Third

A shojo manga

When Taein opened her eyes she found a familiar ceiling white ceiling. She got up but someone pushed her back down gently. She was confused and she felt light headed. The bed moved a bit and she opened her closed eyes and saw Jungkook. He placed a hand on her forehead while placing his free one on his own. She blinked slowly then it hit her that there was still class and she abruptly got up. However Jungkook read her mind and pinned her down placing a hand near her head.

"Don't move."

"I have class Jungkook." She tried to get up but Jungkook only pushed her down and leaned down to pin her down more.

"I told the teachers that you're in the infirmary room so don't worry." He said calmly and she let out a sigh.

"You haven't contacted my mum have you?" She asked and he shook his head. She relaxed more and he let her go, knowing she wouldn't run away.

"Not yet why?" He asked and she grabbed his sleeve.

"Don't tell my mum that I'm here. Please..."

Jungkook frowned, "But you can't stay here... Plus you're sick Taein."

"I don't want her to worry..." She mumbled almost inaudible and Jungkook thought for sometime. Judging from her temperature he predicted that if she didn't properly treat her fever it could lead to worse, possibly she could collapse. He assumed that she caught the fever by overworking and probably lack of sleep.

"I won't tell her," he started and her eyes lit up. "But you have to not work today." She bit her lip uncertain because she never really skipped before. Jungkook chuckled by how fast her eyes lit up to then changed to uncertainty.

"O-okay..." She hesitated and he smiled.

"Good! I won't tell your mum then."

"But if I'm not going to work where am I going?" She asked and he sat back on the bed. He pat her head with a small smile and for some reason she closed her eyes involuntarily. He gently pulled her head closer and lay down on the bed with her. He pulled her into his chest, placing his chin on her head. He knew she was cold because she couldn't stop shaking and probably the fever. Strangely it brought comfort and warmth to her and Jungkook smiled unconsciously.

"Sleep, Bunny chan."

ㅇㅇㅇㅇ

Taein opened her eyes to see her mum her head in a comforting, warm way. She almost ran out of her covers if her mother didn't stop her from running away. She blinked and was confused; she only remembers Jungkook holding her before she went to bed.

"Don't worry Tein, I already contacted your mangers and they said that you needed the rest." Her mother smiled softly.

"I'm sorry mum... I won't get sick again..." She mumbled in a small voice. She felt guilty because her mother was taking care of her now when it should be the other way around.

"Don't say that Taeinnie. Besides in a way I like it when you're sick." She smiled and gently lay her down, then putting a wet cloth on her forehead. "Not that I want you to be sick but I feel that you depend on me, just a little."

"It should be the other way around." Taein smiled weakly and her mother shook her head.

"I feel that you forget I'm your mother, you little." She tickled her side and she let out a small laugh. "It's a mother's job for her daughter to be dependent on her!"

Taein smiled softly and let her mother baby her since she was sick. She then looked at the clock and realise that it was time to go to school.

"Oh I forgot to tell you. That boy left you this." Her mother handed her the books she was reading and a note. She opened the note and wasn't surprised it was Jungkook who was the sender.

"Tell me, tell me! Is he your boyfriend???" Her mother asked like a teenager interested in gossip.

"No. Why would I have a boyfriend Mum. I'm too busy."

Her mother sighed and caresses her hair in a motherly way, "One day Taein when you fall in love, you have to promise me that I will be the first to know who he is!"

"But mum that will probably in ages plus I'm not even thinking about boys anyway." Taein dismissed her mother and she smiled still patting her hair.

"Taein, falling in love is the most beautiful thing in life and when you do, everything is different from the way you wake up to the way you fall asleep at night. Promise me that you will find someone and marry him one day." She smiled affectionately.

"Mum..."

"Yes my dear?"

"Do you still love Dad even if he's not here anymore?" Taein asked slowly. She was cautious not to bring back any memories from the past.

"Of course I do. Every day I still think about him and how much I love him." She didn't even hesitate to answer and Taein always wondered how could someone could lover another so sincerely and earnest.

"I miss Dad... Even if I haven't met him." Taein said softly and her mother hugged her.

"I miss your Dad a lot too. I wish he could come back home." She whispered and Taein wanted to answer her but she kept zip.

He's never going to come back mum, and it's all because of me isn't it?

ㅇㅇㅇㅇ

It had been a couple days since Taein was sick and when she returned, she got many hugs from Soojung and occasional ones from Jin. However when the day was coming towards the end, she knew that he was somewhere on the rooftop of the school and she had to go and thank him. She opened the door and saw the boy laying on the flat surface, arms behind his head and sleeping, peacefully. She sat down next to him and placed the packet of bread on his stomach.

"How did you know that I like bread?"

"It was the cheapest thing there." She shrugged and he chuckled.

"You're so cold, Bunny chan." He placed the circle bun in his mouth.

"Bunny?" She blinked and he nodded with a grin. He finished eating the amount in his mouth before he spoke again.

"When you sleep, you remind me of a bunny. I don't know why." He shrugged and continued to eat his bread. She frowned at his words but shrugged, she really didn't care what he called her. There was a soft moment of silence between the two as people voices could be heard down the bottom because club activities were on.

"Thank you."

He looked at her for a moment and chuckled softly after. "I didn't do anything."

"You caught me when I fell and you dropped me back home safely."

He leaned back with his arms behind his head and stared at the sky, "If I didn't take you home, your mother would worry and I'm well aware that you don't like her to worry." He started and she nodded silently, lying down with him and starring at the orange sunset. "Besides, I would catch you if you ever fall again."

She looked at him as he looked at her and she gave him one of her most sincere smiles, "Thank you, Jungkook."

She looked back to the sky and closed her eyes, letting the light breeze hit her face. Jungkook on the other hand was frozen. He was surprised by her smile, it was so bright, sincere like she really meant every world, and it showed innocence. She really didn't see the dangers that he carried her home alone, he was a teenager with hormones as well. He could have just taken her home and probably did more than she could imagine but not a thought passed her mind he would do such a thing. Her smile was different, it was sudden and it surprised him because he had always thought she was just being ignorant or stupid but seeing the way she smiled, it was like a young child who hadn't lost her innocence. He felt like he wanted to keep her like that, innocent and pure.

"Bunny chan, you should be careful." He stood up suddenly and she opened one and hummed before slowly getting up as well. He suddenly leaned closer towards her face and she felt her heart quicken.

"You shouldn't thank me like that."

"What do you mean?"

He pulled away with a small smirk and walked away. He had to admit, Jung Taein was one interesting girl and he wanted to see more.

He wanted to see all the different sides to her.