

"Oh, I'll have one before my coronation" Jafar declares. "And we'll see if you can find a bride before next fall. Good luck nephew. I don't see that happening" Jafar says laughing and exits the room. 

Jiyong notices him exit and extends his leg out causing Jafar to fall. 

Jafar winces once he reaches the ground. He automatically gets up and shoots Jiyong a death glare. 

"I'm sorry, sir won't happen again" Jiyong says smiling innocently. 

"It better not!! Or I'll have your head!!" Jafar yells as he storms down the hallway. 

Jiyong snickers as Youngbae exits the room. 

"Ji, you shouldn't do that he will literally have your head" Youngbae warns out of concern. 

"He deserved it in my opinion" he says 

Youngbae thinks about it. 

He's right he does deserve it.

"Also... I heard what he said Tae.. how are you going to find a bride if you reject the girls I introduce you to?" Jiyong asks as he pouts. 

"Well... I'll figure it out. I won't let my uncle become king. He has an evil heart." Youngbae declares 

Jiyong smiles "I belive you. Good luck Tae" he says 

Youngbae smiles back "thank you, Ji" he says as he begins to walk down the hallway. 

"Tae where are you going?" Jiyong asks as Youngbae stops and turns to his friend. 

"To explore the castle" he says 

"Don't you want me to come along?" He asks 

"No... I'd rather be alone" Youngbae says 

Jiyong nods "okay then don't get lost like last time" he teases

Youngbae chuckles "don't worry I wont" he says as he turns back around and walks down the hall. 

~~

After exploring the halls. Much to Youngbae's luck he got lost. 

He walks sighs and notices a staircase that leads downstairs. 

"Hm? I've never seen that before" he says as he walks down the staircase.

Youngbae soon reaches a door. He goes to open the door, but it opens by itself. 

'....weird' he thinks to himself again as he grabs a nearby torch on the wall and walks into the room. 

Youngbae looks around the room and notices other torches on the walls. 

He uses the fire on his torch to light them and the room begins to light up. 

Youngbae looks around the room. It has many bookshelves filled with books. 

It also has a table filled with many test tubes and liquids. 

"....this is very strange" He says to himself. 

He continues to look around and notices a shiny yet dull object on a bookshelf catch his eyes.

Out of curiosity Youngbae puts the fire on the torch out and lays it on the ground.

He walks to the bookshelf while looking at the object. 

He was able to recognise the object once he reaches the shelf. 

Its a golden lamp.

'......a lamp?' He thinks to himself as he picks the lamp up. 

Youngbae examines the lamp in awe. Hes never seen one before.

As he continues to examine the lamp he notices his finger prints on it. 

'Its dusty' he thinks to himself as he uses his cloak to clean off the lamp. 

After cleaning it off. Youngbae notices blue smoke exiting the lamp

"What the hell?" He says to himself. The smoke is becoming worse. 

Youngbae begins to cough and uses his arm to try and calm the smoke down. 

He hears a giggle and jumps slightly. 

Once the smoke disappears. Youngbae sees a beautiful girl. 

The girl has long brown hair and brown eyes. She is for some odd reason wearing a strange white outfit with a white hat and heels (the pilot outfit she wore in Genie) 

She smiles and bows politely. "Hello there master!" She says kindly. 

"M-Master?" Youngbae asks in confusion. 

"Yes sir! You are my new master! I'm your genie! My name is Kim Taeyeon" The beautiful girl says smiling. 

".....okay I'm so lost" Youngbae says as he stares at the girl in awe.

 

~~

 

First chapter done! Thanks for reading! (Sorry I promised a new ship after I finished my first story, but I will still publish a new story about the ship with the winning vote like I promised after I'm done with the gtae fanfic! ^^)